“A great home away from home”

Crossland Economy Studios - Lexington - Patchen Village
Ranked #62 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I have been a guest at this location for the past 10 months with my crew. The staff and management here are the best in hospitality. Always greeted with a smile and eager to assist you with your stay or just finding your way around town. Although the hotel has some age on it the rooms are clean and well kept. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone loooking for a quiet place to call home while traveling. I'd say it is the best kept secret in Lexington, KY! Della...keep on doing what you do...it works!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Mike B
Joe O, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Lexington - Patchen Village, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Thank you for your review. The hotel staff work hard to provide the best stay possible and create a "Home away from Home". Thank you again and come back.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

this hotel is amazing. good location to reasturants and shopping. the room was clean and it smelled real good. a frigerator is provided with all ammenties. all of the workers there are super nice.got extra towels with no problem. would recommond this hotel to anyone. i will be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Belinda T
Joe O, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Lexington - Patchen Village, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Thank you for your posting. GREAT service is what the staff at Lexington Patchen Village strive to provide with clean rooms and smiles plus a convenience location. The well equipped kitchen really works out well when you stay for a week or more. Thank you again and come back and see us next time you are in town.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

We were scheduled to stay at this hotel for one week,we could only stand it for 3 hrs.the rooms were filthy. The seats to sit on were stained to the point we put towels on them to sit. the wall paper in the shower was peeling off one look behind it revealed large amounts of black mold.Crayon scibling all over the door. Floors were filthy.carpet was stained.Th entire building smelled of cigarette smoke. It is a wonder the health department hasnt shut them down. the absolute worst hotel we have ever been to.

1  Thank jeff l

Thank you for posting your review. I regret that the room did not meet the standards that I and the company expect. The managers are reviewing how this happened and the room is being repaired now. I hope when you are in Lexington again that you will stay at Extended Stay America.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

WE were here for a medical emergency and Della made us feel right at home very caring, accomodating and helpful,the staff was also very friendly and helpful,they made us feel right at home ,everything was conveniently located and we will never stay anywhere but EXTENDED STAY AMERICA.PACHEN VILLAGE. THANK ALL OF YOU FOR EVERYTHING .YOU ARE THE BEST.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Joe O, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Lexington - Patchen Village, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2012

Thank you for posting your review. Della does a great job and makes all her guests feel like they are family. Hope to see you on your next visit to Lexington.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

My experience here was beyond my expectations, The management and Staff team here has helped make my stay as comfortable as possible by taking care of all my needs. If I was to ever come back to the area again in the future, I would come back here again for sure. The location is great being so close to many stores and restraunts within walking distance. I have had a home away from home experience even though my expectations are quite higher than most people they took care of all those needs. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone coming to Lexington.

Room Tip: If your a Non smoker don't accept any rooms from the first floor and park in the front so you do...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for posting your review. Home away from Home experience is what we like to hear. Come on back and stay again when you are in Lexington. Thank you again!!

Reviewed 11 October 2012

This property is professionally run and managed with the needs and comfort of the guest foremost in the mind of the staff. Everyone here is so kind and really make for a home away from home experience. The room is comfortable, the location is convenient ( I counted 31 restaurants, 2 grocery stores, a department store, movie theater, etc. all within walking distance), the internet is reliable and the property is quiet. What more could a long term business traveler want at a great price? Kudos to all, I will stay again and again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Glad to hear from you and thank you for posting your review. Great Room + Great People + Great Location + Great Price = Great Value. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 30 August 2012 via mobile

I was given a good deal to try this hotel. I
A great rate usually helps me excuse minor issues. This place is beyond minor problems. It was not worth the low price.

The young lady at the front desk was very friendly and informative. That is about the most positive thing I can say about this place.

My room was non smoking. The smell of smoke was overwhelmly strong. I told the girl at the front desk and she said she would spray to get rid of the smell. She said the smoking rooms are all on the first floor.

The spray helped for about 5 minutes. The A/C which is 2 feet from the bed, pulled the smoke from the smoking rooms below into the room.in the bathroom the smoke smell was horrible. It was so bad I asked for a different room. (changing rooms is very rare for me to do). Again, the girl at the front desk was very understanding and quick about helping me.

My next room was on the top floor. There was not the smell of smoke in this room. Overall my 2nd room was cleaner except the floor felt and sounded sticky. I kept my flip flops on unless I was on the bed.

The freezer had an odd gooey orange streak in it. The TV worked but the remote did not work. The stains on the carpet and chips in the furniture are lack of updating and maintance. The floors, refrigerator etc are lack of basic housekeeping.

• Stayed: August 2012
Manager_11525, Owner at Crossland Economy Studios - Lexington - Patchen Village, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

I recently received a copy of your review about our hotel. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our Front Desk staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is affected by those who choose to smoke. I apologize for this inconvenience and have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

As well, our housekeeping staff works hard to provide clean rooms for our guests to enjoy. The company has high standards for them, which includes cleaning the room every 7-days, or in between should a guest request it for a minimal fee, and after a guest checks out of the hotel. Then a Manager is expected to inspect each room, thus ensuring it has been left cleaner than when the last guest checked in. It seems that this did not happen in your case, and for that I apologize.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.