“Decent Stay!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #65 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel does need updating but I have stayed in far worse! You get what you pay for. For a budget hotel, I would stay here again. I have read other reviews. You can't expect a 5STAR hotel if you only pay $39. So for what I paid, it was decent. The beds were actually comfortable. I slept really well. The room was clean just needs some TLC. There was a bottle of air freshener left on the table in the room, good thing too. I used it. There was a hint of smoke smell so I put it to use. Yeah, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Just check out the rooms before you pay.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brittany G

Reviewed 15 March 2014

When we stayed here, it was cold and snowing. The hotel did not salt the walkway in front of our room, nor did they clear the parking lot. We were on the 1st floor, and the people in the above room made noise ALL night long. Not a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The rates are great, but you get what you pay for. Room was ok - at best. Our locks did not, but it was not too clean. Floor in the bathroom was sticky, carpet was dirty. Bed linen seemed clean, and we did sleep well. We did not try the breakfast, mostly because of the room condition. We went across the street to eat. I would drive to another exit to find a place to sleep. I would not even want my dog to stay in this room.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel for the better rooms!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Okay. Definitely should have read the reviews. We got the room for $56 and change tax and all. Wasn't worried because I stayed at an econo lodge in Chattanooga this past winter for $35 a night. And it was wonderful. Up here to see a sick family member. On a budget. Okay. Here goes. They are remodeling the hotel. So it's a mess. Right next to a strip club. No biggie. Woman at counter was more than friendly. And room seemed fairly clean. Bad news....door does not lock. Dead bolt does not line up with the hole. (I spent 30 minutes trying) chain and steel holder are just gone. Floor feels sort of wet and sticky. Only two lights work. There are people walking around constantly. I think a few of the girls down stairs are professionals. If you know what I mean. I feel like im starting to itch laying in the bed. I really don't feel safe. I have barricaded the door. And I found a 2.5' piece of wood post laying on the stairwell I picked up just in case of well anything really. I hate to say but this place is horrible. The ceiling looks as if it could fall through. Please stay away. I will actually do a follow up review tomorrow....if I make it. Seriously. Pray for me!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank dickerson51
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The room was a steal at $40.00, but that was in line with the condition of the room. Dresser drawer, was broken, carpet was new, nice microwave & fridge. But main concern transits live there on a full time basis. Chairs on sidewalk, pit bulls, counted 3. Renters , guest BBQ on sidewalk. Most serious complaint, my daughter and me had large whelps , red marks, not from mosquitoes , but use your imagination. Better off by passing this hotel, hate to say, but strongly suggest bed bugs. I wouldn't dare eat the breakfast, in fairness, the reception of India descent was very friendly.

Room Tip: Asked about free breakfast
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kwest446
Reviewed 16 May 2013

When we checked in we were given a room that someone had obviously slept in the bed. We went back to the desk and was given another room. When we got in this room we found trash in the trash can still, trash in one of the night stands and dirty pantyhose in the other night stand. The hotel advertised WIFI and microwaves an refrigerators in each room. The room did not have. I took my shoes off and walked across the floor and noticed my socks were black on the bottom from the floor. We got ready to get in bed and found that the bed spread had holes in it. At this point we would have left if it hadn't been 1am. I discovered the next morning that the shower didn't work and the sink was stopped up. So I wasn't even able to clean up. We went to the desk and got a refund for the next night we had paid for and reported the issues. Econo lodge you should really reconsider allowing your name to be associated with this hotel.

Room Tip: Go across the street to the Best Western a little more expensive but well worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank robert l
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The receptionist was friendly and helpful. Otherwise, the place had virtually nothing positive about it. My room was rather worn and scummy in a few places, though it did have a working microwave and refrigerator. The parking lot looked as if it had recently been used as a bombing range. The bathroom was reasonably clean, but needed some cosmetic repairs. The "continental" breakfast might better have been called "barely a breakfast". I stayed here only because available rooms in Lexington were very scare on the Saturday night I was there. Fortunately, it's located just off I-75 so I was able to make a quick getaway Sunday morning!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo