Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa
US$114
Country Inn
US$133
US$175
Clarion Hotel Conference Center North(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$103
ClarionHotels
US$114
Hampton.com
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$116
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington North(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$185
  • Pool
US$219
EmbassySuites.com
Hyatt Place Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$133
All reviewsthe concierge loungebutter cakegreat resorttracking numberfed exindoor and outdoor poolsmemory foamlong weekendbeautiful propertybit datedmini fridgesouthern hospitalityfire pitkentucky horse parkexercise roombourbon trailoatmeal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I recognize that having a spa, pool, and golf course might technically allow Marriott to call this location a resort, but having been fortunate enough to have stayed at a number of resorts both via my profession and personally, this location is slightly disappointing. My wife booked this for the family for a quick get-away for labor day and i did not look at the location other than it was in/near horse country in Lexington which conjured images of rolling hills and horse farms, however when we got closer and took the exit I realized it is less than a mile from the Interstate and seems to be in a semi-industrial part of town. Further, the interior is a slightly dated and it appears to really be a location design for business travelers looking for a "resort" to book their conference or meeting when visiting Lexington or those looking for a hotel for their wedding. My wife noted the grounds themselves appeared to be in fairly good condition but she couldn't take advantage of them when she went for her morning walk because of all the signs stating not to walk on the golf course which I can understand but consequently there are no grounds for the non-golfers to utilize. As an aside I was also disappointed how the weekend front desk manager treated my wife regarding a misunderstanding on the breakfast package we purchased with our stay as it was communicated to her at booking that it would include our children but when we went to pay the bill we were informed it didn't. Instead of apologizing for the misunderstanding, both the first person we talked to and the manager made it seem as if she was lying and then when it was eventually comped it was done so in such a begrudging manner than instead of feeling truly appreciative for taking care of the misunderstanding, it still left a sour taste in our mouths. All for a buffet breakfast where our young children ate a few dollars in food. Having said the above, the golf course is in solid condition, worth playing if you enjoy the game and have your clubs although several holes are close enough to the highway that you can hear and see the traffic going bye at 70 mph. Also having complained about poor service by the the front desk and on duty manager inside the hotel, I want to note how courteous the pro shop staff were to be me and they were very kind to my young son who is just learning the game. They made him feel as if he was the next great pro and it was greatly appreciated. We also thought the exterior pool was nicely done with pretty landscaping and a decent size pool. It is also time that Marriott catches up with the rest of the world and provide wireless in the rooms without an additional ridiculous up charge.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I have somewhat missed feelings about this hotel, but overall we enjoyed it and would stay there again. The resort itself is in a nice area - close to Lexington, but without a city feel at all. We enjoyed the outside pool and used the fire pit at night. The staff were very friendly and responded quickly to any question or request.

I have some minor issues with the room, considering this is a full-service Marriott. I felt the room was pretty small, and the bathroom was extremely small. My husband and I were in the room with 2 of our children, and it was very cramped. We would need to have 2 rooms if we stayed there again, due to the size. In addition, we didn't like the Tempur-Pedic beds or pillows at all. We all didn't sleep well due to the beds being very uncomfortable. While I realize this is personal preference, it would be nice to have an option of a different type of bed. We really enjoyed our overall experience, but I thought I should mention the issues that we had.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This resort has some nice amenities such as indoor and outdoor pools, hot tub and fitness room. There is also the golf course of which we did not take advantage. The room was spacious enough and clean, although the bathroom was quite small. The bar and restaurant were busy during our stay. I was very disappointed that wifi was not free; the charge was about $13/day. For the price of the room, I expected free wifi. The grounds are very pretty and well maintained. It is located right off the Interstate and downtown is not very far.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

If you like a golf resort, this is a great destination to try. There is a wonderful 18 hole golf course on the property with a very nice rolling layout. There are 4 sets of tee boxes to choose from, so you can play to your level. The staff was very courteous and the restaurant had great food. Rooms are just average sized, but the bed are super comfortable. There is both an indoor and outdoor pool plus a very nice exercise room. The hotel is very close to downtown, plus the Kentucky Horse Park.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that face the pool and golf course. Room numbers will be above x50. Lower number room face the parking lot.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2013

room average..paid for more expensive room...i think it was overpriced dog barked most of night one night but hotel did take care of this.... cleaned rooms very late.....not impressed at all

not sure what else there is to say ....not sure i would stay again would try embassy suites across street next time

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business