“Homewood Away From Home”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lexington - Hamburg
Ranked #3 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 24 April 2012

As a frequent traveler (both for business and personal reasons) I felt very lucky to stumble upon this hotel. It was a great value and offered a large expansive suite for about the same price that I normally pay for a regular room. It had a super friendly staff and most importantly it was extremely clean. (Even though the property is a few years old it felt very new.) As a result of my first stay, I later booked a large group stay there. Some hotels are not easy to deal with when it comes to accommodating groups, but this one handled it extremely well. The sales office was awesome to work with and I will definitely continue to stay here. I hate being away on business, but at least this hotel made me feel at home.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Jason H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lexington - Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Thank you for your recent comments regarding our hotel. We value feedback we receive from loyal customers like yourself. I am pleased to hear that your stay with us was nice.

We all look forward to your next visit while passing through Lexington.

Thanks,

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Lexington - Hamburg

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Have no idea why this hotel would get a bad review as we have stayed here repeatedly for extended periods of time and it is WONDERFUL - really feels like home away from home, except the normal responsibilities are all taken care of for you! No cooking - and the meals are far better than other hotels we have stayed at all over the country and the dining room staff is very friendly and polite without hovering; no cleaning - the housekeeping staff is always helpful and efficient... and when we have to do laundry, the facilities are clean and working, as well as the exercise room equipment and pool! We have stayed at a LOT of hotels in nearly all of CONUS and we always use Homewood as our first choice - and this one is a special favorite!

Room Tip: All of them are nice because there is a large sitting/eating area that creates a wonderful separatio...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Jason H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lexington - Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and as always we look forward to your next visit. Have a great day! Management and Staff, Homewood Suites - Hamburg.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed for 3 weeks. Staff responded immediately to any needs. Breakfast food was always plentiful and the breakfast staff was very friendly. Only reason for downgrade from Excellent to Very Good, was the hotels computer did not allow me to do the things I needed to do. It was very slow and would kick me off. I do not travel with a personal computer. I was allowed to use a managers computer to check into my flights. I WILL STAY THERE AGAIN.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Jason H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lexington - Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our sucess is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. We really enjoyed having you as a guest at our hotel and look forward to your return visit to Lexington.

Take care,

Management and Staff

Reviewed 4 January 2012

Driving between Michigan and Atlanta, I often stop halfway at Man ‘O War (exit 108) off I-75 near Lexington, KY. Having stayed (and recommend) the Hilton Garden and Hyatt Place, I thought I would try the Homewood Suites. Big mistake! First, there were no sheets in the closet for the pull out couch (traveling with my family). I called down to the front desk but the phone just rang with no answer. I then tried a second and third time with the same results: no answer. I then walked all the way down to the lobby. No one was behind the desk. I called out and someone answered from the area near the TV/ Breakfast tables. I walked over and found the desk employee eating at a table watching TV. I said, "I called down three times but no one answered". She said, "Oh, I must not have heard the phone." I finally got my sheets. As I checked out the next day, I mentioned to the front desk employee this and other issues (2nd phone in room dead, not wastebasket in kitchen area of suite, etc.). She was not fazed in the least and gave the impression she’d heard it all before. Really disappointing especially with all the competition at this exit.

Room Tip: You are better off at the Hyatt Place.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank ejmont

Thank you for taking the time to post a response. This is not the norm and have made every effort to ensure this hasn't happened again. We look forward to your return visit as you pass through the Bluegrass area.

Kind regards,

Management and staff

Reviewed 18 December 2011

Ok... we decided to try this hotel again. Breakfast was terrible, there was zero effort to keep the breakfast items stocked, in fact when we got down to breakfast, the entire hot bar was empty. The 'hostess' was hiding in the kitchen and the best the front desk clerk would so is say "sorry, we've been really busy today". We ended up waiting 15 minutes and then got sick of waiting for nothing to come out of the kitchen.

Last time we'll stay at this Homewood.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Jason H, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lexington - Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our property. We use this information to improve on our customer service and quality of items served. I am sorry to hear you had substandard experience with us during your visit. I hope you will visit our hotel again during your next visit to the Lexington area.

Jason Hadley, General Manager

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Stayed here once again for Keenelands' opening week.Once again,it was as nice as I could want.Made the mistake in April of staying at the Homewwod Suites on Ruccio Way.(just to see why it is rated so high) I don't get it !
This hotel in Hamburg is much the best! It's as clean as you could expect a hotel to be.(my white socks were as clean as when I put them on) Can't say that about everywhwere I've stayed. It's much cheaper! The food was better.(if you need a dining experience - drive a little!)They have a nice lobby,with a huge flat screen over the fireplace.The folks that work there couldn't have been nicer or more helpful.And did I mention quiet? Once I closed the door, I did not hear anything.(unless you get a neighbor slamming their door) And that is no fault of the hotel.
I also believe the location is better. Much less congestion getting there ; and everything is a convenient drive.You can eat at quite a few places without going on the main road.
So, all in all I don't get the difference in the ratings.I always feel at home when I'm here; and that's pretty much all you can ask for when you travel.
Can't wait for Breeders Cup weekend when I'll visit once again! (Did I mention they have TVG ? )

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Jason H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lexington - Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

As general manager, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to both Lexington and our property. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

TAfter a long day of driving, going to Keeneland, going to a UK tailgate party, dining and visiting my stepson at UK, this was a great place to collapse. The hotel is well maintained, the lobby has an inviting fireplace and was relaxing, the rooms were up to Homewood Suites standards and we had a restful stay! We did not have breakfast, but I did see it when I went for coffee in the morning and it looked hearty. Overall a good experience at a reasonable price on a weekend where rooms in Lexington were pricey and scarce (Keeneland weekend, UK Parent's Weekend, home UK football game all on the same weekend).

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the nice review. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to our property. We look forward to your return visit during your next visit to Lexington.

Kind regards,