“Very well ran”

Hyatt Regency Lexington
Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt for a company meeting during a UK home game, I was a little concerned about being able to rest because the hotel was full of fans and was pleasantly surprised at how well the staff handled the event. I had an excellent night rest without interruption. I was impressed how quickly the lobby/bar area went from being jam packed with excited fans to a very clean and organized area where I was able to enjoy visiting with colleagues. Excellent management and staff!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Thank you for your very good review of our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your visit with us for a company meeting and a UK home basketball game. Hyatt hosts many corporate and association meetings during the basketball season as our clients love to combine business and their passion for Kentucky Basketball.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Larry Bell

Write a ReviewReviews (1,145)

Reviewed 27 January 2012

Let me first say that the location is amazing and if you are a UK fan like I am this is definitely the place to be. However as an African American I was appalled by the way I was treated on a 3 occasions, the 1st time I had stayed there in the summer being that my FF points paid for my room I was reluctant to stay anywhere else. Upon being not greeted at the counter then asked rudely is there something you needed ma’am? Umm yeah I needed to check in... O she said my mistake thought you were here for something else?? Ok maybe my luggage was not obvious enough. They do offer service for a bell man to assist you with your luggage however I was not asked nor did I even know the service was available until, another couple walked up behind me and was treated royally. My first experience, rooms are nice and the lemonade was fabulous, Plus she could have been having a bad day, Oh Well my points paid for my room so I let it go.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank PERKEISHA
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I attended a conference at the Hyatt. The lobby was beautiful and spacious. No complaints whatsoever. Good service. Good food. Comfortable guestrooms. Definately would stay here again if Im in the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Thank you very much for your positive review of our hotel. We appreciate getting an overall "thumbs up" from such a seasoned traveler.

Reviewed 14 January 2012

My family of 4, (1year old and 6yro) decided to take a bit of a stay-cation from dayton Ohio to visit the surrounding area. We had tickets to the Harlem globetrotters last night and the Rupp arena is attached which is great. We are Hyatt platinum members and we are truly loyal to the brand when one is available. Why? Simply because we have only experienced true hospitality at our other Hyatts. Upon check-in we were checked in by the tall guy since he said I'll do it she is new referring to his coworker. Simply put he said heres your room 2 double beds. Well fine but why so short with us. So we ask if perhaps a room with alittle more sq footage due to the fact we have a napping toddler. Other Hyatts sometimes have business type set ups or ones with really large closets etc. No we didn't expect a suite. So he says nope nothing avaiable tonight and you are "only" a platinum mbr and therefore you don't get upgrades. Wow ok my husbands says ok we understand are you guys full tonight or something. He says nope only 60%. Fine not getting anywhere we head to our room 1430 super tiny. We hurry drop our stuff with help from chuck who was nice. He tells us he'll see what he can do for us and agrees kinds strange on big guys behalf. In lobby chuck says big guy says nothing he can do. Oh big guy did say you can get into a suite if you pay 250 a night. Whatever. We eat go back to room to nap kids before the show. Huge room party next door. No way happening. To late now we go back to big guy and tell him. Room next door filled with guys with frat boy mouths.... He said well move you to same exact room and put no one beside you. Thanks but he was less thrilled to be helping us. At this point due to the overall attitude we cancelled the rest of our nights. Btw, we asked about the hyatt place nearby and he said...well it's by a road and it's self service kinda snotty. Thanks but we know what a hyatt place is and for families they can be great. Bottom-line, if you are still reading this. This boils down to one person and his attitude. He acted like he was doing us a favor by waiting on us and that we were just bothersome. He single handedly ruined our tiny stay-cation. There is a great customer service video for employees called "give them the pickle". Get a copy for the big guy quickly.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank hokietravel
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2012

Please contact me through our hotel. I would like to apologize personally and make this right for you. Your experience with us was far below our standards and you can count on me to correct this situation for you immediately.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

We arrived the night of a KU basketball game so it was a little busy but our check in was quick and easy. The only problem was that they were out of king beds and that is what I requested. The good news is that they moved us to a king across the hall from our room at noon the next day.
The rooms are well appointed and beds are comfortable. I'm not a big fan of the toiletries but that's a minor detail. I will stay again on my next trip

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2012

Thank you for your very good review of our hotel. Walking through our lobby the night of a UK Basketball Game is an exciting experience. The passion of the Big Blue Nation is on full display in our BlueFire Grill as fans get ready for the game.

I am happy that we were able to accommodate your king bed preference on your second night and that you enjoyed our Hyatt "Grand Beds." Come and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 31 December 2011

We stayed here on our way back from Michigan. On our way up we stayed at the Sheraton Four Points -- and I sooo wish we hadn't. The Hyatt was a welcome departure from the Sheraton. The staff was friendly and helpful. When we inquired about a pizza place, both offered up their favorite local options. We went with Pazzo's, more of a Univ of Kentucky college joint, and we were really happy with the meal and atmosphere, since we aren't too far removed from our college days. The room was nice and clean. The fixtures were updated and the king bed looked inviting. If you have never stayed at a Hyatt, let me tell you, the beds are ammmmmazing. The only problem being -- I never, ever want to get out of the bed once I'm in it.

The guy whose review said the parking was inconvenient is being a littly silly. You can valet for 20 bucks, or park directly across the street for free. We parked it ourselves. It took 30 seconds to walk to it from the door of the hotel, and they let you park your car in the valet circle while you unload your bags if you want. It literally was closer than if they have a parking garage attached.
This Hyatt was attached to some sort of conference center or shopping center, but we didn't have time to explore that.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor (15th?) with a view of the ice skating rink. Nice view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Thank you for the very positive review of our hotel. We are glad that our staff was helpful in finding a local pizza spot for you. I completely agree, the Hyatt "Grand Beds" are amazingly comfortable, I wish I had one at home.

Please return soon and we'll send you to my favorite pizza restaurant, Joe Bologna's, it is a short walk from our hotel. You can't beat it!

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Would not stay here again. Rude Front Desk Manager. Poor Parking Access. Rooms are OK...but like other hotels in the area much better. The hilton accross the street has special parking for Diamonds right next to the front door and they are reserved just for their elite members. At the Hyatt you have to drag your bags accross the street unless you want to valet. Had the worst experience with the front desk and would never ever stay there again.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank businesstraveler486
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2011

Please accept our sincere apology for your disappointing stay. I would welcome an opportunity to hear about your experience first hand, so I can understand what the specific issues were.

Since your comments are inconsistent with the vast majority of our reviews, clearly something went wrong with your visit and I would like to make things right for you.

Please contact me.