“Wouldn't stay again”

Super 8 Lexington Winchester RD
Ranked #55 of 71 Hotels in Lexington

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Vermilion, Ohio
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I've stayed here before, and I think I reviewed it before. In my previous review, I would have said that it was an older hotel, but it was fine for sleeping overnight. However, my recent stay makes me question whether I want to go back.

There were good and bad aspects of the room. The hotel is obviously pretty old, and is showing its age. However, they obviously had made some renovations to it. The floor tiles in the bathroom were definitely renovated within the last few years. However, the tub unit needed to be replaced. The floor of the tub had some kind of a layer peeling off, the handle in the tub was black on one side of it. I think the maids do what they can to keep it clean, but it really needs replaced.

The carpet was pretty gross. It probably gets vacuumed, but it really needs to be shampooed, or replaced completely. It was stained and sticky. I saw 3 of those stink bugs in our room. The walls are thick enough that you can't hear talking in the next room, but you can hear their bed moving, if you know what I mean. The mini-fridge seriously needs to be defrosted.

I felt like the sink area was pretty clean, and I think the sheets were clean too. The lady at the desk for check-in was friendly and seemed happy to have guests.

I think the only way they could improve this hotel is to completely renovate the entire thing. There's enough hotels around Lexington that I'll probably stay elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lexington
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We arrived from NB I-75. We did not see the Super 8 sign but had the address. We finally found the way to this nice motel after a stop at the local CVS pharmacy and took a look at one of their local maps. Management may want to have the sign extended so NB travellers can see it. SB travellers would probably have no trouble. If you know where it is, it is a cinch to get there. P. Lockhart, London ON Canada

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This place is old, tired, worn out and really just needs a bulldozer. The area seems to be going through redevelopment and the Super* and Motel6 are prolly not much longer for the world. Rooms are VERY overpriced for old, worn decor with cigarette burns in the quilt and nasty bathrooms. Should be priced around 30/night and the breakfast is subpar. Desk Clerk was the same person every time I passed by which might explain her less than sunny demeanor. Good place if you need to say you had a room in Lexington but never plan to be in it.

Room Tip: The best rooms are at a different place...