“Pleasantly surprised”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #43 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I booked this room through Priceline without reading the TripAdvisor reviews (!) but was really worried upon reading them. However, we felt the hotel was just fine. It is definitely hidden away but is near lots of food options and even next door to the public library! :) The reception area is small but the staff is welcoming and friendly. My niece swam in the pool and we felt it was clean and inviting--plenty of clean, fluffy towels poolside as well.
The room was spacious and we had no troubles with it. There was a crack down the middle of the bathroom sink but it didn't leak -- just made the bathroom seem older.
We also had the "safe usage" charge added to our bill but requested that they take it off right from the beginning and they did so.
The breakfast was good. My favorite was fruit/yogurt parfaits in the fridge, not just the standard packaged yogurt. There was also hot eggs and sausage available in addition to the regular food items normally offered at these breakfasts.
I gave it three stars just because it wasn't outstanding but it was fine, especially at the Priceline price we paid. It is very conveniently located on Highway 68 if you are headed to Asbury University or Theological Seminary. We would definitely consider a stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

We've stayed at Comfort Suites all over and this one is a real disappointment!

After a very long driving day we were greeted by a nice young man and he gave me the info to sign. However he asked me "check" a block acknowledging that "I would have to pay for safe usage". But if I didn't use it then I could tell them upon check out and they would remove the fee.

Well in my opinion that is very deceptive practices because if I had forgotten then I would have been charged the fee. I have never been subjected to any such fees with Comfort Suites!

Additionally this place needs a refurb big time and it's only surface cleaning done. There was mildew around the grout and dust around the floor tile in the bathroom. The fan sounded like a jet engine in room 316 but was alright in 318.

We took off our shoes and within a few minutes our socks were dirty.

We wanted a non-smoking room and we were placed on the 3rd floor, we had 2 rooms 316/318 and the hall was stale smelling. The room was worse fortunately I travel with an ionizer otherwise I would have left.

The AC was hard to regulate as they don't have thermostats.

I am being generous with a 2 star but the bed was comfortable and didn't see any bugs. Plus the breakfast was normal for a hot breakfast and tasted pretty good and the TV, Internet worked fine, the fridge and microwave were clean and new.

The elevator is located in a small hallway off the main hallway and it made it difficult to maneuver it luggage cart.

We booked this hotel during the "special reduced rates" and it definitely is not worth the regular room rate.

Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Amber Thomas O
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We were in the area touring UK and usually stay in a Comfort Suites. We will never stay at this one again. The layout is not good first of all, lots of dark hallways, even the elevator is in an odd place, looks like a hotel room door. The ice machine is only on the first floor. The desk clerk was very nice. The pool area was in desperate need of a good cleaning. The hot tub looked really dirty, did not even use it. Breakfast was awful. The cook left and the desk clerk that morning was having to do both jobs, so we did not get to even have breakfast that morning. It was all empty and we could not wait to get out of there because there were workers that kept knocking on our door to get in to clean the carpets. It was really loud machinery and so were the men that was running the equipment. I would not recommend this hotel, if in Lexington stay somewhere else. I also had a safe charge that I just thought of. I will be calling to have them take it back off.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stayed for 1 night before flight out the next morning. From the outside does not look bad once inside it was not up to standards. Would not stay here again. Felt it was dirty and needs a complete overhaul. The elevator was through what looked like a room door. The hallways were not clean wish we had checked room before checking in would have went elsewhere. The neighborhood itself is very nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2013

As a volunteer planner of group travel for our church and other seniors, we will never again try Comfort Suites! In over 10 years of planning trips, this is the only occasion we have come to where they only had 8 of the 23 requested rooms--and a rooming list had been received and confirmed with their sales manager--so either they need new reservation guidelines or a new sales manager!!

Room Tip: Can't really attest to any of the rooms as they didn't have any to give us! We did end up...
Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My first experience at the Comfort Suites will definitely bring me back. My room was comfortable and clean, all the amenities were there (some hotels like to give you 4 packages of decaf for in-room coffee, CS had 2 of each), great shower, quiet, etc. They even had "Grab n Go" bags for guests who didn't have time to take advantage of the hotels pretty-good breakfast - fruit, a granola bar, bottled water - even a napkin and mints!

The hotel may be a bit hard to find for folks new to Lexington, but that's the only down-side I can think of.

Room Tip: I had a 4th floor room close to the main road the hotel serves and it still wasn't noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I have stayed here 3 or 4 times and been very pleased each time.
Room is very comfy, clean and spacious. Love the fridge and microwave and having a place to store snacks and drinks in the cabinet.
Always quiet. Easy in and out.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple