“Something different”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: Gumbo Ya Ya Fast Casual Cajun Creole is locally owned & operated by Greg and Tressa Todd. Greg started his career in the Cajun restaurant business in 1989 as an assistant manager for New Orleans native Joe Vuskovich (Original founder of Jozo's Bayou Gumbo). Greg worked under Joe V's wing for many years as a prep cook, store manager & co-partner of the original Yats Cajun Creole. After several years in the business, Greg decided to open his own Cajun joint with a “keep it simple” motto & no frills. Thus the chalkboard menu and tax included pricing. The S. Broadway location opened it's doors in January of 2004 and continues to serve up Lexington's finest Cajun cuisine around. Greg takes great pride in knowing every plate of food served in his store is prepared by him using fresh local produce (no preservatives) & that he is dishing up damn good Cajun Creole for a can’t beat it price! So, whether your in the mood for the famous Yatwich, or you need to satisfy your irrepressible urge for Maque Choux, or you just want ya some Red Beans & Rice on Wash day, Ya Ya's has got you covered!
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This place is very different to the sort of places my husband and I would normaly eat at. We chose it because of the many good reviews and it wasn't too far from where we were staying. We were pleasently suprised. The atmosphere was very relaxed and casual and we really enjoyed our meal. It's nice when you try something completely different and it turns out to be enjoyable. We were very glad to try this.

1  Thank Lacey B

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I love when I find a restaurant that is vegan-friendly and after reading the reviews I knew I wanted to try Gumbo Ya Ya. Believe the reviews - inexpensive food that tastes amazing!!

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Sunday had a limited menu compared to the Web site menu. But the food was pretty good and very reasonable.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is my go-to lunch place in Lexington. I've probably tried everything they make, all of which is incredible and delicious. Generous portions, and very flavorful. The bread pudding is great too - the sauce is amazing!

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Fun, fast and delightful food. A variety of creole stew type meals that are filling and delicious. Dessert was also good.