Sleep Inn
US$133
Hilton Garden Inn Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$194
US$170
US$180
US$162
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$114
Candlewood Suites Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$92
Travelocity
Hyatt Place Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$239
US$204
  • Pool
US$174
HIExpress.com
All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesman o warrestaurants and shoppingqueen roomhamburg areasmoke smellfree hot breakfastwithin walking distancedirect tvelectrical outletslocation is greatwould stay here againwalk in showerbiscuits gravylittle thingsdesk clerk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 February 2010

One big problem I had with this hotel was the shower stalls offered very odd bathing conditions for me personally. I about cut my hand on the top of the shower door trying to hold on as I bent over in the stall tryin gto hold myself from falling or slipping. Housekeeper provided excellent service but spoke no English that I could find understandable. Ice machine put out ice with dirt specks in the ice so useless for trying to add to a drink. Breakfast was ok , but the gravy was so thin I could have used a straw to drink it. the biscuits were cold as well. No kind of meat offered on breakfast bar. No eggs either. Waffles stuck due to no spray, never seen no spray put out before. No premium cable channels as advertised. NO HBO. Water was always hot in bath areas. Light switches in terrible locations in room. No thought put into their placement obviously. No top cover for bedding. Bedding was ok, not great. The cheap, cheap no frills hotel one road over is less expensive and just as nice for the money, and they have meat and eggs for breakfast. Parking was also an issue, the lot is too small for bigger, full size vehicles to utilize the spots easily.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2009

We stayed here for a week for work. My room was VERY tiny. It was a non-smoking room, but was on a smoking floor, so the room and hallway reeked of smoke. The front desk staff was very nice, has a decent Continental Breakfast. If I was traveling on my own I would prefer something a little nicer and smoke-free. Close to tons of restaurants within walking distance. Would also have been better if it had a fitness center, or at least a treadmill. Also, several nights we returned late and the parking lot was full, so we had to park on the road behind the hotel and walk down the steep hill. They also allow pets, so I listened to a dog yapping most of the night and found a pile of dog feces in the hallway the next morning.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2009

I have stayed here twice. This hotel is VERY easy to get to from I-75. The rooms are VERY clean, but VERY basic, but the price is also 20 to 50 bucks less than other places. The rooms have a nice large shower stall, but no bathtub. Also, the sink/vanity is not "inside" the bathroom, it is just outside the door of the "bathroom". There were plenty of towels in the room and also poolside. I stayed on the first floor both times and did not have a problem with noise.
The breakfast is ok. They have coffee, juice, and milk to drink. Food options are: waffles, biscuits/gravy, pastries, cinnamon rolls, toast, bagels, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal etc. Not any real protein options.
The staff was friendly and check in/out was quick and painless. I would stay here again.
This hotel is close to TONS of restaurant choices. Pretty much any kind of food you can imagine is within 5 min. drive time and there is an outback steakhouse within walking distance. Also, KFC, mcdonald's, arby's across street. Waffle house is next door.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2009

A better than average Sleep Inn that had a recently painted/refurbished appearance. Check in was quick and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2008

Just got back from a 3 night stay at the Sleep Inn, Plaudit Place. The hotel itself is decent. Though it's not grand, it is modern, relatively clean, close to lots of shopping, restaurants, and the interstate, and even though they were doing some construction, fairly quiet. My biggest complaint is the attitude of the staff while we were there. The Sleep Inn policy clearly states 100% satisfaction guaranteed, but it's evidently not put into practice. There was something wrong with the tank mechanism of our toilet, and the water would not fill the tank when flushed. We had to keep the lid off the tank the whole time we were there so we could "jiggle" the mechanism inside the tank to allow the tank to fill with water. Talk about aggravating! I reported it to the front desk and was told they'd get it fixed, but they never did, despite the fact that for 2 days in a row we left our room in the morning and didn't return until the evening. They had plenty of time to do something! When I mentioned it upon checkout, the woman behind the desk just told me I should have asked for another room. Hello??!! They told me they would get it fixed and I believed them...why would I have asked for another room? The other complaint is the fact that we were skipped over for maid service on Saturday. We didn't find this out until we returned mid-Saturday evening. Upon calling the front desk, someone from housekeeping brought us a bag of towels, shampoo and soap, got our trash after I requested it be emptied, and left. They didn't take the dirty towels, didn't leave coffee and cups for our coffeemaker, a liner for the ice bucket, etc. All in all, for the price you pay, better service should be included. I was not satisfied, but yet not offered any compensation by Sleep Inn for their poor service when I complained upon checkout. I'm pretty sure we'll NOT be staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
MTorok82, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

First off I would like to sincerly apologize for the issues you faced while staying at our hotel. We are just recently able to respond to the reviews through tripadvisor so this is the first time I'm seeing this review. I would like to assure you that the attitude you experienced from our desk staff is NOT typical of our hotel. We take pride in how we treat each and every guest who stays with us, and the fact that you were treated poorly is unacceptable. If you would be willing to give us another chance, I would like to personally welcome you back to the hotel by offering you a discount. Please contact me personally and I would be happy to make you a reservation for a future stay. Again, thank you for the time it took you to respond to our survey. We do use these responses in an effort to improve on our property. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, in order to prove that the service here at our hotel can meet and exceed your expectations.

Sincerly: