“Happy at Residence Inn”

Ranked #42 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Lexington, Kentucky
“Happy at Residence Inn”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I had a flood at my home and I have been staying at the Residence Inn until my home is repaired. From day one Sandy has been wonderful.. She is friendly, helpful and professional. This is a very stressfull time in my life, so I really appreciate her friendly easy going manner.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
RInorth, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Deborah O,
Thank you for the great review of our hotel, the Residence Inn Lexington North. We strive to provide the best customer service in Lexington as well as the best facility and it shows that we provided both for your stay. I am ecstatic that Sandy has been so wonderful and helpful! I am glad we could help you get through this rough patch!

Thank you again!

Michael O'Malley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 17 March 2014

It surely is like home away from home. I get to cook my own food. The front desk is really welcoming! The lady who is cleans our room regularly was also great! Cathy and Mike, the managers, are also welcoming and great!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
RInorth, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Jerry,
Thank you for the great review of our hotel, the Residence Inn Lexington North. We strive to provide the best customer service in Lexington as well as the best facility and it shows that we provided both for your stay! It was such a pleasure having you stay with us for the past few months! Cathy and I are so happy you enjoyed your stay while in Lexington!

We will see you next time your in Lexington!

Sincerely;
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My husband, our newborn and I had a terrific 3 week stay at this hotel. It was clean, friendly, convenient and comfortable. We especially liked using the gym and the walking/biking path that goes right next to the hotel. The breakfasts were good. We would recommend staying there to anyone.

Room Tip: We liked the ground floor north facing rooms that look out over the frisbee golf course.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Caroline W
RInorth, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Caroline,
Thank you for the outstanding review of our hotel, the Residence Inn Lexington North. We strive to provide the best customer service in Lexington as well as the best facility and it shows that we provided both for your stay! We are ecstatic that you had such a great stay in Lexington and we enjoyed meeting your new addition to the family!

We hope to see you again next time your in Lexington!

Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Upon traveling to lexington ky I found my self lost. I decided to call the hotel, A gentleman named Joey Owens answered and was so respectful and gave me directions that lead me straight to my destinations.Once I arrived Joey was there to greet me . He was so kind and spoke to me with a professional attitude. Some thing you dont see very offen.

• Stayed October 2013
RInorth, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Kelleydmilson,
Thank you for the great review of our hotel, the Residence Inn Lexington North and our front desk agent Joey! We strive to provide the best customer service in Lexington as well as the best facility and it shows that we provided both for your stay! Joey is one of our best employees and he truly enjoys working with his guests every day! We are ecstatic that you had such a great stay in Lexington and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in Lexington.
I hope you had a safe trip home!

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stopped at this property on the way home to Michigan from Florida. We were surprised at how spacious the rooms were and found the location convenient from interstate 75 which is about a mile away. The property was clean and well maintained but we were sad that the pool was closed and there was not a hot tub. We arrived late so we did not use the basketball court or outdoor grill but these are nice features. Management did provide a map to find our room but I did not see any markings on the building to make it easy to locate. Do stay for the complementary breakfast with waffles, eggs, sausage, bagels and etc. Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Travelguymichigan,
Thank you for the outstanding review of our hotel, the Residence Inn Lexington North. We strive to provide the best customer service in Lexington as well as the best facility and it shows that we provided both for your stay! We are ecstatic that you had such a great stay in Lexington and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in Lexington, maybe during the summer with some extra time so you can have a BBQ and swim in the out door pool!

Hope you had a safe journey home!

Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Usually when in Lexington and traveling with our dog, we stay at Hamburg Residence Inn. Upon finding no available rooms there for the weekend, we decided to stay at the RI on Newtown Pike. It is equally accommodating and welcoming. Also if planning to dine downtown or attend UK sporting events (as we were) the cab ride was under $10 so it turned out to be a much better location for our agenda. We opted to sleep in and skipped breakfast so I can't evaluate the food services but the rooms, linens, toiletries were great. I will probably stay at the North location again, when attending UK sporting events. The area is less crowded and cabs are cheaper. If I plan to shop I will stay at Hamburg.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear terri E,
Thank you for the amazing review of our hotel, the Residence Inn Lexington North. We strive to provide the best customer service in Lexington as well as the best facility and it shows that we provided both for your stay! We are ecstatic that you were able to reach your Lexington destinations with ease and had such a great stay. We look forward to seeing you and your extended family pup next time you are in Lexington!

I hope you had a safe trip home!

Mt prospect
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Would have been better off booking 2 separate rooms in a different hotel and saving $$. I've stayed in other Residence Inn's and have always been happy. This room was not kept up. Main floor bath had loose tiles, which tripped me up a couple of times. Bathtub drain was completely plugged which meant standing in ankle deep water during a shower - yuk. That's something they should be aware of when cleaning the room, so wonder if they know and don't care or don't know which means cleaning is not that good. We left a note and told front desk, all she said was "oh sorry".
Bed was the hardest I've ever slept on. Either of us slept much because of it. Might just be our preference for some give, but seemed like we were camping. Couch was stained too. For over $200 I'll book elsewhere next time.
Breakfast was good with different assortment of foods, including a pot of white rice and seasonings, a nice surprise.

Room Tip: Can't remember our room number, but it was second floor in building 7.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KMgrum
RInorth, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear KMgrum,
Thank you for the review of our hotel, the Residence Inn Lexington North. We strive to provide the best customer service in Lexington as well as the best facility and it seems we dropped the ball on these for your stay! As our property is not as young as other Residence Inn's we are renovating and updating periodically. When we fully renovated our suites 2 years ago we did not have the bathroom tile floors replaced. We are working on the floors to ensure they are all repaired/replaced weekly! I apologize your floor was not finished! I will also work with the housekeeping and maintenance departments to ensure they are communicating items such as slow draining tubs so they are fixed ASAP.

Once again Thank you for informing us of the troubles with your room and we will use this as a training tool for the entire staff! We hope you did enjoyed your visit to the Lexington area and attractions!