“Disapointed”

Days Inn & Suites Lexington
Ranked #58 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel on the way back from Florida in July 2014. I was very disapointed with the way it looked. You can tell it was a nice hotel at one time, but now it looks like there have not been any update for 50 years. The bed was comfortable but the hotel was run down and I did not like the breakfast. The employees were friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 22 July 2014

There have a lot of improvements to this hotel. The exterior of the building looks a lot better. The rooms are better. The biggest problem was the lobby, hallways, and stairways are very dirty. A good cleaning of the carpets would add a lot to the appeal of this hotel. I understand this is a low budget hotel.
The bar/restaurant is fine. The food is typical of most bars (not health food). If you like live music they have decent bands.

Room Tip: up grade to hot tub room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Nathan D, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. We do routinely shampoo our hallways and room carpets. The hallway carpets are cleaned once a month due to the high traffic. We are, however, currently scheduling a scope of work to be completed by years end, which includes replacement of all hallway carpeting.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize if there was any inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit. Thank you for your suggestions and comments.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 8592991202.

Nathan Dodge
Days Inn & Suites Lexington, Kentucky

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We arrived early and the gentleman at the front desk was very nice and got us checked in early, The rooms were clean and our room had a sliding glass door with gave us easy access to the nice courtyard and pool, We had dinner at the restaurant next door ,with has the best steak I have eaten in years and at check in we were given a $5.00 gift card to redeem with our meal, The following morning we had breakfast in Breakfast room all complementary, Gravy and sausage, Biscuits , Staff at the Days Inn is awesome , from the front desk to Housekeepers everyone was friendly and always happy to help..

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lee S
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed here 2 nights. I didn't think it was all that bad. We arrived very early (10:30 AM) and they could not accommodate us. We came back at 2:30 and a room was still not available. We went to the bar adjacent to the hotel and within10 minutes the front desk gentleman came over and told us the room was ready! I was impressed with the customer service. Our room was clean. The hotel is dated and needs some work. The pool was great. We were not near the bar/restaurant so I cannot speak to the noise of that, but there were a lot of sirens. I enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: You pay for what you get. All in all not too bad!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue M
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is a great hotel if you don't plan to sleep. Our room was beside the bar, which played loud music until 2:30 a.m. We booked our room so that our 11 year old daughter could get plenty of sleep before the state speech contest. When my husband complained, they said that there was a lounge in the picture on the internet. We have never heard of a bar lounge that plays music so loudly or so late that it disturbs the guests. We were very disappointed and our family only got 4 hours of sleep before such an important event. Stay somewhere else!!!

Nathan D, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that all of your comments and issues will be addressed. I have personally addressed the noise level with the adjacent lounge and they will be taking the necessary steps to control the volume of the live music.
I have also discussed your concerns with our front desk staff. Families and guests not interested in the connecting lounge should never be assigned a room in the section in which you were assigned. Please contact me directly so we may discuss this further so I may turn this negative into a positive.
Nathan Dodge - GM
8592991202 ex 767

Reviewed 7 July 2014

When reserving, we were supposed to be getting a discounted rate using AARP, but on arrival we learned that the rooms were booking for $12 less without the discount. We reserved four rooms for a family July 4th celebration, but on arrival one of the rooms was found to be dirty with towels on the floors, beds un-made. Of course, we found this room after we checked in. The beds in all four of our rooms were dirty and extremely uncomfortable. When we lay on the bed, it was as if our feet were elevated because the center of the beds were so worn. There was food under the beds around the headboard, bugs in the windows and cracks and crevices of the bathroom, mold growing around the shower, and a musty smoky scent throughout. Our room keys were deactivated on our second day, even though we were booked for multiple nights. I have never been to a Days Inn that was so filthy and it has nothing to do with the age of the hotel. Stay away, there are other hotels in the area that would be better for you and your family!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Nathan D, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to make us aware of the problems you experienced during your recent stay here at the Days Inn & Suites Lexington, KY. I apologize that your experience this year was anything less than satisfying and that we were unable to meet the standards you have come to expect from us here in Lexington over the past 8 years. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Thank you for your loyalty to us over the years and returning year after year. I assure you that these concerns have already been addressed and please contact me directly to book your stay next July as we discussed. It was a pleasure speaking with you today and I look forward to your phone call prior to your next visit to Lexington.
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope that we have made it right.
See you in July.
If I can provide any further assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 8592991202 ext. 767.

Nathan Dodge