“Great Value!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #43 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Got this through Priceline bidding at $35 before taxes and fees. Clean rooms, free fruit and hot chocolate, and great free breakfast. Was surprised at the size of the room with mini-fridge, desk, and couch. Wish there were two queens (or even one) instead of two doubles, but can't complain. Didn't expect much for the price but was pleasantly surprised.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg T

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Clean room, hot water, quiet for being so close to major road, restaurants, and homes and no smoke smell. Friendly people working there and a great full breakfast! Will certainly stay there again! Good value.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Well, it was okay except when I turned on the air conditioner, it spewed out huge black chunks of something all over the white bedspread. So, i swept it off and thought, maybe it hasn't been used in some time. the next morning, there was another huge spew of black chunks all over the white bedspread. And, the shower wouldn't drain, so i lifted the screw in plug, to discover about 6 months worth of hair, shampoo and soap stuff which was keeping the shower from draining. Yuk! The bed and pillows where top notch! Breakfast was

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed Oct 28, 2013 for 1 night in rooms 306/308 and after the reviews I was concerned and I totally agree with "it needs a good cleaning", the grout was nasty and their was dust on the tile and on the vent in the bathroom, so it appears that they don't "spend a lot of time" cleaning.

But I decided to give it a try because I was getting 30% off the rate through Choice Hotels, otherwise the rate was would have been too high these rooms.

The hallway smelt a bit stale but once in the room it was alright and the bed was very comfortable. The closet door was really hard to open which resulted in the knob becoming very loose.

There are no thermostats in the room so you have to be "cold or warm" which the old fashion AC's. The TV, Fridge and Microwave appeared to be new. Its a good sized room and it has a table and 2 chairs and a sofa with table.

I was also asked to "sign the safe fee" block and I told the clerk that I wouldn't be using it and they removed the fee. They really should have the "block read" if you wish to use the safe please sign here and acknowledge the fee" rather than "deceptively" trying to put the charge on your bill.

It is "off the beaten path" but once you get to the hotel, there's plenty of places to eat and shop if needed.

The breakfast was rather typical for Comfort Suites and tasted fine, although I was surprised that there were no biscuits and gravy, I asked the attendant and she brought some hot biscuits out to go with the eggs and sausage.

The desk staff was friendly and the dining staff accommodating.

However, while I was eating an "ant" found its way on to my plate and that ruined my breakfast and I was ready to leave at that point.

Room Tip: Bring some air freshener and your socks will get dirty!
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I booked this room through Priceline without reading the TripAdvisor reviews (!) but was really worried upon reading them. However, we felt the hotel was just fine. It is definitely hidden away but is near lots of food options and even next door to the public library! :) The reception area is small but the staff is welcoming and friendly. My niece swam in the pool and we felt it was clean and inviting--plenty of clean, fluffy towels poolside as well.
The room was spacious and we had no troubles with it. There was a crack down the middle of the bathroom sink but it didn't leak -- just made the bathroom seem older.
We also had the "safe usage" charge added to our bill but requested that they take it off right from the beginning and they did so.
The breakfast was good. My favorite was fruit/yogurt parfaits in the fridge, not just the standard packaged yogurt. There was also hot eggs and sausage available in addition to the regular food items normally offered at these breakfasts.
I gave it three stars just because it wasn't outstanding but it was fine, especially at the Priceline price we paid. It is very conveniently located on Highway 68 if you are headed to Asbury University or Theological Seminary. We would definitely consider a stay here again.

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

We've stayed at Comfort Suites all over and this one is a real disappointment!

After a very long driving day we were greeted by a nice young man and he gave me the info to sign. However he asked me "check" a block acknowledging that "I would have to pay for safe usage". But if I didn't use it then I could tell them upon check out and they would remove the fee.

Well in my opinion that is very deceptive practices because if I had forgotten then I would have been charged the fee. I have never been subjected to any such fees with Comfort Suites!

Additionally this place needs a refurb big time and it's only surface cleaning done. There was mildew around the grout and dust around the floor tile in the bathroom. The fan sounded like a jet engine in room 316 but was alright in 318.

We took off our shoes and within a few minutes our socks were dirty.

We wanted a non-smoking room and we were placed on the 3rd floor, we had 2 rooms 316/318 and the hall was stale smelling. The room was worse fortunately I travel with an ionizer otherwise I would have left.

The AC was hard to regulate as they don't have thermostats.

I am being generous with a 2 star but the bed was comfortable and didn't see any bugs. Plus the breakfast was normal for a hot breakfast and tasted pretty good and the TV, Internet worked fine, the fridge and microwave were clean and new.

The elevator is located in a small hallway off the main hallway and it made it difficult to maneuver it luggage cart.

We booked this hotel during the "special reduced rates" and it definitely is not worth the regular room rate.

Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Amber Thomas O
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We were in the area touring UK and usually stay in a Comfort Suites. We will never stay at this one again. The layout is not good first of all, lots of dark hallways, even the elevator is in an odd place, looks like a hotel room door. The ice machine is only on the first floor. The desk clerk was very nice. The pool area was in desperate need of a good cleaning. The hot tub looked really dirty, did not even use it. Breakfast was awful. The cook left and the desk clerk that morning was having to do both jobs, so we did not get to even have breakfast that morning. It was all empty and we could not wait to get out of there because there were workers that kept knocking on our door to get in to clean the carpets. It was really loud machinery and so were the men that was running the equipment. I would not recommend this hotel, if in Lexington stay somewhere else. I also had a safe charge that I just thought of. I will be calling to have them take it back off.