“Really enjoyed my stay!!!”

Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This hotel really has it all. If you are here for a business or pleasure I don't think that you will be disappointed. I was here for business and they have a great work area if you need to complete some things or meet with coworkers. I enjoyed the lunch and the breakfast bar that they had as well. But to best experience I had was the customer service from the front desk staff at check-in. Jeremy checked me in and was excellent. If I needed anything, these guys got it to me as quick as possible.

I have to also say that my room was excellent. Thanks Again for an excellent stay. I will definitely stay here the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Needed a one night stop halfway between Hilton Head and home so thought we'd try Griffin Gate - we wish we had stayed there a few days instead of just one night. What a beautiful property! It's a big Marriott built around maybe 1980 I would guess but the lobby and rooms are all updated - very current, fresh and enjoyable. The golf course is on the property along with a nice pool and hot tub area. The grounds are well cared for and well manicured. The bed was outstanding and made up for the teeny tiny bathroom (updated but teeny tiny). Traveling with Fido so we ordered room service and it was delicious - dinner was served hot and arrived quickly. Hotel is on NE quadrant of Lexington so we avoided city traffic - especially New Circle. Would like to go back for a long weekend of golf and shopping downtown sometime soon.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ClaireDeLune2009
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Generally we love Marriott hotels and this one was nice with a pleasant staff. However, I would rather take a beating than "sleep" on their bed again. My husband and I barely slept as the memory foam mattress or mattress top was hard and uncomfortable and left us feeling as if we had wrestled with someone instead of sleeping. Please Marriott, go back to the previous beds which were some of the most comfortable hotel beds we have ever slept on.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
GriffinGate, Manager at Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Hi SouthernGirl28,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the bed in your room. We want all of our guests to have a great, comfortable nights sleep and I am very sorry you and your husband did not experience this. Would you please be kind enough to send me an email so that I can inspect the specific room and bed you were in. I understand it may simply be the style of mattress - but I would like to ensure the bed and mattresses are set up correctly. Please accept our sincerest apologies. We hope to see you again at Griffin Gate Resort in the future.

Kind Regards,

Dan Sirrine
Director of Operations
dan.sirrine@marriott.com

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Bed was wonderful! But bathrooms extremely small and had a not so clean smell. Hand towels need bleaching. Had to cut air way down to keep cool. Otherwise front desk friendly and room had a fridge in it. Nice room overall. Expected a little bit more for a Marriott!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Newer hotels in the area get higher reviews, but this hotel offers conference amenities the others do not. The hotel has been updated and rooms are spacious and attractively decorated. Tempur-pedic beds are terrific -being a vendor made me happy to see all the rooms have them now. On my last visit, there were more choices for snacks/breakfast. That was a nice option that is gone.
The hotel employees are friendly and helpful and the pool and outdoor area is lovely.
My only complaint is the sad towels that should have been replaced ages ago. Country Inn and Suites have nicer towels. Come on, Marriott, you need to get rid of them and put in new towels that match the quality of your resort. Great bartenders, by the way!

Room Tip: All have Tempur-pedic beds. The king room was spacious.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Not only an excellent Resort they have a wonderful Spa. Al did a wonderful massage, Shamea did my facial and it was great Kym did my Man/Ped and my hands and feet feel soo good. This is the very best Spa that I have used. The Spa is very neat, clean and well kept. Everyone works well together. They are also careful on the products they use. The Concierge is great. A special thanks to Todd he does a great job keeping everything together. He makes you feel very welcome. With everything neat, clean, and well stocked The Resort is clean and up to date. Housekeeping does a great job. If you need anything it is only a call away. Wonderful bed. Lots of parking. Great area, so much to do. Enjoyed our 5 days here only wish it was more.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 4th floor facing golf course, very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just stayed here two weeks ago. I did not sleep well. The beds are extremely hot. They have new Tempur- pedics beds. I actually have a latex mattress at my home. I thought because of this, sleeping would be no problem. I was extremely wrong. Pillow top mattresses are so much more comfortable. I feel Marriott is making a big mistake in doing this. I will next time not stay here just because of the bed. My husband was also having trouble sleeping because of the bed. The bathroom in my room had been remodeled but very small. The property is beautiful and the breakfast is also extremely good. The staff was very polite and friendly.
Nancy H from Indiana

Room Tip: Ask for the side of the golf course for your room. Less noise. The front is where they hold recepti...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GriffinGate, Manager at Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback on our TemperPedic mattresses. I have shared your feedback with our team and we are verifying that all of our beds are equipped with our pillow-top mattress pads. I am very sorry that you and your husband did not enjoy a good nights sleep! We appreciate your many compliments of our facility and staff and we will be sure to share this with our team. Thanks again for your review.

Dan S.