“Poor Experience at Ramada”

Ramada Lexington North Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #54 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
A TripAdvisor Member
“Poor Experience at Ramada”
Reviewed 29 November 2005

When I made the reservations I was not informed that the pool/game room/fitness room was under renovation and closed until January, 2006. I specifically booked the hotel for the pool. The hotel was very noisy, dirty (my daughter picked up a glass in our room that looked like it had been used as an ashtray) and smelly. The hotel staff were not all that eager to please hotel guests. A very unpleasant hotel experience. The buffet breakfast is mediochre--money better spent elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Chicago
Reviewed 9 August 2005

My family stayed there for 2 days beginning on July 29, 2005. We were on a road trip and decided to stay at this place based on an advertisment in a tourism magazine. I will never stay at another Ramada Inn again. Our room smelled, was dirty and very noisy. I would have left but we arrived late at night and there was a convention so other hotels in the area were booked. The indoor pool was dirty with mold on the floor around the pool. The staff was not helpfull. This is a terrible hotel and one which should be avoided at all costs.

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank Ampelio
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 July 2004

Cost of Hotel was $78 which was WAY too much. First problem we had was the door handle did not work properly and we were unable to get into our room. The room was extremely small for it being a double occupancy. Secondly, the TV did not work at first. We then noticed that it was unplugged. Apparently the power buttong on the TV was broken and the only way to turn it on/off was by unplugging it. There was a universal remote in the room for the TV but it was not programmed to the TV. Third problem we encountered was the air conditioner. The drapes where the wrong size for the window and where continously blown open by the AC unit. This was a problem seeing that we where on the 1st floor. We ended up having to shut it off even though it was a very humid evening because the parking lot light would shine into the room when the drapes where blown open. Lastly, one of the reasons I chose the hotel is because if offered complimentary muffins and coffee. When my wife called the front desk to inquire about what kind of muffins they had the front desk clerk informed my wife that they did not offer muffins and coffee. They stated the only breakfast was through their on site resteraunt. Upon checking out my wife mentioned our problems to the front desk staff and did not receive any apologies or explanations. I decided to make a complaint. The manager of that Ramada resonded via mail and indicated that all the problems we had where somehow our responsibility and as I indicated to him and I still stand by this, I will never stay at another Ramada again.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member