“Disappointed”

Hyatt Regency Lexington
Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Pros- Close to Rupp Arena

Cons- Noisy, bathroom sub standard with towels that had to be replaced three times before nice white ones could be found. All in all not Hyatt worthy. Next time I'll stay else where.

Stayed: November 2013
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Jan S.

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for your poor guest room, it wasn't up to our standards either.

If you will reach out to me at your convenience. I have listed the email address below, I would be happy to make it right for you.

larry.bell@hyatt.com

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Lexington

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed overnight on our way to St. Louis for a long weekend. The room was well-maintained and stocked. However, the hotel staff made our day. I met some of the friendliest folks here that I have met in quite some time traveling. Had some drinks in the bar and did some shopping in the mall attached to the hotel. Very handy and neat little shops and restaurants that you don't even have to go outside to take advantage of. Will be spending the night in a couple of weeks to attend a football game and we'll be booking the same hotel. Hope you enjoy as much as we did.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Volunteer Fan,

We appreciate the excellent review of our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us and plan to return. Although, we definitely "bleed blue" at the Hyatt Regency Lexington we can appreciate a great hotel review when we see one.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt on Sat Nov 16th,2013 till the 17th for a Pageant.
We had room 725..worst room for sound,the room overlook's the lobby so it has a glass wall that is NOT sound proof..rooms on the 7th floor over look the lobby have glass walls.
Our family of four (including two little girl's) trying to sleep heard the TV's blaring,people laughing all night.
The doors to the rooms shut VERY HARD and opening and shutting of them all night long was another issue..it was non stop!

I grabbed one of the drinking glasses to get some water and as I went to drink I noticed the rim was all chipped & jagged.
When I took it to the front desk all they said was they would let house keeping know about it!

I asked would they comp our $44 room service breakfast we had Sun morning because of the chipped glass and they said no.

If my family ever comes to Lexington overnight again we will NOT be staying there.
We were all exhausted when we got home from lack of sleep.

Room Tip: Make sure your room does not overlook the lobby.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Please accept our sincere apology for the disappointing experience. Of course our staff should have caught the defective glass in your guestroom before you arrived, we will follow up on it.

We also regret the inconvenience due to noise transmission from our atrium in your guestroom and we can certainly understand your disappointment with your accommodations. Please feel free to reach out to me and I will certainly do what I can to make things right with you.

Larry.Bell@hyatt.com

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed in Nov 2013 as an I75 stopover and chose the Hyatt for the downtown location. Lexington is a great tourist town and the downtown core is safe, clean and friendly with lots of restaurants and entertainment venues. Hotel amenities were clean and staff were courteous. Self-parking is free, but no complimentary breakfast. Room rates are higher than hotels on the outskirts as would be expected. Flat screens in room. Restaurant and bar in lobby, plus attached convention, indoor shopping mall and entertainment venue.

Room Tip: Suggest requesting a higher floor room with view of the city versus lower floors some with view of i...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the good review of your experience at our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit to Lexington. Please return soon!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

It is VERY convenient if you want to have a few adult beverages at the concert. Don't have to worry about driving...just walk to the elevator and go to your room.
I recommend buying the room/breakfast package. The Buffet has anything you can imagine from fresh fruit to cereals to juices to made to order omelets....get the most for your money that way.
They really "jack up" the prices but the rooms are in excellent shape, clean, comfy....
The only complaint was being hungry after a concert and no food available, gift shop for snacks - CLOSED, no vending machines whatsoever in the building....when calling front desk, they recommended we walk across the street to the Hilton...LOL

Room Tip: I always ask for a high floor away from elevator and vending because I am a light sleeper. The most...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cassidy C

Thank you for your review on your stay with us. Hyatt is definitely the place to stay when attending a concert or a ballgame at Rupp Arena. We appreciate your nice comments about our sleeping rooms and our breakfast buffet in the BlueFire Grill.

We hope you return soon!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is the 2nd year my large family group has booked rooms at the Hyatt Regency in Lexington for a stay after spending the day at Keeneland. I have to say I definitely enjoyed my stay more last year than this year. While the rooms were a bit pricey last year, they were VERY high priced for what they were this year. To start with, the location is great, convenient to Keeneland and to Lexington in general. Check in was smooth and easy and the staff member was friendly. Upon entering our room, the first thing I noticed was that it was small for the rates charged. The bathroom was small and had only one sink and no exhaust fan, which I found very strange. The remote control was so worn out it wouldn't work the tv and we had to call the front desk. They did replace the remote after we had left our room again. The view over Triangle Park was very nice. The hotel did a great job setting up an area for our large group in the bar/restaurant and the servers were friendly and provided very good service. However, none of the 18 people in our group thought the food was very good. Upon returning to the room, I did find a small blood stain on the sheet of the bed (not mine). The mattress and pillows were very comfortable. The biggest issue I had with this room is that it needs some serious soundproofing! The traffic noise from the streetside windows was awful, especially as it seemed to be a busy evening for police or ambulances - something with sirens! If you were interested in knowing when all of the guests on the floor were coming and/or going from their rooms, never fear as you could hear the slamming of every door every time they came or went. My boyfriend had got up to use the bathroom and the toilet kept running LOUDLY (again, no soundproofing anywhere in the room!) so I went in to see what was going on and ended up having to fiddle in the tank as the flapper was stuck. The worst part was at around 3 in the monring there was a loud group of people standing in the hallway (I thought) talking. They were there for some time so I finally got up to use the bathroom and it dawned on me then that the people I was hearing were NOT in the hallway, they were in the room next door! Had I been interested in what their conversation was I could have told you word for word what it was! Overall a pretty nice hotel but probably would not stay here again due to the prices and the noisiness of the stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your experience at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience during your stay with us.

If you will reach out to me on your next trip to Lexington, I will be happy to ensure that you have a much better stay with us and handle your reservations myself.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Hyatt Regency Lexington is in a good location. It is downtown, which provides nice access to a lot of restaurants. It is also directly connected to Rupp Arena and a shopping area. With that said, I think it is overpriced like all other Hyatts. You receive fewer amenities (e.g., free wireless Internet) than lower-priced hotels (e.g., Holiday Inn Express) and the amenities that you do receive are the same quality as lower-priced hotels. One positive thing about the rooms is that you do have nice views because there are not many tall buildings in downtown Lexington. If you do not care about location that much, I would look for a lower-priced hotel like a Holiday Inn Express. If you care about location, and are willing to pay the price, this may be the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank kandkwed
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

I appreciate that you've taken the time to provide a review of your experience at our hotel. I apologize that you were disappointed with our amenities that we provide to our guests. We are glad that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and the city views from our rooms.

We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again in the near future!