“Not so good”

Ranked #48 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Wheaton
“Not so good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

First non-smoking room smelled heavily of smoke. Second room was much better. Key cards did not work well. Had to ask for new one. Breakfast was
typical comfort inn food - hot foods included sausage, eggs, waffles,fruit, juices, etc. Room was clean, bed comfortable. fair value for the money.

Room Tip: Always check your room immediately upon entering.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

We loved staying here .. the room was very clean, the front desk very helpful, the bed was comfortable, just overall a very nice place to stay. Nice breakfast, coffee, refrig, microwave in room, enclosed heated pool, fitness center . You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

I just needed a place to crash while attending the Seige of Boonesborough. The Hotel is pretty basic but the room was clean and quiet. I didn't hear the interstate. If you are wanting extras go somewhere else but if on a budget and quick stay then I recommend. The price is very reasonable and the front desk was helpful. Internet worked good in the room.

Room Tip: get a room on second or top floor, nice setting area besides the pool
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank GPS-RDLee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I travel a lot and have generally found the Comfort Inns a good value. This one was a huge exception. First of all the hotel is located away from any convenient restaurants other than a Wendy's. It is also tucked behind an Econolodge and next to a massive communications tower. The key card did not work and rather than reprogram the card the front desk attendant had to come to our room and check for herself. Her excuse is that sometimes you need to jiggle the handle. Really?
The new cards were issued and we checked into our non smoking room which had a cigarette burn in the carpet and the distinct lingering odor of cigarettes. The final straw was the fact that the room did not receive a wifi signal. Again the front desk was not very helpful claiming I was not logging on correctly. Funny how the signal was fine in the lobby.
Definitely will skip this hotel on our I75 treks.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fran M
mo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Good Rate! Room was clean. Plenty of towels and pillows. Breakfast was average. Ice machine worked off and on. Front desk was very helpful when keys wouldn't work and helped with directions. Kids liked pool. Easy access to highway. Strip club next door didn't bother us or seem to create issues. Gas station next door was convenient.

Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

The only reason this did not get a terrible rating is because of the rate that we paid. But having said that, we should have known that we would be getting what we paid for. We stayed here because we were making better than expected time on our drive down to FL and decided to push it another hour past the hotel we had initially booked. We stayed here because it had a pool for our daughter, breakfast was included, and it was right off of the I-75. The first thing we noticed was the strong smell of cigarette smoke where you catch the elevators. We were on a non-smoking floor, but the smoking floor was the first floor where all non-smokers must walk through to get to the elevators and pool area. This was very poor planning on this hotel management's part. My daughter was plugging her nose every time we had to go to our car or the pool. A smoking section should be located where non-smokers will not have to pass. Too late now though as they'd have to gut the place to get rid of that smell! The rooms were clean enough, but we had the same trouble as the reviewer below where our keys didn't work at times. Good thing we always had both keys on us because it seemed when one didn't work the other one did. The service did not even come with a smile. I tried to joke with the front desk lady when we were checking in and it went ignored. Then when my husband went to get pool towels, the service did not come with a smile. The breakfast was gross. Simply put, gross. We have stayed at many Comfort Suites and have been satisfied with the continental breakfast. It's never anything to write home about, but it fills us up. This time the biscuits were rock hard and dry, the selection was very poor, and the coffee was bad. My daughter and I made due, but my husband ended up buying breakfast on the road. After reading my review you're probably wondering why I didn't rate it terrible. Like I said before, this hotel is priced with all of these things in mind I'm sure. Thankfully we were only there for a very short overnight stay before hitting the road again. We have learned our lesson. If the hotel is just over $60 with taxes and breakfast included, you're getting $60 quality. We'll stick to our more trusted brands at a slightly higher price for our next road trip...but maybe this is priced to accommodate the patrons of the neighbouring strip club...sad thought, but probably not far off the mark.

1 Thank TOAdventureGirl
Elyria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Like I said, the card keys worked only sporadically, and other guests had the same issues and would open the parking lot doors for each other. Too bad the staff wasn't that helpful. To get to the non-smoking rooms we had to pass through a first floor hallway that reeked of cigarette smoke and something I couldn't (and don't want to) identify, with carpets that were stained worse than some abandoned buildings I've seen. I told the kids to stay off one of the chairs because it had what appeared to be a dried clump of vomit on it. The staff never answered the phone to get that complaint call. Then the internet didn't work. It took 4 calls to the desk before anyone answered. Their solution was to tell me "Try again in 5 minutes." At check in we were told breakfast was served 'til 10 am. When we arrived at the breakfast area at 9:45 we were told they finished at 9:30, then glared at as we let the kids get cereal and danishes anyway. The kids wanted eggs and sausage but who knows how long that stuff sat in a dirty turned off warming tray. Thankfully they passed on the Orange Juice since I saw nasty black mold growing on the juice dispenser! Even after a long drive I should have just told the kids to get back in the car and kept driving. This place is so disgusting that the strip club next door adds some much needed ambiance and respectability. I wish that was a joke. The only reason I'm giving this place 1 star is that there isn't an option to rate it lower. The next time I have to stay in Lexington, if this is the only place available I'll sleep in my car instead.

Room Tip: To get a good room book somewhere, anywhere else.
1 Thank Eric G