“Eh....But ok for Kentucky”

Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Nice room and nice TV. Clean. Terrible pillows made a good night sleep tough. Bad food. If you need a place just a crash this is perfect though. Not sure what other options are out there.

Reviewed 4 December 2011

Ok place. Rooms are nice. Pillows are terrible. Food is below average

Reviewed 27 November 2011

We stayed at Griffin Gate Nov. 18 and 19th. We enjoyed our stay very much. This is a beautiful and clean Hotel. The staff was very hospitable and friendly. I really enjoyed the pool and hot tub because I had it all to myself! The Starbucks had great coffee and muffins in the morning. We golfed nine holes at the Golf course and it was amazingly beautiful. We had so much fun! The attendant at the club house came to our car and helped us carry our clubs to the cart. I found that Temper-pedic mattress was a little hard to get used to as we sleep on a pillow top at home. Overall, we loved this hotel and would stay here again next time we are Lexington.

Room Tip: You can hear all the noise in the rooms above the bar.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2011

It's not that Griffin Gate is bad, it's just not worth the money to me. The hotel room was a standard room, dated decor, but clean. No refrig or microwave, all this for $200/night. The only good thing was the room service each morning for breakfast. Internet was not free $10/day. All in all, it was ok, but I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bubbie2
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I was very impressed by the superior service provided by the staff at this hotel. At check in, the front desk clerks enthusiasatically recommended local restaurants, offering to call to secure reservations on our behalf. I had purchased a new scarf while in Lexington, and inadvertently left it in the hotel bar that same night. Didn't realize i had misplaced it until unpacking at home. Upon calling the hotel, I was assured that the scarf had been found, and i received it by overnight mail the next day. Griffin Gate is a a lovely property with proactive employees!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Arrived at the Griffin Gate Marriott, Lexington, KY Nov. 8, 2011 for election returns. The dinner and service in JW's dining room was top shelf. Every item ordered at our table was superably cooked and served. Our room was clean, comfortable and very accommodating. Upon leaving the next day, I left an expensive mirror on a small stand in my room. Called the hotel that night; they located the mirror and offered to return it. David Johnson, Certified Tourism Ambassador, called to inform me he wrapped the mirror, mailed it and called to assure me it was on it's way to my home. He followed up with a phone call with a tracking #. The staff (one and all) are professional, courteous, helpful and personal. A breath of fresh air in the 21st century. Marriott Griffin Gate always the very best to offer and affordable. Thank you, David, Stephanie and others for a job well done. Dianne P'Pool Coleman

Room Tip: They are ALL good!!!!!
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I had to stay here for business. When checking out, I forgot an important envelope. I did not realize I left until about a week later. I called, housekeeping found it and turned it in, security saved and they mailed it back to me promptly. I travel a ton for work and most hotels begin to look alike, it is the staff the differentiates this Marriott. Will definitely stay here agin the next time in Lexington.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business