All reviewsthe concierge loungebutter caketracking numberindoor and outdoor poolsmemory foammini fridgebit datedfire pitnice propertykentucky horse parkbourbon trailoatmealshippingweddingjohnsonconferencebellman
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

We could touch one bathroom wall to the other and it was impossible to enter without the toilet touching our legs. The coffee maker also is in need of updating, it was the same as in lower brand hotels. Service was good but these issues would keep me from returning.

• Stayed: October 2013
GriffinGate, Manager at Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our resort. Many of our rooms have small bathrooms and we would like to apologize for any inconvenience this caused your during your stay. We see many new hotels are building larger bathrooms and can certainly appreciate how this feature can be so helpful, particularly when more than one person is staying in a room.

Our coffee makers are one-serve units. These units are the approved coffee maker for all Marriott Hotels. Marriott did a great deal of research on this as they know that in-room coffee is one of the most important amenities to our guests. There were many advantages to our guests in converting to the current one-serve coffee machine, but the clear disadvantage is not making a larger amount of coffee. The actual coffee we serve is a blend of 30% sustainably grow Rainforest Alliance Certified beans from Nicaragua, 40% Colombian Supremo and 30% Sumatran. The Rainforest Alliance works to conserve biodiversity and ensures coffees are produced using environmentally friendly practices. The overall objective was to provide a high quality coffee with great taste, aroma, smoothness and complexity.

If I may assist you in any way in the future, please let me know. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again at Griffin Gate Resort.

Kind Regards,

Dan Sirrine
Director of Operations
dan.sirrine@marriott.com

Reviewed 16 October 2013

If you are on a schedule, call for the luggage cart l o n g before you need it. We waited 20 minutes and went down to the lobby to see a cart sitting there stacked with papers. The staff did not seem to understand the urgency of our schedule.
This is a high dollar stay and they do NOT serve any breakfast, however there is a Starbucks in the lobby.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Hello Holdthelines,

Thank you for staying with us and for your recent review of your experience. Please accept our sincere apologies for our service failure regarding your deaprture. It is always our intention to provide prompt, exceptional service and it is clear we missed the mark and held you up and we're very sorry for that. If you would like to send me a quick email and I would be happy to follow up with you further. In the meantime, we will share your comments with our team and learn from this.

Kind Regards,

Dan Sirrine
Director of Operations
dan.sirrine@marriott.com

Reviewed 16 October 2013

My family of 5 stopped here on a road trip. We needed a place to stay for a night and we just drove up to this hotel without a reservation. The staff was extremely helpful at check in. Our room was a nice size and the beds and linens were fantastic. We needed a crib and the housekeeping staff brought it promptly and set it all up for us. The kids loved both pools and we all had a good night's rest.

We left very early the next day to continue to our final destination. In our haste to get on the road, we left my daughter's beloved stuffed toy. In calling the hotel later that day, the staff quickly checked the room and called me back within only a few minutes...they found the stuffed toy and overnighted it to us. They saved the day! If you have small children, you know how critical a special toy can be. This hotel staff really went above and beyond for us...and yes, we will be quadruple checking for missing toys the next time we travel!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Griffin Gate Marriott is easily located right of I-75 and near many of the Lexington Horse Country locations. It is situated with a golf course, which I did not have time to play. Our Fall location allowed for seeing some of Lexington's horse related events and the hotel staff was excellent in proding support. As a Lifetime Platinum member I also appreciated the Concierge lounge. They have recently undergone some significant renovations and the property is now up to the standards expected from Marriott.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be acceptable and have a view of the surrounding golf course.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I happily travel in the Marriott womb and have Elite status. The Griffin Gate was home for two days during Keeneland Races and a UK visit. The entrance to the hotel is quite pleasant but I'm afraid it drops from there. I think this is a Marriott Category 5 hotel--which means it sits one category, and light years away, from the Marriott Casa Magna in Cancun which is a six I think.

The hotel was clean, but the details were missing. The Concierge room was tucked away on the first floor behind the front desk. The food was limited in selection: a finger sized spinach/cheese on a chip and a finger sized sausage pizza the one night I visited. The salad was fine, but the wine was more expensive ($9) than at the bar including a $1 tip at the bar. (I had stayed at the JW in New Orleans this summer, whose concierge lounge, by contrast, must be a three star restaurant in its own right.)

My room wasn't resort quality and the lamps were most curious. The beside had what looked like auto pistons sticking out from the top. Turns out they were reading lights (a nice idea) but more Star Trek than resort. Breakfast was pretty typical Marriott consistent.

On balance, I liked the place but I think it was overpriced for the experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family