“Excellent and roomy...”

Ranked #44 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Excellent and roomy...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Sadly we were only here for one night during Rolex. Perhaps our room was newly renovated? It was spacious and airy, the AC worked well, and the room was very clean. The mattress felt like a pillow-top. We slept very well. While I enjoy having coffee and toast available in the morning, I was happy to overlook the lack of breakfast in this property in exchange for the larger bathroom and pleasant ambience. It was really much nicer than most of my bargain options. It is an older hotel : for me the "vintage vibe" just added to the charm.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. Judging by some of the other reviews, ours may have been updated...or I ju...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

We paid $56 a night (includes tax & AAA discount). The room had obviously been upgraded with the exception of the peeling wallpaper in both the room and bathroom. Floors felt dirty but they were cleaning them during our stay. Very nice staff. We would stay here again maybe not for an extended time but passing through.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Lexington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I have stayed in many hotels and had great experiences, but this was the worst ever. The air conditioner in our room was blowing room temp air. I reported the problem and they sent someone promptly but it was back to non functioning soon after that. The carpet was dirty, the bed squeeked but the TOPPER was a party under my room with a DJ and LOUD MUSIC!!! I called the desk after enduring it for almost 2 hours. The guy told me that I was the only one who was complaining. That was such a rude way to talk to someone who had paid for a place to SLEEP...I should not have to deal with a party under my room. Save those rooms for the party goers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family