Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa
Candlewood Suites Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$173
US$113
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$157
US$127
Courtyard
US$145
All reviewsthe concierge loungebutter cakegreat resorttracking numberfed exindoor and outdoor poolsmemory foamlong weekendbeautiful propertybit datedmini fridgesouthern hospitalityfire pitkentucky horse parkexercise roombourbon trailoatmeal
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Stayed for two nights, being Christmas it was especially beautifully decorated. One thing of great importance to me is the efficiency of all employees. Genuine friendliness too. Every staff member I encountered was just that.

Cleanliness is huge - it was top quality.

One thing I also noticed, after getting back home....my clothes I had worn while being there, etc. didn't have that "motel" smell!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I enjoyed my stay there, the rooms especially the bathroom is very small, but the beds were comfortable and they had a nice comfy chair in the room. I have bad problems and it was nice to have that chair to relax in. The hot tub and pool was great, the gift shop was in expensive and had great snacks. The staff was very friendly and was helpful. They offer valet service which for me was great. I would definitely stay again. The gardens were a perfect place to take pictures and walk around. Very quite and peaceful. Even though it is located next to a main road, it is very quite.

Room Tip: The rooms on the south side has the best view.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Pros: Close to highway, relatively clean, courteous front desk staff.
Cons: Elevator was extremely cold (likely due to insufficient insulation), standard looking room including plastic display trays for Bath and Body Works soap/shampoo/etc, bartender clearly more interested in what she was reading than serving guests, memory foam mattress too hot to get decent sleep, drinking glasses next to sink were dirty, overhead light made putting on makeup next to impossible, grungy looking balcony, eggs were cold for concierge breakfast...do I really need to go on?
This was our second time staying with a Marriott as a rewards member, having switched from being Hilton rewards members. The reason for the change was the decrease we found in quality throughout the company. I certainly hope that this inability to provide substantial service and accommodations is not becoming an industry standard.

Room Tip: If you're spending hard-earned money, go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We just finished our 8th annual 5 night stay at this hotel and had another great experience. The staff is outstandingly helpful and friendly - a pair of shoes left by my husband was mailed to us at home without charge. The beds are memory foam unless you request otherwise and are so comfy with piles of pillows. The rooms are soundproofed and have blackout curtains so it it truly restful and private. The food in the restaurants and bar are outstanding - our favorites are the tenderloin beef sliders and the Kentucky Bourbon Cake. There is a nice indoor pool and hot tub, as well as an exercise room. There is a spa on the premises, too, but I've never had time to use it. The bathrooms are granite and the toiletries are upscale ones from Bath & Body Works. We'll be back next year!

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms have a larger bathroom with the sink outside the bathroom so two people can get ready at once. The suites have a very large living/dining area with a nice kitchenette. They also have a third bathroom off of the living room which would be fantastic for a large family.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2011

We have stayed here a few times and this time they put into what they said was an upgraded room which meant a very hard bed. If you don't like hard beds then ask for a regular room with the regular beds. They should have advised us.
Restaurant has good food especially the rib eye steak and a great lobster bisque.

• Stayed: December 2011