“Left my laptop charger in the room” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa

Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa
Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Arlington, Texas
“Left my laptop charger in the room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

In the rush to check out to catch a shuttle bus to get to a corporate event, I quickly placed my laptop in my bag, but forgot the charging cord at the desk in my room.
I noticed this the next day and called the hotel. Housekeeping had the charger and the front office staff Fedex'd it overnight to my home. Way to go Griffin Gate Marriott! Great job, you save me a lot of time and money to not have to go out and find another charger. I look forward to staying at your hotel the next time I'm in town for business. Great food in the hotel restaurant too.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I've been staying at this property for business travel since 2001 and stay here approximately 50 nights per year. I recently left my bag sitting on my bed and called the hotel and they shipped it to me at no charge. Great staff, recently renovated the lobby, and just an overall great resort property. Must stay location if visiting the Lexington, KY area.

Room Tip: End rooms on 4th floor or above overlooking the golf course.
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

A very attractive hotel for a relaxing stay with a staff that is as wonderful as the decor. While we were pleased by the nice new remodeling of the hotel, what stood out the most was how friendly and helpful the staff is. From the front desk to the restaurant to maintenance and housekeeping, every person we encountered offered a friendly hello and offer of assistance, where applicable.

We aren't fans of the new TemperPedic beds, but have to admit that finding a really good hotel bed is often difficult. Our back issues just don't fit well with a TemperPedic bed and we wanted something firmer.

Beds aside, though, this hotel has everything for a great vacation: Lovely pools and hot tubs, great restaurant and bar, accommodating staff, attractive surroundings, a very good spa, wonderful golf course and excellent service, upkeep and value for the money.

Room Tip: This hotel gets very busy on summer weekends, so book early.
Green Features: Very conscientious practices for environmentally-friendly practices
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Valparaiso, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had the pleasure to stay at the Griffin Gate Marriot for two nights. The rooms were clean and they have very comfortable beds. The bar had good food and a real polite staff.The location of the golf course right next to the hotel is perfect and the course is really nice. I travel alot and what seperates this place from the other ones I stay at is the employees. I lost my phone on the course after looking for it for two hours that day a member of the staff drove me out at night to try to locate it. We did not find it but when someone found it four days later they contacted me and overnighted to me. They went way out of there way to help me and that is hard to find these days.I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: The rooms are far enough away from the lobby to avoid any noise.
Green Features: We had a function at night and they recycled all the bottles and gave away all the extra food .
Copake, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I researched the area before booking for my 9 year old daughter and me. This hotel exceeded my expectations. Nothing was ever a problem, hotel bed was like sleeping on a cloud, and the restaraunt was impeccable. Close to Kentucky Horse Park and airport. We will absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kimberly C
Corbin, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Griffin Gate Marriott with two co-workers while attending a 4-day training in Lexington. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful! The location is in close proximity to major interstates as well as downtown Lexington and New Circle Rd., while still feeling like you are secluded from the world in a beautiful piece of horse country. Check in was fast, but since the hotel is so large, the parking lot gets quite crowded, which wouldn't have been a big deal if not for one of our guests who was 8 months pregnant. The rooms were very clean. They hotel is very large and could use some additional elevators. We were especially impressed with the pool areas. Very, very clean! I usually feel gross using pools in hotels, but not at this one! The whirlpool was equally as nice and very large. Again, the grounds, especially around the pool areas were relaxing and nicely themed. Now for the bad: the rooms are VERY small. The bathroom was one of the smallest hotel bathrooms I have ever encountered. The bottom of the tub had material cracking off of it, and another guest in another room's tub was the same. But really, the bathroom was SO SMALL. Unusually small. Also, this may be unrelated, but the hotel actually catered the lunch at our trainings off-site, and many people got sick from the food. It was almost inedible. But I don't know if the food at the actual hotel is as bad since I did not try it. The bar was pricey - $10 for a not-so-good margarita.

Customer service was good, housekeeping was good, and Todd in concierge lounge was AWESOME.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank englishcat1
GriffinGate, Manager at Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for your review, englishcat1. We appreciate your many compliments of our resort. Unfortunately, we are not able to go back and inspect (and correct) the issues you mentioned regarding your tub unless you would be kind enough to contact me with your name and/or room number. Also, we take any concerns that guests raise regarding their food very seriously. I have spoken to our culinary team and Event team who was present at your groups lunches and there wasn't any reports of concern. We did receive feedback from guests commenting on how much they enjoyed the meals. If you have any more specific information you can share regarding your experience, I would invite you to please contact me with more details. Thank you again for staying with us and for providing your thoughtful review.

Dan Sirrine
Director of Operations - Griffin Gate Resort
dan.sirrine@marriott.com
Long Island, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

The rooms are nothing great. Clean and basic but the hotel has the perfect location. 12 minutes from the airport and 8 minutes to the Kentucky horse park. The food was great ! The breakfast buffet, dinner in the steakhouse and the pub menu were all superb. Also enjoyed the pool, the hot tub and the tiki bar. Drinks were very reasonable at the tiki bar. It was the perfect get away from all the craziness.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family