“Location,Location,Location!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Tallahassee
“Location,Location,Location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

Great basic hotel within a 5 Min drive of everything you need. (Think 20 choices of food / drink).(OK 7 min to a movie theater). And 1 Block from the road that takes you to the airport. (Man 'O War Blvd is LEX's equivicacal of ATL's I-285). Friendly staff , with local knowlege,and helpfull to the 1st time visitor.( The recommended tourist site was the horse training facility which was like Ocala on steriods). The hallways smell like recent painting and rooms have numbers done in paper ,( YEAH and the pool is closed because tonight's low is 25 degrees.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank xtc663

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Jackson, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

This hotel has quiet rooms even though it close to several gas stations and a truck stop. They are pet friendly for a modest fee and the rooms are very comfortable. The staff is very friendly too. The complimentary breakfast is better than most and there are several places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ToughOlBird
Butler, TN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

I has previously stayed at this hotel several years ago and I must say it has really gone downhill. Last stay at the end of January was the last time I will stay at this hotel. The room (104) had the "oversprayed deoderizer" odor wafting in the air as you entered. The bed coverings reeked with the spray. Anytime you turned the heating unit on (if you could get it on) the odor would take your breath away. The heating/ac had been permeated with that stuff. First attempt to close the restroom pocketdoor, the whole pulling unit came off in your hand. It had been this way for some time-- you could see how others had pushed it back onto the door and no screws to hold or nothing to hold a screw since that had been ripped out as well. We requested to move to and were given keys to a room (110) several doors down the corridor. Just opening the door you could tell this room needed a good cleaning and a bit of updating. Decided to just deal with the problems in the first room assigned. There was no dial on the heating unit but someone had drawn permanent marker lines where the different modes were supposed to be. Get the unit on, couldn't turn it off. When it was on, you couldn't breathe in the room from the odor. The refrigerator hummed so loudly we just had to turn it off as well. Breakfast -- not much choice and biscuits were served ice cold. Not sure where that nice hot breakfast buffet mentioned in other reviews happened, but perhaps they only do that on weekend dates. On departure day, around 9:30a we received a call from the front desk asking which room we were in. The person that had checked us in the late afternoon before and issued us door keys to the second room, had inadvertently left us as checked into the second room. What a nice surprise that would have been if they had checked someone else into the first room that we actually occupied that night! When I checked out I handed the front desk staff the hardware for the bathroom door and told them that was the piece I had notified them about, and perhaps someone should fix it. I did tell the front desk staff that I felt the rooms needed cleaning especially the filters in the heating/ac units and some maintenance performed on their room. They said they were sorry but no compensation was offered for our troubles whatsoever. Really wasted my hard earned points for a stay at this hotel. I felt really cheated in deciding to stay at this hotel, since I had used my hard earned points (rewards they call them) to stay. My suggestion, sleep elsewhere!

Room Tip: All rooms at this hotel have double beds or kings --not queens
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Wataugagal
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this Sleep Inn several times. A great room for a great price, especially if your a member of Ky Farm Bureau! Around Sleep Inn and across the road (4 lanes) there is some great shopping and eating! Always a clean hotel with friendly staff! Check out is noon, which is perfect for lazy bums like me!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank girlwhotravels1121
MTorok82, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey. We make every effort to provide excellent customer service. Your responses allow us to address any issues, concerns or suggestions you may provide us. We look forward to your return and another great experience with your Sleep Inn staff.

Melody Torok
Director of Operations
Sleep Inn Lexington
1920 Plaudit Pl.
Lexington, Ky. 40509
859-543-8400
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

Sleep Inn of Lexington provides us with convenient clean comfortable room at a very reasonable price. The staff is very profresionnal and the overall facility in good shape. Very convenient parking and located close to restaurants and shops and gas stations and expressway.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Victor C
DevonH098, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
Dear Victor C:

The Sleep Inn of Lexington is very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff takes pride in their work and it shows. I will let everyone on our staff know of your compliments. We enjoy taking care of our guest and thank you for being our customer. We look forward to hosting you and your family the next time you’re in Lexington, KY.
Cornelius, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

The staff was friendly, just as we've come to expect at Sleep Inn hotels. The room was..adequate, with minor but noticeable wear on the fridge and light switches in the bathroom. One major noticeable event happening around the inside of the hotel was that it's under construction. Understandable, and it will be nice once it's done. However, on Friday night, with no construction guys in sight, shouldn't someone from the staff vacuum up the little pieces of drywall or paintchips all over the steps and in the hallway? There were also slightly bigger strips of.. I guess wallpaper laying on the 2nd floor landing. These are oversights which, even when taking being under construction into consideration, would keep me from giving it a full 5 rating. I would, however, be willing to return if in the area again and hopefully have a better experience after the remodel.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank R G B
We're happy to hear that your expectations were met on your stay with us at the Sleep Inn of Lexington. Your understanding of the remodel is very much appreciated and thanks for your feedback. We’re all excited about bringing the Designed to Dream look to the Sleep Inn, and your right it’s going to look great!
Thank you for your business and for being a loyal customer to choice hotels international.
Gallatin, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012

Our second time here, since our first time was unpleasant, we received a voucher in the mail from Sleep Inn for a free night at the location in Lexington, Ky. Since we had to pick up our grandson in Danville, Ky. it would be nice to stay in Lexington. So, we thought we would use our free night. We arrived at the Sleep Inn, presented the voucher to the desk attendance, immedately I was informed I could not use this by just walking in I had to call ahead. I also had the letter that was given to me my a representative from the Sleep Inn management. The desk attendances hand to make a couple of calls before I could use the voucher. So, I waited, I guess what really get to me is, during this whole time of talking with the desk attendances and in their conversations on the telephone and in talking between them, never once was I addressed with my personel name, it was always "HE" or "A WALK-IN" never as Mr.. Finally after ten or more minutes it was ok to use voucher. When I ask for double beds, they said they didn't have any!!! Usually, other choices would be given to a customer, but none, here, who knows it they had roll away beds, I was given the choice. GOODBYE SLEEP INN and Choice Privileges Who wants to be treated like, wonder if your other hotels and Inn under Choice Privileges are trained and ran like this?

Room Tip: Better call ahead!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Terry L T
DevonH098, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
The Sleep Inn of Lexington, Kentucky would like to thank you for your business; we are not content with your experience being unsatisfactory. Thank you for your feedback, it helps us in many ways and allows us to be better service providers. You are a valued customer and you’re appreciated as Choice Privileges member.