“Now, a terrific deal”
Review of Inn on Broadway

Inn on Broadway
Ranked #50 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I picked this place because of the price, proximity to my daughter's summer apartment, and rating. Pricing on Expedia was pretty good--about $50/night plus taxes.

Based on some of the reviews here, I wasn't expecting much, what with horror stories of burnt holes in carpets and soiled sheets. But I was very much impressed by the quality of the particular room I was given. Clean, relatively recent renovations, nice carpet, nice bathroom, decent bed. There WAS a trace of cigarette smell in the hallway, but the room itself was totally odor-free, and the A/C worked great. Decent TV picture quality, too, though the set was a tube.

This is the first night of a 3-night stay, but I wanted to write this because the reality (at least in my case) was quite different from some of the reviews here. I wonder if there is a lot of bad-mouthing between competitors going on in Lexington?

EDIT:
Now it's day 3. Found out from one of the managers a couple of useful bits of information. First, the carpet is going to be replaced in July 2010 throughout the entire property. This is really the only appearance issue I had during my stay. Secondly, that cigarette odor in the hallway? He said the hotel was going smoke-free this summer. So that takes care of that. Continental breakfast nothing to write home about; coffee, juice, cold cereals and cheap plastic-wrapped sticky buns.

I hadn't realized that the hotel shared the use of an olympic-sized pool at the hotel across the parking lot. Should have packed my swimwear.

Now I guess the question is how much the rates will increase. If they stay the same, I'd see this as a terrific bargain for the next few years if you're visiting Lexington. I've boosted my ratings accordingly.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
KDchrco, Management Company at Inn on Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and notice the changes we are making. The new carpet in the rooms is almost complete and we will also be replacing the hallway carpets. All the smoking rooms are gone and the breakfast is still free. Look online for web deals and we will still be a great value in Lexington for hotel accommodations.

Reviewed 22 July 2010

We just wrapped up a 10 day stay here and are very satisfied. I got an incredible rate and that always makes me very happy! The manager and staff are very polite and helpful. We got a King Suite (on the ground floor), which means we had a huge bedroom separated by a door to a living/kitchen area. This allowed us to further save and use the fridge and microwave to prepare some simple meals. Also the on site coin laundry was so convenient. Our bed was super comfy (and huge), with clean sheets and we never heard another guest while we were trying to sleep (and we were going to sleep early). We never smelled cig smoke in the building, the water pressure in the shower was excellent, the architecture was classic with high ceilinged rooms and tasteful decor. If you are super picky about cleanliness you may have an issue with the carpet, but they are in the process of replacing them. We recommend and would return.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2010

Stayed for 2 nights. Got a room by the lobby. First night alright, breakfast terrible. Out of everything by 7:30 and did not replenish. Told staff about it. Second night, 3 small children running around lobby until 2:00 in the morning. Asked clerk to do something, said he did not know what he could do, so my husband came out of room and asked if this was their policy. Told manager in the morning, he seemed to care less. Told him was planning on booking again for November, what not after what we went thru the night before, he said alright. Would not recommend! , Young adults bringing in liquor, and older adults drinking in parking lot. Learned my lesson. Terrible smell and dirty carpets.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
KDchrco, Manager at Inn on Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2010

Thank you for your feedback and staying at the Inn on Broadway. Customer service is our number one priority and we try to please all our guests. If you would like to discuss your stay further please contact me at the property at 859-519-2060. As mentioned in the previous response we are in the process of replacing all guest room carpets, bedding, lamps, and shower curtains. Additionally the hotel will be 100% non-smoking after the renovations (sorry smokers). We would love for you to return and see all the improvements to our hotel.

Reviewed 22 May 2010

I requested a room as close to the ground as possible and was given a room on the first floor, just off the lobby. The room (suite actually) was very roomy, clean (except for the carpet) and comfortable. The temperature was easily controlled and comfortable as well. The location of the hotel to local attractions can't be beat and the staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was adequate for my needs. On the downside, the carpet is very stained and dirty, and the maintenance is somewhat lacking. My toilet stopped up the first night, but someone came immediately and fixed it. I also had trouble with the switches on the bed side lamps. Overall, for the price, I thought it was an excellent value. It even has an fitness room as well as a laundry room. I wouldl definetely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
KDchrco, Manager at Inn on Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Inn on Broadway. We appreciate all feedback and are in the process of installing new carpet at the hotel. We hope to see you back the next time you travel to Lexington.

Reviewed 29 April 2010

The rooms with King bed that I stayed in at the Inn on Broadway was very spacious with a very nice balcony. The hotel staff was very accomodating when I asked for a king room with Temperpedic bed. I slept great and will definitely stay here again when in Lexington. It's a great value and convenient to the airport and downtown.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2010

I travel weekly for my company and this is the 2nd worse hotel I have been put up in. The carpet was so nasty dirty in the room, at least a dozen stains and burn holes. The shower curtin had brown grime on the inside of it, and it smelled aweful. The electricty was not working in the bedroom area, so I had no alarm clock or lights. The light switch in the living room area wouldnt shut off, so it was either one extreme or another! Also it only had 5 working channels of cable, maybe they didnt pay there bill? Yikes, needless to say I stayed only 1 night out of 5 reserved and moved to another local hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2010

My family and I came to Lexington for one of the Cats games. Unfortunately our usual hotel was booked and we had to settle on someplace else...namely here. Another website had this place rated pretty highly so we booked it and felt pretty good about it. I do a lot of business travelling and usually check this website first but I made the mistake of not doing that this time.

The room was clean and definately spacious. Unfortunately when I set my heavy suitcase on the bed, the bed didn't even move. I sat down on it and it was like sitting on the floor. There were only two very small pillows on the queen bed and there were no extras. It was the most uncomfortable night I have ever spent in a hotel. I have read some previous reviews where they talked about the bed being supported by bricks. I think in this case it was what they made the mattress out of.

As far as the other problems stated by other reviewers, we saw no bugs, the beds were clean and so was the floor. The only real plus to the place was that it had lots of hot water for the shower although the shower flow was very weak.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family