“Nice Place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed here for a conference. My room was really comfortable and clean. I slept well. I utilized room service quite a bit, and the food was delicious.

Every staff member I encountered was pleasant and helpful, with the exception of the man who checked me in. He was distracted and rushed. I didn't let that one bad experience get to me, because the rest of the experience was so good.

If I'm ever in the area again, I would stay here again.

Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ron v, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear HannahBee123,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us feedback. I appreciate your comments on our room, our food and our associates. I will certainly share your comments with the appropriate team members.
I apologize for delivering a less than stellar check-in experience. Please be assured we will use your comments to better ourselves in this department.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We came to Lexington to spend the night after a day visiting the Bourbon Trail. The Hyatt was a good choice: centrally located, accessible parking, and easy to find. Our check-in was a bit bumpy as the person at the front desk seemed a little busy and flustered, but she was nice and helpful.

We requested a room on a higher floor with a view of Triangle Park, which was a great choice. There was still a good deal of street noise (to be expected staying downtown in any big city) but it was fairly minimal. The room was clean, comfortable, and web check-out was super easy.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jeffrey W, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
The Bourbon Trail is a unique adventure that should not be missed. Visiting the distilleries of the region, each with a unique history, makes for a facinating vacation. We are glad that your stay at our hotel was a good choice. The hotel is centrally located in downtown Lexington. The side of the hotel facing Triangle Park can be louder than the side facing away. Just let us know which view you would like!

Hope to see you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

stayed a week for a convention. stuck here since the convention was at this hotel. clogged drain in bath tub and sink. Weak refrigerator. Non existent WIFI!!!!!!! terrible. No one asks how your stay is/was. Didnt bother reporting issues as we just wanted some peace and quiet. Hotel room TV wont respond to controls- simply awful. Room smelled.
The wifi was the killer, ultimately.
There are a lot of options out there. do not stay here.
Lexington was beautiful BTW. Enjoyed that!

Room Tip: choose a room @ 15th floor facing triangle park
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
1 Thank Rob S
Please accept our sincerest apologies for our hotel not meeting your expectations. On a more positive note we are glad that you enjoyed Lexington. Our downtown location is close to the entertainment district with more trendy restaurants. Shopping is abundant in both the attached mall and the street front shops and boutiques. There are many historical sites to visit downtown as well.

We hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I spent one night at this hotel in mid-July 2014. It was an excellent experience. The front desk staff were on the ball and anticipated all of my needs. The breakfast buffet was wonderful with fresh juices and pastry as well as healthier choices. The room was reasonably priced. I expect to be in Lexington at least once a month beginning this fall and hope to make this hotel my usual lodging.

Room Tip: Ask for one! Above I was asked whether this hotel is romantic. My answer is that it depends on who...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are proud of our staff and how they interact with our guests. The BlueFire Bar & Grill offers food service from 6:30am with breakfast, a buffet on most mornings, lunch begins at 11am, dinner at 5pm, and snacks anytime. Six large screen TV's, ten beers on tap, local craft beers and a good selection of Kentucky Bourbons make it a great gathering spot downtown.

Looking forward to your return visits.
Maryland USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Hotel located right next to Rupp Arena in a safe, well lit area. Did not see many commercial shopping/dining establishments close by but I have not walked the area completely. You have a choice of valet or self park in a lot right across the street. Traffic on the street not busy so no issue self parking for this writer. Check in process was quick as two people were on hand to manage. Elevator was quick and had room on 9th floor. Room featured new furniture. HVAC powerful and cool, Kuerig type coffeemaker. Plenty of windows and nice desk. Room had fridge. Room was quiet or I had no or very quiet neighbors. Price for room was reasonable for my stay.

Small bathroom, lack of outlets but they did their best to add a few but located under desk inconveniently placed along baseboard. There are outlets located in the lamps which is helpful but not all plugs can fit. Bed on the soft side but this is subjective. TV on the small side maybe 26" I am estimating. Got about 20 channels. Not HD. Free wireless but connection dropped often during the evening as I imagine their system was overwhelmed. They should look into it or upgrade.

I would stay again as hotel is well kept and any issues are not deal breakers for me.

Cleanliness
1 Thank panther61
Your detailed reveiw of our hotel is appreciated. Our rooms do feature complimentary coffee makers with Starbuck's coffee and 32" flat screen televisions with approximately half the channels being HD. Our downtown location is close to the entertainment district and there is shopping in the attached mall. Wifi reliability is a function of the number of users and the amount of streaming activity. This issue will be addressed in the upcoming months.

We hope to see you back again in the near future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very nice and clean. We stopped in for one night on our road trip. It was in a great location.

Our hotel room was clean and well stocked with towels. The drawback was that it was noisy. We heard people in the hallway in the early morning hours. We got tickled this morning because there is a sign posted at the elevator to be considerate of noise in the hallway, so they know there is an issue. I am not sure those coming in at the wee hours took time to read it or cared.
Our room also got warm in the morning. We kept turning the air down but it did not help.

Stayed July 2014
Jeffrey W, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for making us a stop on your current road trip. Your positive comments regarding the housekeeping of the hotel are appreciated. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the late night hallway noise. Our overnight security works to keep the noise down on the guest room floors. It is hard for them to be everywhere at one time, however.

Keep Lexington and our hotel in mind for the next road trip. Spend a couple of days and explore all Lexington has to offer!

Hope to see you again soon.
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

If it wasn't for the VERY helpful and pleasant staff, doormen, front desk, I am not sure I could rate more than average. I was given a nice room on a high floor, which was quiet at first until neighbors next door. The walls are not that soundproof as I could hear toddler and mother talking loudly constantly. I think there were different maids during my stay because room servicing was drastically different on different days. My back did not hurt after sleeping, but make sure to check shower liner. They use a plastic liner, not the washable cloth one and I do not think it is changed after each guest as I had to ask to have it changed because of solid brown dirt ring on bottom. The doors are extremely heavy and there are signs everywhere to avoid letting the door close on its own, otherwise they will slam. Luckily I think most guests followed those guidelines. Free wi-fi fluctuated in strength. I did not eat at restaurant so I can not rate. Parking is free but you may want to check if they are hosting events because its first come first serve and paying guests are NOT guaranteed close parking. There is a large parking lot but many of the people there for a pageant events but not staying on the premises, took closer spots that should have been for paying guests, carrying luggage and items back to their rooms. There is no 24 hour attendant for parking and no one on weekends. Hotel is attached to Lexington center, so there are a few shops that you can see.

Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Your detailed review of our property is much appreciated. We are proud of our staff and it is obvious they made an impression. It is clear that we have some opportunities and they will be addressed with our staff for the benefit of our future guests.

We hope to serve you again in the near future.