“Enjoyed Stay Very much”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lexington - Hamburg
Ranked #3 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Everything was as expected for a Homewood Suites--that means nice room, good service, good complimentary breakfast. Location close to many good restaurants and to interstate. I have never been disappointed with a Homewood Suites and this was no exception!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Jason H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lexington - Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review in regards to your recent visit. I'm pleased to see that you greatly enjoyed your stay with us. Feel free to contact the hotel direct if there is anything else we can do to make your next visit feel more like home. See you again soon!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Wonderful stay. The room was huge. Everything was clean. Our family loved it. We have already booked another stay at this same hotel for an upcoming weekend and told others that will be coming to this area about it. We love it!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your experience with us. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything else we can do to make your next stay feel more like home. We hope to see you again when in Lexington, Kentucky.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

This hotel is,indeed my home away from home when I visit Lexington. I've written before about this hotel,and it never disappoints.Trying to find something new to say is difficult,because what I really like about this hotel is it's consistency. I never worry that when I get there,it will be different than last time.That's a good thing when you like everything about a place.They are remodeling,so hopefully they won't lose that warm,cozy feel that they have now. All who work there will go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The ladies who work the breakfast and dinner are as nice as can be; and the folks at the front desk are always there to help.One even mailed an umbrella that I'd forgotten.It had been a gift and was important to me.
One great feature of the hotel is that they may be the only hotel to carry the TVG horse racing channel.On my last trip for Keeneland's opening week,the weather was horrible on Sunday.No way did I want to sit all day in the damp and rain at the track.So,I handicapped the races,drove to Keeneland's drive thru,made my bets and went back to the hotel and watched the races on TVG. Stayed warm and didn't miss a race. You can't beat staying here during Keeneland's spring and fall meets.
So,if you are looking for a warm and friendly place to stay in Lexington,you can't go wrong staying here. I know I sound like an infomercial;but I haven't been disappointed yet;and I am a picky guy about where I stay.

Jim Kozatek

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Jason H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lexington - Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

It's always a pleasure having you as a guest at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again with the next big horse racing events. Please feel free to contact me if you should need anything before your next visit to the Bluegrass State.

See you soon!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Loved this hotel. We stayed here as we were doing the Bourbon Trail tour. Close to shopping and many places to eat. We did do the free breakfast, this one is way better than most ( I am extremely particular). They offer beer with the evening meal which was Michalob Ultra and an AmbeBock, very nice. Room is huge and clean, very quiet. Bed was comfortable, had a ceiling fan in bedroom which was very nice. If we come to the area again, will stay here for sure. This would be a great place if you had children traveling with you, has a full kitchen , real dishes as I mentioned, plenty of room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jason H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lexington - Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for reviewing our location. I'm pleased that you were able to enjoy all of our wonderful amenities the hotel has to offer. You will be impressed the next time you visit as we will be doing renovations this winter. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are passing through Lexington.

Take care,

Reviewed 15 October 2013

The hotel is in a good location right off I-75 with shopping and restaurants nearby. The room was clean and spacious, but the towel bar in the sink area was broken and fell off the wall twice. My room faced the interstate and the road noise was evident, even with the TV on. The light meal that was served in the evening allowed me to stay in, and the breakfast was fine. I would definitely ask for a different room next time because of the noise, but overall it was a good stay.

Room Tip: Don't stay facing the interstate.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your visit and we all look forward to seeing you again when in the area. Have a great day.

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for our Fall trip to Keeneland. I booked it thinking it was the other Homewood Suites which is a lot closer to Keeneland--but it still wasn't bad--about 18 minutes to the track. It's close to UK if you are planning a visit to the campus. We had a one bedroom suite which had a kitchen with a full fridge, dishwasher, microwave, and even a stovetop. There are dishes and silverware as well so it's nice to be able to have a meal in the room for the kids if you need to. The living room had a pull out couch but we just brought our queen air mattress for them to share(they are 7&9 so are starting to complain about sharing but I just tell them that's too bad:) we had a great king size bed in our bedroom thats just off the livingroom and has a door with lock if you need it-with its own flat screen TV. The bathroom has the sink outside of it with a large closet and then the toilet and shower are separate. Very convenient for getting ready in the morning. The room was clean and very quiet and the room darkening shades worked well. There are several places to eat nearby but we didn't go to any of them...I have to recommend Wallace Station for dinner--the best meal of our trip by a landslide...it's out in the country a little but but the drive is so beautiful you don't want it to end! Back to the hotel--there is a very good(as far as hotel breakfast buffets go:) breakfast in the lobby and evidently they serve food on weeknights as well. The fitness center was small but had 2 treadmills and an elliptical as well as free weights and an exercise ball. Oh and right next door is a Pet Suites doggy daycare which we might take advantage of next time...We had to leave our greyhound at home because she doesn't do well if we leave her at all during the day(she whines a lot!) so it's good to know...I don't think this hotel allows pets but maybe another nearby does that she could come stay with us at night but when we had an outing she could stay at the daycare..just a thought we had that might be helpful to other pet lovers! Otherwise we would definitely stay here again...

• Stayed: October 2013
Jason H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lexington - Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

I'm really glad to here that you had a fantastic visit to Lexington. Thank you for staying at our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon. We do not allow pets, however you are correct there is a Pet Suites located down the street from our hotel.

Thanks,

Reviewed 10 October 2013

This hotel is absolutely wonderful... The rooms are clean, quiet and nicely furnished, the kitchen and full refrigerator make long stays very nice. The courtyard and pool are well taken care and enhance the overall pleasantness of property. In fact...I have spent many wonderful days and nights by the pool, in the workout room and in the common room having breakfast and dinner. Perhaps the greatest asset of this particular hotel is the staff...everyone always did anything they could to make my day a bit nicer. LeAnna Slusher, at the front desk, always greeted me with a nice hello and made sure that my stay was the best it could be. This hotel is my favorite of all time. If I'm not at home this is where I want to be...Thanks Homewood Suites Lexington (Hamburg) I hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Jason H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lexington - Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Good afternoon, I'm pleased to see that you enjoyed your time spent with us. You are correct we are not really that far from Keeneland. There are many restaurants near our hotel for you enjoyment. Please keep us in mind the next time you are visiting Lexington. I hope you had luck on the ponies!