Super 8 Lexington Winchester RD
US$116
Great 4.5/5
Hyatt Place Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$152
US$140
Country Inn
Great 4.5/5
Clarion Hotel Conference Center North(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$103
Very Good 4/5
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$193
US$153
Hotels.com
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsovernight stayrecommend staying herefridge and microwavegas stationgreat place to stayfirst floorstaff was very friendlysuper8walmartinterstateupgradespets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 April 2010

We picked this hotel because of its price - we needed multiple rooms to accommodate our family and didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars on rooms. This place was decent enough but definitely needs updating. The carpeting in the hall way was really gross - lots of stains everywhere. The room was pretty much what I expected. It has old bedding and decorations. I kept my shoes/flip flops on at all times because the carpet just looked worn out and I didn't trust it to be clean. I even wore them in the shower because the tub looked dirty. But it was okay, I was basically expecting it with that kind of price tag. And I can deal with a room as long as the bedding is clean and there are no bugs.

One thing that was annoying about this hotel is the layout. The stairs are located on either end of the building with no stairs in the middle and no elevator. We had middle rooms on an upper level and we just found it annoying and difficult to transport luggage with this layout.

The fridge was a nice bonus and I was really happy to get full cable tv. One odd thing was the vending machine. It was practically empty with only a few pieces of candy in the whole thing. It looked like they hadn't refilled the thing in years. This small thing is just an example of how this place isn't exactly big on details or maintenance. But it's fine if you just want a place to crash and aren't expecting too much.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank mrw860
super8lexingtonwinch, Webmaster at Super 8 Lexington Winchester RD, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Lexington/Winchester Rd for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you enjoyed the convenience of the fridge and the full cable TV.

1) Management was approached about the possibility of restocking the vending machine.

2) Management was appraised of the appreciation you spoke of concerning the fridge and the cable TV.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Lexington/Winchester Rd. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 30 September 2009

Nothing fancy, but the price was right, breakfast better than most motels. Rooms were clean. First thing I check is how clean the bathroom is, and pull back the bedsheets. This motel passed. Location is ok, numerous restaurants close by. This motel was a good value.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2008

We came to Lexington during a very busy weekend. This hotel was my third choice. My first two choices were full, a few hotels were very expensive, and the reviews for the rest were terrible. We arrived at about 11:45 p.m. In the lobby at check-in, I noticed a sign that said the internet was only working in the central rooms located near the lobby, which was very upsetting to me as I needed the internet for my job. While I was able to connect to the internet on my laptop for leisure, I was not able to work because I needed wired internet for my job. This was very stressful because it was not advertised as wireless only, so I was unable to complete my work. The bathtub was dirty with hair and unidentified debris. I checked the sheets before we laid down because I had read a previous review about the sheets having not been changed. Our bed had fresh linens, but when I pulled the bedspread back, there was old food at the base which had not been cleaned up. We only noticed one ant in the room crawling on the wall, but there was beetle in the hallway. The breakfast was fairly good, but the biscuits were cold and crumbly. There was no iron or microwave in the room, but we had a nice size refridgerator. The desk staff was friendly. The decorations were outdated. We heard several sirens during the night.

Stayed: April 2008

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Lexington/Winchester Rd for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by not having wired internet to use for your job.

I am glad that you found our desk staff to be friendly, that is always nice to hear.

1) The desk staff was informed of the nice comment you made concerning them

2) Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

3) Management was approached about the possibility of making sure that if the internet is to be wireless only, this is made clear in our advertisements.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you once again choose to stay at Super 8 Lexington/Winchester Rd. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 29 December 2007

We chose this motel for the combination of location and price as we were on our way elsewhere and only needed a place to sleep.The person on duty was very helpful with directions to all the local restaurants. We found the room to be rather small, but the bed was comfortable and, initially, the room seemed clean and well kept if a bit old. The mattress had shifted somewhat during the night, however, and dried blood was found on the box spring. YUCK!!! We enjoyed the breakfast. I especially enjoyed the 'make your own' waffles, very unusual for a motel in this price range.

To sum things up, this is a good place if all you need is a place to sleep for the night. Some checking for cleanliness is in order, however.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 25 August 2007

We were quite pleased when we arrived with our choice. The motel was conveniently located on the east side of town right off I-75. It was set back from the roads and was quiet.
There was a microwave, refrigerator , hairdryer, and coffee maker in the room. The TV had about 50 channels and closed caption. The bathroom was older but clean. The room had one queen bed, a table and chair, and a corner chair in addition to the chest of drawers and bed table, all quite attractive. The bed was very comfortable..The The free wireless computer hookup didn't work at first but afterwards we had no trouble with it. The sink outside of the bathroom was convenient for getting ready in the morning.
The breakfast was delicious - cereal, waffles, eggs/sausage/biscuit with gravy,sweet rolls/bagels/bread for toast, apples and bananas, juice and coffee- in a very attractive area.
When we checked out, we were very glad that we had chosen this motel from an online search and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a lower priced motel.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)