“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #54 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Calhoun, Kentucky USA
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

When we checked in, the desk clerk, Marlena, was dealing with a group who were giving her a hard time. She was very professional, had a great sense of humor and quick wit. She dealt with them professionally and calmly. I could probably knit pick and find something that wasn't perfect about our stay, but over all, we were very pleased. Check in and out was easy and pleasant, comfortable clean room, good parking, typical breakfast, everything we have come to expect from Comfort Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sharon D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Winkler, Mb
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We were traveling through looking for a place to spend the night. Got the choice employee price, so I think it sure was worth what we paid for. I noticed Hustler right next door, but who cares? if you are not looking for that stuff it won't bother you.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Phenix City, Alabama
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I was in town to visit my mom, who was recovering from a stroke. She was having issues with the plumbing in her house so I decided to get a room on the spur of the moment to simplify things. When I arrived at the hotel, the girl at the desk was very plesant and set about getting me a quiet room with the best rate available. The room was clean (and had a working shower, which was what I really needed!). The breakfast the next morning was not as good as some, but it was decent and filling. When I decided to stay an extra day, I encountered no problems and was greeted with a smile on check-out. I enjoy staying when I am given friendly service and a reasonable rate. The only thing I was not comfortable with was the lock on the entrance was broken and the wing of the hotel I was in could basically be entered by anyone. Other than that I had no complaints or issues and will probably stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
cleveland
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

We had our reservation about staying here when we saw the hustler adult book store in front of the hotel but tired and surrounding hotels full we gave it a try. This was by far the dirtiest sketchist hotel we stayed in. The smell in the room was awful, literally chunks of dirt on the stained carpet, cigarette burns on the sheets and the air conditioner leaked water all over the floor. For $70 a night I wasnt expecting a 5 star hotel but this is a 1 @best

• Stayed July 2013
Chaska, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This was the first overnight stop of our 2-week trip, and it almost got off to a bad start.

The young lady at the desk was very friendly when we checked in. We went to our room. It was hot, but we turned on the air conditioner, figuring it would cool the room as we unloaded the car, then walked to a nearby restaurant for dinner. Other than the heat, the room was nice.

We easily found a luggage cart and were able to move everything to our room in one load. Time for dinner. As we left the room, I pulled the door closed, then jiggled the handle, just to be sure it was locked. Much to our surprise, it wasn't. I tried again - several times - and it never locked.

This was, of course, a cause for concern. I went to the desk and reported the problem. Their Director of Marketing was there, along with the young lady from before. When I said what had happened, he asked, "Room 301?" (It was.) Apparently, they'd had the problem before.

After some checking it out, he went back to the desk, then returned with keys to another room, just down the hall. We had to move all our stuff, but the new room was 1) already wonderfully cooled down, and 2) a better room - it had 2 queen beds, rather than 2 double beds.

It was not a problem we went looking for, but it was handled in a prompt, courteous and very satisfying way.

We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't take 301 until they fix the lock.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Markham, Canada
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Checking in was easy and fast. The female clerk at the front desk was quick and got the room key for me and asked if there was anything else I needed. The pool was a little cool but the hot tub was clean and perfect. The exercise room was a little small but all the equipment worked. This was our first time here and we would come back. Lots of local fast food and restaurants. Good service and clean hotel. Would be nice if they changed out the old tube TV. Good breakfast with waffles.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I always like to review the website in depth before booking. In this case the images were a somewhat misleading depiction of the 2 rooms we entered. We first got a room on the 1st floor where there was no shower curtain and the bathroom has some construction going on in it. We received the room as an oversight. We moved and stayed in room 226 on the second floor.
The staff was excellent, friendly and helpful. They get a 5 star rating!
The location is great as well, just off I-75 with restaurants and gas bars at your immediate disposal as well as a Starbucks right there too. 5 star again.
This hotel, in its defense, is doing, what looks to be, a gradual, room to room renovation.
Having said this, this property has not put much back into itself over the years with respect to the rooms.
The carpets in the room were definitely tired, as was the bathroom. There were many stains on the carpets and in the bathroom. The beds (2 queen bed room) were actually quite comfortable but were sagging in the middle. The comforters on the beds both were older and had burn marks on them, although the pillows and linens were good.
The room was a non-smoking room but I am guessing it was a smoking room in the past. The scent in the room and my sinuses stated so although I could be wrong.
The A/C heating unit was a little loud but that is ok for drowning out and hotel noise that can happen from time to time. We do prefer this to a degree.
At about 10:30pm a family arrived at a room close to ours, maybe even next door. From 11 pm to 12 am these guests were very loud, with an unruly child screaming and running around the 2nd floor. Doors were slamming inside the room and in the hallways. The door slamming was very loud and carried throughout the area we were staying. I waited until midnight to give them a chance to quiet down but it never happened. I called the front desk and the girl said she would react immediately which she did. This was at about 12:05 and by 12:15 am all was quiet. I thanked her in the morning as she was still there.
Breakfast offered an excellent variety of items and was top notch for a complimentary continental breakfast.
In the end, the property we would not have chosen for our stay due to the property condition. The foyer and check-in area are updated nice and modern but the rooms we experienced were not. I would say give it a year or so for them to complete some renovations and try them again.

Room Tip: If you are considering this hotel, ask them for a renovated room or ask if their renovations are com...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family