“relaxing pleasant hotel”

Ranked #4 of 6 Lexington B&B and Inns
long island
“relaxing pleasant hotel”
Reviewed 7 October 2011

everything you need for a relaxing stay. good location, free onsite parking and well appointed rooms but they need more mirrors and lights. staff very friendly and helpful, breakfast limited menu but very good quality and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: ask for a room with mirrors and lights
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Stayed at the Gratz Park Inn over the weekend. We attended a bourbon tasting event that was held nearby. The hotel is lovely and the staff very attentive. Great recommendations for restaurants although Jonathan's in the hotel is terrrfic, too. (Have reviewed that in a separate review.) The area where the hotel is located has lots to do within walking distance. Simplest way to put it is that when visiting Lexington in the future, you'll find us at the Gratz Park Inn.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I stayed at the Inn for a job interview at UK. As luck would have it, I forgot to pack deodorant so I asked at the front desk if they had any. They did not but gladly called two stores within walking distance. No one had any deodorant! The Innkeeper overheard my story. She had just bought deodorant, promptly went to her car, and gave it me! I was very grateful! If I do not get the job offer, it will not be because I smelled bad. THANK you for exceeding my expectations from the quality of my room to the delivery of deodorant! Everyone from the front desk staff to the breakfast staff were friendly and accommodating to all my needs as a guest. I felt like I was a special guest in their home!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Stayed here during our first visit to Lexington. Great location, in walking distance to most downtown locations. Excellent restaurant on site. Rooms very clean. Our room had no issues with lighting. Staff were helpful and courteous. Would stay here on future visits.

• Stayed September 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Love the location. Great restaurants in area. Historic surrounding area. Lovely compact walking city. Less than a mile from UK. No mini frig. Bottled water available always. Minimal charge for OK breakfast. Workout room a little warm. Yet very charming, would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 27 June 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Gratz Park Inn the weekend of June 10th for a family reunion and the hotel staff were very accommodating, putting us all on the same floor and also giving us great directions time after time.
Our room was very well appointed and the bed was very comfortable. It had a nice flat screen TV, a remote with the local TV channels printed on a sleeve that covered it, and my favorite - ice in the ice bucket - every day! Not having to traipse down the hall to fill the ice bucket filled my heart with happiness. Sometimes it's the little things.
Our bathroom looked like it had been renovated recently and was very clean. I could have used more room for all my makeup on the very attractive vanity, but I find that many hotels designers don't think about women who are high maintenance like me!
I really enjoyed all the attractive landscaping around the Inn. There is even a pergola with seating across from the entrance that is very pleasant.
All the cousins searched on line before we arrived to find a nice restaurant for one special meal. We all came to the same realization: one of the best restaurants in Lexington was right in the Gratz Park Inn: Jonathan's! Our meal and wine were wonderful and the service was also very good. It's a little pricey but just what we were looking for to celebrate our being together in style. All in all, our stay in Lexington was very enjoyable and the Gratz Park Inn and staff definitely added to that enjoyment.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 19 March 2011

Why would anyone stay in a boring old Lexington chain hotel when you can stay in the lovely Gratz Park Inn? This charming inn is tucked away in Lexington's oldest, most historic neighborhood and is easy walking distance to great restaurants and nightlife. The hotel must have undergone renovations since the not-so-great reviews I read from last year - I found the interior areas and my room to be lovely. The furnishings were beautiful, and the Tempurpedic bed was fantastically comfortable. I ate dinner at the online Jonathan's restaurant, and the salmon with corn and crawfish macque choux was incredible. I can't say enough nice things, would love to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business