“July 14, 2013 review”

Ranked #48 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Greenville, South Carolina
“July 14, 2013 review”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

We arrived at the hotel after driving 445 miles. My grandchildren were looking forward to swimming in the indoor heated pool. We had requested a first floor room which turned out to be on the second floor as the hotel was situated on a hill. When my grandchildren and I checked out the pool, we were very disappointed. It was nasty with broken furniture, windows, and patio doors. The water was very cold and full of dead bugs and the building was full of flies. The patio outside was loaded with broken chairs and the area itself was very dirty. A family of four came to use the pool and had driven up to the hotel and parked out back. This family accessed the pool area as the fence around the patio was not secure and needed repairs. I don't know if one of the adults was an employee or not but I felt uncomfortable. My grandchildren and I left the pool area and headed back to our room. The trip back to our room involved being in the first floor hallway and elevator. This was bad as smoking was allowed on the first floor and the hallways smelled really bad as did the elevator. Overall, we felt this hotel should not be a Choice Hotel, and we would not stay here again. I called this hotel in September 2013 and was told that the hotel has been refurbished. I do not know if this included the pool area but the entire hotel is now non-smoking.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Sterling Heights, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Arrived at 6pm and found the parking lot and lobby full of people seeking rooms for night. Only one clerk on duty and she was dealing with a myriad of problems. Room keys did not work and people wanting to cancel reservations. Clerk told me she had no rooms due to local events. However, she did have two rooms available due to cancellations and would give me one if she could resolve unspecified computer problems. I asked for a discount based on a coupon I picked up at the KY welcome center but was told no discounts available because of special events that week end. Since I needed a room I decided not to pursue the matter. The clerk tried her best and aologized for inconvenience. My lesson? Make sure you call ahead and make sure you have a reservation on football weekends in SEC country. Third time I have stayed here and will probably give them a pass this time because the clerk tried her best to accomodate her guests. Owner should ensure there is more help on a busy week end.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the Alabama-Kentucky game. Originally stayed one of our three nights in room 206 until the air conditioning and commode stopped working. The day staff moved us to room 208 for the remainder of our stay. This hotel is 7 miles from the university and is located near I-75. Some folks have complained about the location but we didn't mind the communications tower nor the strip joint!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Wheaton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

First non-smoking room smelled heavily of smoke. Second room was much better. Key cards did not work well. Had to ask for new one. Breakfast was
typical comfort inn food - hot foods included sausage, eggs, waffles,fruit, juices, etc. Room was clean, bed comfortable. fair value for the money.

Room Tip: Always check your room immediately upon entering.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

We loved staying here .. the room was very clean, the front desk very helpful, the bed was comfortable, just overall a very nice place to stay. Nice breakfast, coffee, refrig, microwave in room, enclosed heated pool, fitness center . You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

I just needed a place to crash while attending the Seige of Boonesborough. The Hotel is pretty basic but the room was clean and quiet. I didn't hear the interstate. If you are wanting extras go somewhere else but if on a budget and quick stay then I recommend. The price is very reasonable and the front desk was helpful. Internet worked good in the room.

Room Tip: get a room on second or top floor, nice setting area besides the pool
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank GPS-RDLee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I travel a lot and have generally found the Comfort Inns a good value. This one was a huge exception. First of all the hotel is located away from any convenient restaurants other than a Wendy's. It is also tucked behind an Econolodge and next to a massive communications tower. The key card did not work and rather than reprogram the card the front desk attendant had to come to our room and check for herself. Her excuse is that sometimes you need to jiggle the handle. Really?
The new cards were issued and we checked into our non smoking room which had a cigarette burn in the carpet and the distinct lingering odor of cigarettes. The final straw was the fact that the room did not receive a wifi signal. Again the front desk was not very helpful claiming I was not logging on correctly. Funny how the signal was fine in the lobby.
Definitely will skip this hotel on our I75 treks.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple