“Average place to stay...”

Quality Inn Northwest
Ranked #63 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Claremore, Oklahoma, United States
“Average place to stay...”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We needed a room for one night during our travels. Price was right, $50.00 with AAA discount. Hotel desk clerk was outstanding, gave us information on where to eat some night life entertainment (Friday night), gave us info to the fountains in downtown. Getting to our room wasn't a pleasant experience. Individuals using the hotel as home steddars sitting on our stairwell drinking quarts of liquor didn't please me any. I saw a gentleman on his phone in the parking lot go around the dumpster and urinate while on the phone. I would not have stayed here if it wasn't for my very large husband with me. Room was decent just for a quick stay. Large fridge. Continental BKF was outstanding, waffles, donuts, cereal, fruit, bacon, sausage links. The lady putting it out was very nice and working hard. The hotel is a little outdated but if they wouldn't let people homested their it would be a lot better.

Room Tip: we were upstairs at the end
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
ManagerRMH, Manager at Quality Inn Northwest, responded to this review, 15 April 2015
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for completing the survey you received regarding your stay at our hotel. As a management team, we strive for ultimate guest satisfaction, and check all surveys so that we may always improve on guest satisfaction. We appreciate the comments you have shared with us, so that we may always improve upon our hotel and services.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Canton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2012

The staff at the front desk was very nice. Unfortunately the rooms were filthy. The rooms smelled of Urine and Smoke. The ouside of the hotel is extremely dirty. I have attached a picture of our mattress after the covers were removed. This is the second Quality hotel I have stayed in that was just plain old dirty. The location was great and the free breakfast was okay. When we arrived, the air conditioner was blowing out hot air and they had to give us a new air conditiioner. Something needs to be done about the cleanlinest of the rooms. I'm done staying at Qualilty Inn's. Apparently, the housekeeping is not priortiy.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
BELPRE
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I wanted someplace clean and affordable for one short night in Lexington. This hotel was actually better than I expected. It is an alder hotel, and some of the furniture was well worn, but it was clean, smelled good, and had a lot of amenities in the room. It had a microwave and a good size refrigerator w/freezer in it. I was particularly happy that the A/C unit fan would run continuously, letting the cooling unit cycle on and off in the background, without hearing that annoying sound of the unit starting up and shutting down over and over again. The staff at the front desk were friendly as well. It is located in an area within a mile or so of a lot of restaurants and shopping. The main message here is what I said in the title. While it is an older building and showed some wear and tear, it was clean and very affordable.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank T45714
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 March 2012

It's cheap and you get what you pay for. On the plus side, the hotel is well located on the north side of Lexington, near both interstates and New Circle Road. Everything works in the room and they have invested in some new vanities and bathroom amenities. There is an acceptable breakfast. On the negative side, this is an old hotel with peeling wallpaper, the cure for cancer embedded in the filthy carpets and grimy doors painted with the fingerprints of guests from long ago. I've certainly stayed at worse places and if you are tolerant of old and beat up but satisfied that you have good internet, a functional TV, microwave and frig, a decent breakfast and a safe environment, you won't feel ripped off because it is priced about right. Lexington has a wealth of two-star hotels and I can't imagine that this is the best value in town--but I'm a Choice Hotels Member and booked this through them to earn the points--it was more expensive than their Econo Lodge but less than their Comfort Inn. This place is not the Ritz but you will no doubt survive your stay unscathed.

Room Tip: They all look to be the same vintage; no advantages but perhaps the wing farthest from Newtown Pike...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank waldentenn
Atlanta, Ga
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I chose this location because it advertised the property as 100% smoke-free. Upon check-in, I was almost knocked down by the nasty smell of stale cigarettes in my assigned room. There was a huge hole in the bed spread from a cigarette burn. I asked for a different room, and the front desk kindly obliged.

The second room was only slightly better, and by this time, I decided to just deal with it. I wish I'd walked away. My clothes, suitcase... everything.... had a lingering cigarette smell. I couldn't sleep because it was so bad.

I can put up with the hotel's run-down appearance, shoddy furniture, so-so mattress, old TV, mis-advertised hot breakfast buffet, and sketchy guests. But a hotel shouldn't advertise itself as smoke-free if it clearly doesn't do anything to ensure or enforce it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Wabash2001
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I am a frugal traveler and will accept pretty much anything if it is clean and comfortable. This motel met those standards.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable. The necessary amenities (toiletries, ice) were good. The breakfast was adequate, waffles, hard boiled eggs, cereal, juice, fruit. The TV was older and not the best picture but nothing to complain about.

The veneer on the drawers was coming off and there were pencil (or pen) marks on the wall, but the room was not dirty. I would probably stay there again but the motel is somewhat out of the way.

Ate dinner at the Japanese restaurant across the street. Had the hibachi dinner. The meat was excellent but the rest was OK.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ElmWI
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Budget Friendly and Decent: After reading many of the reviews, I felt a short update on my experience would be helpful. My daughter and I stayed in this hotel in June of 2010 for one night on our way to TN. The property has clearly undergone some renovations, although there are more improvements that could be made. The bedding was new with pillow top type mattresses, very full and comfortable pillows and soft bedding. The sheets, blankets and pillows were clean and stain free. The carpet was vacuumed and the bathroom and sink area were also clean. Our room provided in-room coffee maker, hair dryer and the typical samples of soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc. We had an older, but nice tv with cable and the free internet hooked up without any problems whatsoever. The hotel is an older hotel. This is a very budget friendly, clean and acceptable hotel for a "stop over" stay if you are not looking for the fancy lace and frills, but rather a clean place to sleep for the night.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business