Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa
US$116
Hyatt Place Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$152
US$140
Country Inn
Clarion Hotel Conference Center North(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$103
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$114
  • Pool
US$193
US$153
Travelocity
All reviewsthe concierge loungebutter cakegreat resorttracking numberfed exindoor and outdoor poolsmemory foamlong weekendbeautiful propertybit datedmini fridgesouthern hospitalityfire pitkentucky horse parkexercise roombourbon trailoatmeal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have visited this property before. They have improved but there still can be some improvement on the overall maintenance and housekeeping.

Upon arrival they had changed the Lobby and Gift Shop. Honestly I liked the other gift shop better. More variety of snacks and beverages as well as actual gifts prior. Now it is more sparse and you are hard pressed to find any real nutritional snacks or food items. I hope they will consider adjusting the overall stocking at this shop.

The hall carpets although I am sure are part of the renovation sure look as though they are already in need of a super deep clean, stains and dingy.

Concierge room has not changed and nor has the offerings. Although better than some I think offering some more nutritional offerings would be nice. Swap out the corn syrup jellies and hydrogenated peanut butter for natural peanut butter and real jellies (maybe even something regional or local). Remove the carmel colored what is to pass for wheat bread and the white bread for whole grain breads. Love the fresh fruit though and the great coffee as well as the oatmeal and eggs.

The room. Well upon first inspection looks good however so many little things add up. The bathroom for example needs some housekeeping and maintenance. Caulking is cracking in the shower (already) and the grout had that mildewing orange stain in the cracks of the tub. Mold and mildew in the caulking and around the grab bar and soap dish. Shower curtain too. All these though are super easy fixes.

The pillows leave something to be desired very lumping and just not comfortable. The new mattresses good gracious smelled like a chemical factory. I appreciate that they are new but they should probably be aired out a bit before actually being put in the rooms. The new desk chair already had a big chunk taken out of the arm. And there is apparently a water or condensation issue around the window. Hanging pieces of plaster and wallpaper, that should be addressed for sure. Although I appreciate the amenities, shower jels and lotions they are usually filled with chemicals, parabens, perfumes...there was a facial wipe that was full of bad stuff. Can't fault the hotel itself that is Marriott allowing these types of products to be used. I appreciate the effort to be green but can we also move to better amenities without all the chemicals that are harmful.

The best things I thing about the property the almost all friendly staff. The property is dog friendly. The grounds are kept very nice.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
GriffinGate, Manager at Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for returning to stay with us and for providing the review of our resort. We deeply regret learning of the issues you encountered in your room and offer our sincere apology. These items will be addressed immediately and I will work with our housekeepoing and engineering teams to ensure this problem does not happen again. Thank you for your other great feedback and compliments, and please know that our entire leadership team reads these reviews and will consider all of your recommendations. Thank you again for taking time to provide this review and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Dan S.
Director of Operations
Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were booked as a party of 7 with 2 adjoining rooms. We arrived in advance of formal check-in time and our rooms were placed on the list to be cleaned "more quickly". While we couldn't be guaranteed an ETA, we spent the day at the outdoor pool so it wasn't a problem. We had lunch at The Top Deck, which is a poolside grill. The prices were a little high ($8 for a cheeseburger/chips) but the service was great. The rooms were very clean and the bed was very comfy! We weren't able to use the luggage cart unless we hired the bellman and the rooms had no fridge. Wi-if was $7.00 which is so surprising considering most places offer this free now (even Wendy's has free wi-fi)! We were also charged for our 5 local calls to find a pizza place that would deliver to the hotel, which we were able to negotiate down to only paying for half of them (but still.....). Apparently, there is a notice on the wi-fi cost flyer that says if you don't purchase a wi-fi package, local calls are not free. This is one of those things you should review at check-in...not on some piece of paper that we don't have time to read. There was a wedding taking place by the pool area, which was very exciting and our kids enjoyed the fitness center and the indoor pool. Overall, for the price, there are some things that should be improved however, I would consider this to be an above average accommodation.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank CarolinaKJ
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The Griffin Gate Marriott was a good place for a small conference. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Parking was free, access was very easy. Nice modern lobby and the food was surprisingly good. Free WiFi in the lobby but it peters out in the conference rooms and the higher floors. You can pay $7/dy for slow service vs a ridiculous $22/day for high speed wifi service. Set up a "mobile hot spot" with your smart phone service carrier.

My room was clean and comfortable, the bathroom very small. The bed was a memory foam mattress, almost too soft. Flat panel 40" Television, a desk and a small lounge chair. A mini-fridge was positioned uncharmingly on the floor while the free coffee service was located in the cabinet. All very decent but nothing over the top. My room had a little peeling wall paper near the shower and an air conditioning stuck at 65 degrees, fan on high. Normally I like it very cold but after the first night, I had to call maintenance to fix, which they did immediately.

Access to downtown, or anywhere in Lexington or Georgetown is very easy if you have your own vehicle. There seems to be a golf course nearby and there were a ton of people wearing equine riding apparel. I would probably stay here again.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

In the rush to check out to catch a shuttle bus to get to a corporate event, I quickly placed my laptop in my bag, but forgot the charging cord at the desk in my room.
I noticed this the next day and called the hotel. Housekeeping had the charger and the front office staff Fedex'd it overnight to my home. Way to go Griffin Gate Marriott! Great job, you save me a lot of time and money to not have to go out and find another charger. I look forward to staying at your hotel the next time I'm in town for business. Great food in the hotel restaurant too.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I've been staying at this property for business travel since 2001 and stay here approximately 50 nights per year. I recently left my bag sitting on my bed and called the hotel and they shipped it to me at no charge. Great staff, recently renovated the lobby, and just an overall great resort property. Must stay location if visiting the Lexington, KY area.

Room Tip: End rooms on 4th floor or above overlooking the golf course.