“Business Stay”

Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Griffin Gate Marriott with two co-workers while attending a 4-day training in Lexington. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful! The location is in close proximity to major interstates as well as downtown Lexington and New Circle Rd., while still feeling like you are secluded from the world in a beautiful piece of horse country. Check in was fast, but since the hotel is so large, the parking lot gets quite crowded, which wouldn't have been a big deal if not for one of our guests who was 8 months pregnant. The rooms were very clean. They hotel is very large and could use some additional elevators. We were especially impressed with the pool areas. Very, very clean! I usually feel gross using pools in hotels, but not at this one! The whirlpool was equally as nice and very large. Again, the grounds, especially around the pool areas were relaxing and nicely themed. Now for the bad: the rooms are VERY small. The bathroom was one of the smallest hotel bathrooms I have ever encountered. The bottom of the tub had material cracking off of it, and another guest in another room's tub was the same. But really, the bathroom was SO SMALL. Unusually small. Also, this may be unrelated, but the hotel actually catered the lunch at our trainings off-site, and many people got sick from the food. It was almost inedible. But I don't know if the food at the actual hotel is as bad since I did not try it. The bar was pricey - $10 for a not-so-good margarita.

Customer service was good, housekeeping was good, and Todd in concierge lounge was AWESOME.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank englishcat1
GriffinGate, Manager at Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for your review, englishcat1. We appreciate your many compliments of our resort. Unfortunately, we are not able to go back and inspect (and correct) the issues you mentioned regarding your tub unless you would be kind enough to contact me with your name and/or room number. Also, we take any concerns that guests raise regarding their food very seriously. I have spoken to our culinary team and Event team who was present at your groups lunches and there wasn't any reports of concern. We did receive feedback from guests commenting on how much they enjoyed the meals. If you have any more specific information you can share regarding your experience, I would invite you to please contact me with more details. Thank you again for staying with us and for providing your thoughtful review.

Dan Sirrine
Director of Operations - Griffin Gate Resort
dan.sirrine@marriott.com

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The rooms are nothing great. Clean and basic but the hotel has the perfect location. 12 minutes from the airport and 8 minutes to the Kentucky horse park. The food was great ! The breakfast buffet, dinner in the steakhouse and the pub menu were all superb. Also enjoyed the pool, the hot tub and the tiki bar. Drinks were very reasonable at the tiki bar. It was the perfect get away from all the craziness.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank edmooreadv
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our 4 nights at this Marriott property. These things standout in my recollection:
- our checkin process with Josh. Not only was our room ready several hours early he also helped us to reserve an extra night.
- we loved the outdoor pool and nice pool bar service
- even though the hotel was completely booked with families doing various horse related events it never felt hectic or impersonal
- the cooler of bottled water on ice was present 24x7 at the covered entrance near the valet
- the Thann toiletries were awesome

Will highly recommend and stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank mwilaby
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I can't say anything bad about the motel we stayed on the third floor room was nice and clean the staff was friendly they had a nice quiet place but the best thing was the pool it was very nice it had a large 3ft area which was great for my kid and the indoor pool was nice to

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 days in late June whilst visiting UK. Large Marriott but felt very homely. Manages to squeeze in a dip in the outside pool and relax a little- very nice! Rooms spacious and well equipped as you would expect. Lots of space inside to sit and work or just relax. Great service in the bar and restaurant and generally very friendly staff. If I'm back on town it's my destination of choice!

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed at this beautiful resort for one evening this July (wish we would have had more time for a longer stay)!! We accidentally left out entire family's swimwear… I called the resort after we were home and spoke to Josh at the front desk. He was very helpful in locating our "lost and found" items. I then received a call from Dave Johnson In Shipping & Receiving and he offered to 2-Day FedEx my items back to me. What amazing service I received for something that was admittedly my mistake.
This resort is just beautiful and our experience with the entire staff was perfect. A must stay if you are in the Lexington area!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael N
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

This is an example of how a few cents and a kind gesture can cost thousands of dollars. I had a rough trip in to Lexington- arrived at 11p. I am a Marriott gold member. The shop and concierge lounge was closed. When I asked for a couple of bottles of water, the gentleman who checked me in stated that there were vending machines at the end of every hallway. Are you kidding me??? Every Marriott or any other hotel would just offer a complimentary bottle of water under the same circumstances! I don't carry a lot of change, so I had to go back out to the parking lot and search my car for change for the vending machine. NOT HAPPY!!! I have stayed here several times in the past, but this is the last time. I recommend the Hilton downtown- there is a lot more to do nearby and the rooms are about he same or nicer. I love my Marriott points, but I am VERY disappointed- enough to lose them to stay somewhere better.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Eric H
GriffinGate, Manager at Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Eric H - Thank you for your review and we are genuinely very sorry for the poor judgement used by our associate upon your late night arrival. Clearly, we missed an opportunity to offer you a comforting welcome to go along with a few complimentary bottles of water. We have already followed up with the specific associate who assisted you and we want to assure you that we understand your reaction and sentiment. We believe in a strong Spirit to Serve culture and work agressively with our team to Host Brilliantly - looking for opportunities just like this to strengthen our personal connections with our guests. Eric, we hope that you will return again, and please be assured that we will be ready for you and will take extra steps to ensure you have a fantastic next experience at Griffin Gate Resort!

Dan S.