“Excellent staff and service”

Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa
Ranked #17 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Staff was friendly, professional and attentive. The rooms were clean and appropriately spacious, but the desk chair was cheap and uncomfortable to sit in and the desk was not designed to be used for reading or computing.

I would not hesitate to stay here again if return to Lexington for business or leisure.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa

Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here a great deal. The hotel is clean and there are lots of fun activities on the resort grounds. I chose it in large part because it is pet friendly. The grounds are a great place to walk your furry sidekick. Staff has good Kentucky charm. Food was typical Marriott, meaning tasty and reasonably priced. I would repeat.

Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is a great hotel in the heart of Kentucky's Bluegrass Region. The rooms are top notch and the hotel staff go above and beyond to make your stay comfortable. We attended a week long Rotary conference there in September 2013 and enjoyed all the hotel had to offer. The restaurants, lounge and golf course affiliated with the hotel are the best. You will not go wrong at this hotel highly recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2013

After driving 400 miles Lexington was at the half way point. My wife and I stopped here and could not have been more pleased. The hotel was clean and bright, the staff was very helpful, the beds were to die for, everything in the room was top notch, the gift shop had items people would buy, the indoor pool was great and so was the food we had on site. The area is beautiful and I can say we were rested the next morning. I would not hesitate to stay here again!

Room Tip: I think all rooms would please most people
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Senna34
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Upon entering the property, you are greeted with a view of the original plantation home atop a hill which serves as the club house. Upon entering the lobby, you are smacked in the face with the fragrance of the indoor pool, which is the only negative thing I can say about this place. Marriott bed lovers be forewarned, they have temperpedic mattresses throughout, so don't stay here if you are coming for your deluxe Marriott bed experience. The staff was great, the do not burn their eggs on the buffet when ordering an omelette. No refrigerators in the rooms.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We were just stopping over at this hotel for an overnight between home and our final destination (just to break up the drive) so I must say we didn't really experience the whole resort such as pool, grounds, etc. Even through the reservation process, I could tell this hotel was run by very nice professionals. My son is a severely autistic young guy and doesn't do well waiting around a busy lobby at check-in or any other time. They were aware of this and basically took us to our room immediately upon arrival. This is very kind and much appreciated. However, the first room we were taken to was so incredibly small and cramped. For example, my son likes to wind down from a 5 hour road trip by being on his laptop, searching his NFL teams. Well, the desk and accompanying chair was so close to the foot of the bed, I could not walk between the two. There was a window (of course) but no balcony - no way to get some fresh air. The bathroom was so cramped - the toilet basically so close to the tub, there would be no way to comfortably bathe him in the morning. Now I realize most people don't have the concerns I do - but I still think most people want a little more 'elbow - knee' room in a hotel room. So I called to see about any different accommodation and they did find something a bit more suitable. The room was larger and the bathroom was much larger and all that was fine. Then it had this odd patio of sorts - 'patio' is too nice a word. It was really like a concrete rooftop. No view. A few pieces of very unattractive patio furniture. Nothing like you would want to go out on and sit or enjoy a drink or whatever. Just odd. And these beds that they tout so highly - not to my way of thinking. The mattress was okay but certainly nothing out of the ordinary. We ate dinner and breakfast at the main restaurant and both were acceptable but nothing out of the ordinary. Breakfast was probably better than dinner - but that might have been because we were just tired at the dinner and not interested in a big, memorable dinner. At breakfast, they really helped us, since it was a buffet and I can't carry plates for two people and keep my son close. They were very lovely and helpful. I didn't realize it until we were checking out of the hotel that they only charged us for one buffet - obviously we didn't eat what most two tops would eat and certainly didn't go back for any seconds as many folks do at a buffet. Little gestures like that are very sweet and definitely recognized. In closing, there may be better rooms i.e. ones with balconies overlooking pool or golf course or something - ones that you would want to be sure to find out about if this was more of a resort destination for your family - obviously that would make for a much different experience. But as it is - I really have to say the only nice thing here for us was the kindness and hospitality of the people.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank gogirl51
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This hotel is always crowded, there is always an event, conference or wedding going on so keep that in mind as the sound proofing is extremely poor in many rooms- pack earplugs. Service is great, the gym is spacious, there is an indoor and outdoor pool and it is a short drive away from UKY. I really like the concierge lounge around happy hour, it is quiet, comfortable and the snacks are way better than in other Marriott's. I would stay here again if I am in the area for business.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business