“Neighborhood Bakery”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I went to Magee's every weekend for years while living in Lexington and still go by every time we are in town. It is a wonderful, family-owned and operated business that can handle the biggest private catering job to the single dessert and coffee on your lunch break. Their Breakfast and Lunch are both quite good and they always have a large variety of breads and baked goods for sale to take away. Very friendly and convenient to downtown and Chevy Chase.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

The cake doughnuts are lovely - both the caramel glazed and the chocolate glazed certainly met our expectations. The cinnamon rolls are delicious as well, and, as an added bonus, are a reasonable size - so you can eat one and not feel overly stuffed! As we had never been before, the person helping us was very understanding and described the different doughnuts they had available - since there aren't any signs as to what different things are. My husband also said the coffee was good.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

A great place to get treats and a great place to linger. Maggee's Bakery has been around for as long as I can remember (and, that's a long time). My favorite there is the creme horns. Whenever my kids come to town, they want me to be sure and pick some up to have around the house. It's the only place I know where I can still get really good creme horns.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I visited this lovely place one rainy morning to kill a little time. I let the staff know it was my first visit, and when I couldn't decide between two pastries, they gave me the one I decided against for free to try! The coffee is bottomless if you dine in and it is really good. I sat by a window, enjoyed delicious pastries and hot coffee, and read. Very nice place!

Reviewed 2 September 2012

The staff/owner are just nice people. The pasteries and breakfast food are great. While being indecisive, the owner just gave us some extra pasteries knowing we were from out of town!