“Great Service”

Ranked #16 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Columbus, OH
“Great Service”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights for a business meeting. I forgot my suitcase in the meeting room (was loading up the car & got everything else but my suitcase).
I didn't find out until I got home- 4 hours away. I called the Marriott & they had my suitcase! Shipped it WITHOUT charging me & I got it sooner than promised.
You don't find service like that, anymore.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
New York
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I stayed at the Griffin Gate for a week long conference in November. The service was very lovely and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel restaurants and bars were quite expensive, but other than that, no complaints.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The staff at Griffin Gate did a very nice job during our stay there. I was appreciative of their willingness to send some items we left in our room at no cost. Everything was clean, organized and well-designed.

Grateful for the good people at Griffin Gate and their beautiful facility.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Seal Beach, California
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Had to travel for business to Georgetown Ky so I stayed at Griffin Gate (Marriott) Resort.
Never trust a name; I don’t see this as a resort.

From the outside, you can tell that the hotel had some mileage on-it but it appears as though the inside had been redone recently.

The front desk was very accommodating as was the support staff.

My room and bathroom were an average size for a Marriott, clean, with no frills. The bed was relaxing and it took me no time to fall asleep each night. Now, if you travel with a computer or iPad that relies on wireless access the rooms are not set up for this so make sure you bring a device that is compatible to plug-in or go to the lobby for a hot spot.

The breakfast was good and plentiful and the hotel bar was always busy and well staffed. The restaurant for dinner was never really busy so it made me suspicious but the food in the bars was good and the Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale on tap was great. The serving staff reads your needs right away and is always on top of things. They were great!

I went to the hotel spa to end a stressful day but they close early so if you get out of mtgs or work around 6 pm, you don't have much time to shed the stress and relax with a message, spa or pool. The steam sauna and relaxation area is an additional charge. When I arrived to relax, the spa was understaffed and I caught myself looking for the basics - towels, water, toiletries, etc.

Tons of history in the near area, take a walk and check it out, the surround property is great. If you have a smart phone, download the ghost app and watch it go off... Fun ;- )

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
8 Thank rkbzdsa
Hixson, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Visited Lexington for the first time for a wedding. They booked a block of rooms and the reception was in the hotel. Rooms were great, batroom was a little small but clean and up to date. Food was very good in the resturant and the sit down diner provided at the recption. Great pool as well. Staff gave us good information on driving tours of the Horse farms in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I took my wife to Griffin Gate & Lexington for her birthday. It had everything she needs, a pool and room service! But, of course, this property has more than that.

It's a beautiful property, with the Mansion adjoining, well landscaped grounds, well maintained everything.

The staff was great, from the front desk to the house-keeping to the pool attendants & pool bar personnel to the bartenders at JW's Steakhouse. Throughout the property they were friendly, helpful and courteous.

And we'll be back to this property...however...

This property just seems dated. For it being a premier Marriott property with the history it has I was expecting more. Maybe it was the room we had? Upon arriving and walking into the room the best I could say about the room was "Meh". It was underwhelming. It looked like every generic room in every generic hotel I've ever stayed in.

From the exterior looks of the hotel I was hoping for more of an Arizona Biltmore Hotel experience. And from a service aspect that's what we got. But the accommodations, the room & bath, just left me wanting more.

Like I said though...we'll be back because all-in-all we still enjoyed ourselves here.

Room Tip: Ask for something not facing West...in the summer the heat will warm your room.