“Room damaged and missing furniture, wireless very weak”

Quality Inn Northwest
Ranked #63 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 26 May 2011

It looked like there might have been a fight in our room (123), the wall by the door was caved in, the table was missing (did have two chairs), and the wifi only gave me one bar on my laptop. I went to the office to use the computer there and mentioned the wifi and he offfered a cable, which worked great! (Sometimes you have to just ask, I suppose, and I'm glad I did.) We ordered pizza but ate it on my brothers bed. Getting ready for bed we noticed the sheet looked funny but concluded it was because we ate pizza on the bed! (Oh yeah, remember, no table.) Using the laptop was a pain, practically had to use it on my lap (maybe that's why they call them laptops), would have loved to have a TABLE to put it on.

I couldn't help but notice the shoddy constuction of the room we were in. The faucet on the sink was placed so far off that water barely hit the edge of the sink. The toilet was crooked and didn't flush well. the light switches were not well placed, probably within code but definitely not meeting most standards.

Breakfast was good.

Didn't get my ChoiceHotel Rewards because my wife booked the room through Expedia or Travelnow.com or something like that. Word of advice, know who you are booking through!

• Stayed: May 2011
ManagerRMH, Manager at Quality Inn Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2015

Reviewed 14 August 2010

This hotel is remodeled but still looks and smells old. The beds were old and not comfortable and smelled musty. Even with the air conditioning on high we could not rid the room of the musty smell. As a Choice Hotels member I was very disappointed in the quality of this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for completing the survey you received regarding your stay at our hotel. As a management team, we strive for ultimate guest satisfaction, and check all surveys so that we may always improve on guest satisfaction. We appreciate the comments you have shared with us, so that we may always improve upon our hotel and services.

Reviewed 12 July 2010

For $50 can't be beat. The room was clean and comfortable. Low occupancy had me a little worried and checking the parking lot frequently because I was in the back of the property in order to have a quiet room. Breakfast selections typical of this chain (no bacon like the current TV ads are showing though). Blanket on bed had cigarette holes in it, but the room did not smell like smoke. Basic, no frills stay but all you need to get a good night's rest.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 May 2010

I was in Lexington on business last month and chose this motel because it was near my sales meeting and was inexpensive. I've had decent luck with this chain in the past and this hotel was no exception. It is an older courtyard type of motel. They did honor my online request for a ground floor quiet room. The room was basic but clean. One reason I choose this chain was for the bedding. This motel did not have the new bedding but the mattress was great and I slept well. The wireless internet worked perfectly (needed for business). The only disappointment I had was there was no hot breakfast items, just the basic cold stuff. Nonetheless, for the price, I think it was a good deal and I will probably stay at this motel in the future (at least until our per diem increases).

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank travelinsales
QualityInnNorthwest, Manager at Quality Inn Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2010

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey about your stay with us.

We are really pleased by seeing the scores you have given to our service, accept our Thanks for that. We will always try to improve and do the best we can. We are currently in the process of renovating our rooms, so we hope to provide you the best service at your next stay with us.

Thank you again, for your honest feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 June 2009

Staff was professional and courteous during check-in and check-out. Our reservation was last minute and made through Choice Hotels. No glitches.

The room we stayed in was not in that bad of shape to look at. It appeared clean, there were no holes in the walls and I was impressed to see the same granite in the bathroom that I've seen in much finer hotels. It had a foul odor to it when we first entered. It was a smoking room, so I wasn't too shocked by it. The carpet felt quite sticky on the feet, which shed a bad impression on the genuine cleanliness of the room.

Amenities in the room included a hair dryer and a coffee maker (coffee and condiments included.) Also had Wi-Fi, although the sign in the lobby indicated that ONLY wired Internet access was available (and they have cables if needed.)

The hotel offered a continental breakfast from 6:30am to 9:30am. Consisted of the usual for most Choice Hotels... cereal, bagels, pastries, boiled eggs, skim and 3% milk, apple juice, orange juice and coffee. Didn't see toast or fruit... and no waffles.

Didn't get to use the pool, but it looked as clean as one could expect for an outdoor pool. There was a fitness room and a laundry room on the premises also. Didn't use them either, so can't comment on the quality of the machines. Snack and ice machines were available.

This motel no longer allows pets and has a strict policy if you get caught sneaking one in. According to another sign in the lobby, they kick you out, keep your money and CAN/COULD charge additional fines.

There is a Japanese restaurant across the street and a convenient store beside the hotel. A quick half-mile drive up the road will give you lots more dining opportunities, including a Chinese buffet.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 February 2009

Pros: Large TV, fridge, coffee maker. One of the cleanest hotel rooms I've stayed in. No noise from neighbours or nearby roads. Convenient for downtown.

Cons: The hotel is quite run down, and in need of some basic improvements e.g. our bath was sealed with masking tape! The room heater was very noisy and very inefficient for this time of year. Very thin bed covers and small flat pillows.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 September 2008

This hotel has all outside entrances, and the office is in a totally separate building by itself. The front desk clerks were both very pleasant. The room I was given was probably 10 x 12, and smelled like cat urine covered up by a really bad smelling cleaning agent. Being absolutely exhausted, I thought I could tough it out for one night. I left my change of clothing in my car, as I didn’t want them to take on the fowl smell.

The bathroom and shower were actually not too bad, and were probably the cleanest parts of the room. This is a first time in a long time that I’ve stayed in a hotel that I was afraid to touch anything. There was no secondary lock on the door, so I propped a chair up against it. I didn’t let the bed comforter touch my skin, but the bed linens smelled clean and fresh, as did the bathroom towels.

Having had a “bed bug experience” at a different Quality Inn, I inspected the headboard and only found a ¼ inch of dust, and some old spider webs, but no bed bugs.

The location didn’t seem unsafe so to speak, but it looked like most of this hotel’s clientele were migrant workers, and the convenience store next door had an entire section of non-U.S. type foods to cater to it's clientele.

• Stayed: September 2008