“Excellent”

Ranked #34 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The hotel was wonderful, clean, pleasant. It was conveniently located right off the highway, yet secluded and private just off the main road. The room was charming, large with a sofa, desk, and deck overlooking a lovely courtyard. I spent my entire day there, relaxing and enjoying the surroundings. WiFi in the room was free so I was able to work there. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The restaurant was a pleasant surprise. It didn't look like a restaurant on first glance but had wonderful food, freshly prepared, and a full bar.
I plan to return there every year to the annual event that I attend.

Room Tip: Ask for an inner room overlooking the courtyard. I prefer the second or third floor, unless for some...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Lexington North

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We were too busy to care about much but, I will say that choosing this time to remodel their POOL, bad idea! I was hot and muggy in August and they drained the pool after our first night stay. The drilling and noise was hard to deal with. Winter would have been a better time to remodel it. The rest was ok. The front desk staffer Jennifer could have picked a better attitude to serve guests but, whatever. Overall, good deal for the money.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Jerry R, General Manager at Courtyard Lexington North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Jennifer M.-

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Courtyard Lexington North.

You indicated in your response that there were issues with the pool and staff. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Jerry Robinson
jerry.w.robinson@marriott.com
(859)253-4646

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed here on our way to North Carolina. We were with family so booked 3 rooms. All our rooms were very nice. The staff were all outstanding. The hotel appears to be recently updated which is nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed here on our way to the Cleveland Clinic for my son and stayed again on the way back from the Cleveland Clinic. My son had a medical problem and we had to call 911 the morning of check out. He was taken to a hospital by ambulence. The hotel staff on duty, Jennifer, and later, Jasmine, showed great concern for us and were wonderful during this whole ordeal. They were only concerned about our son's situation and told us not to worry about anything, just concentrate on taking care of your son. We are incredibly grateful to the staff and to this particular hotel and Marriott has made loyal customers for life. Again, thank you to Jennifer and Jasmine and we will never forget your kindness. FYI, our son is doing well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with newly renovated rooms, and a welcoming and pleasant outdoor courtyard. All of the facilities were nice-- the dining area, the pool, etc. The best part was the size of our room-- we had a one-bedroom suite, and it was much larger than we expected. Our room also had a new bed which was most comfortable. The hotel was relatively quiet on the night that we stayed-- some door slamming and kids running through the hallways early in the evening, but no noise in the night. The staff - the assistant manager in particular - was extremely helpful and strived to go above and beyond to ensure that we had everything we needed. The location is very convenient to the Kentucky Horse Park. Would stay again if in the Lexington area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stay at this location based on where it is in Lexington. The last stay which was a few months ago the elevator was out all weekend. My wife had just had surgery on her knee and we were on the third floor.

I am a platinum member with Marriott and this hotel does not rate high on my list.

Room Tip: I would pick another location.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Jerry R, General Manager at Courtyard Lexington North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Good morning-

You indicated in your response that your stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

JERRY ROBINSON
jerry.w.robinson@marriott.com
(859)253-4646

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stay at this Marriott every time we go to Lexington. It has always been clean, super comfortable and quiet. I am a light sleeper so the quiet is important. Recently some renovation has been done For some reason or other the luggage racks were removed from the rooms. I asked about it, but no one knew a reason. Exercise is good, but having to bend to the floor every time you need to get into the luggage is not my favorite way to exercise. I have let Marriott know that I would like a luggage rack returned, preferably two.

Room Tip: quiet room, third floor, no one over your head .
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family