“Stale Cigarette Smell”

Ranked #63 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Atlanta, Ga
“Stale Cigarette Smell”
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I chose this location because it advertised the property as 100% smoke-free. Upon check-in, I was almost knocked down by the nasty smell of stale cigarettes in my assigned room. There was a huge hole in the bed spread from a cigarette burn. I asked for a different room, and the front desk kindly obliged.

The second room was only slightly better, and by this time, I decided to just deal with it. I wish I'd walked away. My clothes, suitcase... everything.... had a lingering cigarette smell. I couldn't sleep because it was so bad.

I can put up with the hotel's run-down appearance, shoddy furniture, so-so mattress, old TV, mis-advertised hot breakfast buffet, and sketchy guests. But a hotel shouldn't advertise itself as smoke-free if it clearly doesn't do anything to ensure or enforce it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Wabash2001
ManagerRMH, Manager at Quality Inn Northwest, responded to this review, 15 April 2015
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for completing the survey you received regarding your stay at our hotel. As a management team, we strive for ultimate guest satisfaction, and check all surveys so that we may always improve on guest satisfaction. We appreciate the comments you have shared with us, so that we may always improve upon our hotel and services.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I am a frugal traveler and will accept pretty much anything if it is clean and comfortable. This motel met those standards.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable. The necessary amenities (toiletries, ice) were good. The breakfast was adequate, waffles, hard boiled eggs, cereal, juice, fruit. The TV was older and not the best picture but nothing to complain about.

The veneer on the drawers was coming off and there were pencil (or pen) marks on the wall, but the room was not dirty. I would probably stay there again but the motel is somewhat out of the way.

Ate dinner at the Japanese restaurant across the street. Had the hibachi dinner. The meat was excellent but the rest was OK.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ElmWI
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Budget Friendly and Decent: After reading many of the reviews, I felt a short update on my experience would be helpful. My daughter and I stayed in this hotel in June of 2010 for one night on our way to TN. The property has clearly undergone some renovations, although there are more improvements that could be made. The bedding was new with pillow top type mattresses, very full and comfortable pillows and soft bedding. The sheets, blankets and pillows were clean and stain free. The carpet was vacuumed and the bathroom and sink area were also clean. Our room provided in-room coffee maker, hair dryer and the typical samples of soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc. We had an older, but nice tv with cable and the free internet hooked up without any problems whatsoever. The hotel is an older hotel. This is a very budget friendly, clean and acceptable hotel for a "stop over" stay if you are not looking for the fancy lace and frills, but rather a clean place to sleep for the night.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 22 October 2011

The room was dirty and run down. I checked in very late so really didn't have the energy to look for something else. I was so disappointed I called management the next day. They were so rude I went to corporate. The gave me somewhat of a refund but I was so disgusted I'll never even set foot on the property again.

Room Tip: Double check and make sure they've updated things since August of 2011 before you book
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Cincinnati
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Stayed there on an Expedia secret deal. It was a place to sleep. Clean room, decent bed. Old furniture. Outdoor entrance to room, which I don't prefer at all.

• Stayed October 2011
Hurricane, West Virginia
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Room was old, very basic, wallpaper coming off walls, old TV, lots of mexicans hanging out in parking lot..stay only if you have to..

• Stayed September 2011
Charlottesville, VA
Reviewed 29 August 2011

For $50 on a Saturday night this place was pretty good. My room on the second floor (204, as I recall) was clean, properly appointed and well-maintained. The wifi signal was decent. There's a Shell station next door that you can walk to for a sandwich or something. Their gas is way overpriced, though. I slept past breakfast and can't weight in on that. Staff was friendly and helpful. Nothing in the room was broken or out of order in any way. No sign of bed bugs. I'll probably stay there again next time I pass through Lexington, assuming that prices stay the same. They have a Triple A discount. Its not exactly the lap of luxury but its a good place to spend a night or two.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business