“Great stay for an overnight trip!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #46 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Lexington, Kentucky
“Great stay for an overnight trip!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Don't let the outside appearance discourage you! The room was nice and clean. The beds were comfortable. Breakfast was decent. The staff was great and accommodating. It is an older hotel but the prices are reasonable .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brittany G
Harish P, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 4 November 2014
Thank you so much for staying at Comfort Inn here in Lexington. Our hotel has just completed with newly redone rooms and new bathrooms with new vanity. I am pleased that your stay was great with us. We look forward to having you return and enjoy the new look with our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Berea, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The desk clerk spent most of her time while checking me in on the phone gossiping to somebody. It was a second floor room as far away from the elevators as possible through another door. The beds were too high for me to safely get in. The chair and sofa were rickety as well. She said there was not a way to switch out rooms or do anything about it. Also she didn't give me the code to get on-line while we were there which is minor, but will potentially be a concern for someone who is not handicapped.

The maid service took the towels from our first night, but did not replace them. I asked for towels and got them immediately from a different desk clerk. I fell 3 times during my stay there. When I told the clerk at check-out my concerns, he asked why I hadn't come to him before. I was led to believe there was nothing to be done.

Falling and getting rug burn in the process, does not make a pleasant stay. I wish I had gotten the second clerk first, maybe it would have been different. They have a couple of handicapped rooms on the first floor, so maybe it was more of a personnel issue vs. a room issue. I don't know, because I wasn't put in a room that was workable for me.

Cleanliness issue: There was conditioner on the bath rack from the previous occupant, and also an un-flushed toilet.

Room Tip: Before booking, make sure that they can accommodate any special needs. Call first before coming.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KYTravelingMama
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My wife and I were in Lexington to visit family and only planned to spend one night at the Comfort Inn on 4/21/14. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. My wife is not easy to please when it comes to hotel stays but she was pleasantly surprised by the fresh smell of the room. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. When she is happy, I am really happy! The next morning after a good sleep, we had a really good breakfast with several items to choose from. We were impressed enough to reserve the room a second night. The morning staff was just as warm and friendly as the afternoon staff. When we are in the area again we will choose this hotel. Oh, the price impressed too!

Room Tip: Top floor. Very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Harish P, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 7 November 2014
Thank you so much for you recent stay with us. I am so pleased that your room was clean and comfortable and such a great value. We try to make sure that your day starts out with a great breakfast. Our hotel is just went through a complete renovation with new carpet, new beds, with large vanity. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Lexington and staying with us.
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I would have probably been able to overlook the cosmetic issues, if the front desk staff had been professional and courteous. My room was clean, quiet, and comfortable but in need of cosmetic repair. I was also a bit concerned that I had to drive past a "Gentlemen's Club" with a packed parking lot to get to the hotel.

On my arrival, both clerks were sprawled out on the furniture in the lobby area. Neither offered any type of warm greeting. I was literally asked "You got reservations" and only after I said yes did either of them make any effort to get up. About the same time, another guest came to the front desk as she was having issues with her room key. The older clerk disappeared into the back and never returned. The other guests had to wait until I was entirely checked in before receiving service. I was also appalled that my room number was announced out loud for the other guest to know where I'd be staying. The clerk also made it very clear that she was not happy that I may no longer be staying the full length of my initial reservation of 2 nights versus one!!

While the beds were comfortable and the room was quiet and clean, there were huge, old stains in the carpet, cracked tiles in the bathroom, and chipped/crack paint on the walls. In addition, the sofa in the room was so worn out, stained, torn, and lumpy in appearance, I am doubtful that even Good Will would offer it for resale.

This Comfort Inn needs the most cosmetic work and staff professional training of any Comfort Inn I've ever visited. If this had been my first visit to this chain, I am very doubtful I would choose to stay at a Comfort Inn again in the future. This hotel would have to be MUCH cheaper than it's competitors for me to even consider choosing it again in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FleetingBeauty83
Harish P, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 7 November 2014
I would first like to apologize for all the issues that you had with your check in and recent stay with us. It is our main goal to make sure that you are number one with us and that was not the case. I will be speak with my staff and make sure that this is something that wont happen again for you or any of our guest. Our hotel has just been through a complete renovation and we have fixed all the issues that you have had with your stay. I hope that you will please come back and see all the new things that we have done to improve our hotel and give us a chance to make things right.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I read previous reviews on this hotel and was willing to overlook cosmetic complaints. What we experienced was beyond that. We, my soon to be college freshman and myself"mom" were into our 2nd night when at 2:20 in the morning while we were sound asleep we heard the key slide into the lock and the door open, thankfully we had the chain on the door. my daughter and I both were very freaked out by this. I jumped up and relocked the door. After that I was about to call the front desk and discovered that the phone had no power chord running to the phone or to the wall. I spoke to the woman at the desk and she told me a man was on duty over night and asked why what happened.Why does something happen often when he works? I asked for the hotel mgr. to call me, which he tried but we have never connected yet. He keeps very short hours at the hotel. They did credit me back for 1 night, but that is not what I asked for. I wanted answers. What if we did not have the chain on the door? The Do Not Disturb sign was on door and it was rented so why would someone be trying to get in. You make your own mind up about this hotel, but for us we will never be back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jan G
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We arrived at the hotel after driving 445 miles. My grandchildren were looking forward to swimming in the indoor heated pool. We had requested a first floor room which turned out to be on the second floor as the hotel was situated on a hill. When my grandchildren and I checked out the pool, we were very disappointed. It was nasty with broken furniture, windows, and patio doors. The water was very cold and full of dead bugs and the building was full of flies. The patio outside was loaded with broken chairs and the area itself was very dirty. A family of four came to use the pool and had driven up to the hotel and parked out back. This family accessed the pool area as the fence around the patio was not secure and needed repairs. I don't know if one of the adults was an employee or not but I felt uncomfortable. My grandchildren and I left the pool area and headed back to our room. The trip back to our room involved being in the first floor hallway and elevator. This was bad as smoking was allowed on the first floor and the hallways smelled really bad as did the elevator. Overall, we felt this hotel should not be a Choice Hotel, and we would not stay here again. I called this hotel in September 2013 and was told that the hotel has been refurbished. I do not know if this included the pool area but the entire hotel is now non-smoking.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Arrived at 6pm and found the parking lot and lobby full of people seeking rooms for night. Only one clerk on duty and she was dealing with a myriad of problems. Room keys did not work and people wanting to cancel reservations. Clerk told me she had no rooms due to local events. However, she did have two rooms available due to cancellations and would give me one if she could resolve unspecified computer problems. I asked for a discount based on a coupon I picked up at the KY welcome center but was told no discounts available because of special events that week end. Since I needed a room I decided not to pursue the matter. The clerk tried her best and aologized for inconvenience. My lesson? Make sure you call ahead and make sure you have a reservation on football weekends in SEC country. Third time I have stayed here and will probably give them a pass this time because the clerk tried her best to accomodate her guests. Owner should ensure there is more help on a busy week end.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family