“Solid hotel experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in London
Chula Vista, California
“Solid hotel experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2011

This was a solid Holiday Inn Express experience.

I had a reservation as a Priority Club member and the hotel staff had my key and check-in paperwork ready on my arrival, so check-in was completed in a matter of minutes.

The first floor room had remarkably high ceilings and was clean and neat. It was quiet with no street noise or noise from adjacent rooms. There was ample parking around the hotel.

As I arrived late in the evening, I didn't have the opportunity to check out other amenities in the hotel.

The continental breakfast was standard Holiday Inn Express fare: omelettes, bagels, cereals, juices, fruit, yogurts.

I was in transit to another location and I would stay here again.

The included

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hielozky, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites London, responded to this review, 2 August 2011
I want to thank you for taking time out of your schedule to give us your comments and concerns, not only does it help us to improve and make every customers stay a more relaxing and comfortable stay. Also, I want to thank you for being a Priority Club member. Im glad that your stay was a comfortable and relaxing stay. We hope to see you in your future stays. Thank you

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2011

Me and my wife were glad we stopped at this Holiday Inn, we were warmly welcomed by not only by the front desk attendant but also the housekeeping staff as well. We actually checked in a little early and our room was not quite ready but since we were Priority Club members we were upgraded to one that was and it happened to be a very large suite room. Something we didnt expect at all. The room was excellent and clean, the beds extremely comfy, and it seemed they recently placed new carpets throughout the hotel, very nice, and the out side and inside of the hotel seemed to been well maintained, which is a plus it is what actually caught our attention in the first place.

The attendant at the desk was very knowledgable about the area and very helpful with recommending what restaraunts we would be interested in. I would recommend the local Mexican restaurant, excellent food and service. What I couldnt get enough of was the location, everything from food to shopping was close by. We were in town for both business and leisure and i needed few papers faxed and copied the attendant at the desk gladly did it with no charge!! Also needed some stamps but they seemed to have no access to any stamps, but told me there was a post office down the road not even half a mile away, and was she right, on our way to the post office i notice an Office Depot, so me and my wife did a little bit shopping there as well. Again the location is perfect. Breakfast was great but they could offer some more fruits. All in all our experience at this Holiday Inn was wonderful and everything was met above our expectations. I travel alot between Michigan and Alabama and will definitely keep this hotel in mind and will recommend to friends, family and other fellow travelers.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Backpackers61
North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2011

I have been staying here over the course of about a year and a half. When we started staying here it was getting up to the new Holiday Inn Express standards and we were pleased. Unfortunately, as time has passed the quality has been going down. I try to stay in Holiday Inn properties as much as possible, and as a result I am at the highest level in the Priority Club. However, I have been put in the room next to the elevator, in a room that smelled of smoke horribly, etc.

Little things that make a difference for road warriors are often over looked. For example, if i have the do not disturb on the door, please do not call to see if I want my room cleaned. That is disturbing me by definition.

Breakfast is dodgy at times. Very little fruit and/or healthy choices are available.

My collegues have taken to going to another hotel in town. I am afraid I am working that way as well.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank dancin8
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2010

This is a great place to stay as well as a great location for all travel access points in southeastern Kentucky! There are different restaurants in the area to select from as well as a convenient shopping center with a Walmart that is about less than a mile from the hotel.
Pro: Check-in was very friendly and fast customer service, room was very clean (my white socks stayed white while in my room unlike other hotels I've stayed at), well maintained hotel both inside and out, bed was very comfortable and not too firm.
Con: Complementary breakfast not that good, chair and hassock in room not very comfortable.

The TripAdvisor review "Best place to stay in London, KY" from Nov 12, 2007 that I read prior to booking a room for my leisure trip is spot on when I stayed in Sept 2010!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank like2travelusa
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2010

This hotel is very neat and clean. The staff was extra nice and helped with getting us a crib for the baby. We had stopped in Corbin,KY, the town just before London. We left the hotel in Corbin (Comfort Inn and Suites), b/c it was disgusting. I was traveling with my sister, 4 yr old son and 3 month old. We were so happy we left Corbin and staying at this hotel. Awesome service!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2010

London, Kentucky will never win any awards as one of America's more exciting cities though night in and night out, it seems to attract hundreds of travelers because of its physical location, roughly midway between Cincinnati and Knoxville. None of London's accommodations is better that the Holiday Inn Express which sits about two-tenths of a mile east of the I-75 freeway that cuts the state in half.

The HIE sits somewhat awkwardly off a side road behind a service station, but it is more than worth the added trouble of figuring out "the how-to" of getting to its front door. The front desk personnel when we arrived were solicitous, open, and extremely friendly. The lobby is hardly beautiful but it is well-appointed as is the adjacent breakfast room. An elevator is easy to access (unlike so many new motels) and the rooms are excellent. The bathroom was filled with an over-abundance of towels and wash clothes, the bedroom was spacious, the bed itself and the chairs were very comfortable, the small microwave and the even larger refrigerator very useful. The dressers in the room offered tons of space for storage should anyone wish it. The work desk was unusually large and each room is fitted with both high speed Internet access and wi-fi which worked without a hitch. The proprietors seem very conscious of trying, in as many ways as they can, to emulate those luxuries usually seen only in the most expensive large city hotels. One would have to be extremely picky to dislike the Holiday Inn Express.

None of the above should suggest, however, that this motel is perfect because it is not. The rug in our large bedroom, for instance, was stained and needed a very thorough shampooing. Though our room smelled fresh and clean, the hallway was somewhat clammy and slightly less than pleasant whenever we had to be in it. The breakfast, while certainly more than adequate, was only "average" and one of the less appealing of the many motels in which we stopped on our most recent ten-day trip. There were other "problems" as well but like those above, all were minor when compared with the far more numerous "pluses."

London's Holiday Inn Express is a solid choice for a good night's rest. No-one ought to hesitate to stop there when in the area.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2010

Stayed over night on drive home to Michigan from Florida. We checked in at midnight. The night desk clerk was very friendly and helpful! He explained my charges and highlighted some amenities at the hotel. Our room was neat, clean and very nicely decorated. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in away from home! The pillows and blankets were of high quality also! We had a great sleep. The following morning, we enjoyed a complimentary breakfast before leaving. The breakfast was the best complimentary hotel breakfast I've ever seen... biscuits and gravy, sausage, eggs, muffins, bagels, toast, donuts, cinnamon buns, cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, orange juice, apple juice, coffee, tea, milk... wow!! And did I say complimentary?!! Again, upon check out, the clerk was most friendly! The hotel was clean, neat and nicely decorated. We also had free wifi. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone passing through or staying in London, KY.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank krazygirlkt
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, London
Baymont Inn & Suites London Ky
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 12 in London
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham London
Red Roof Inn London I-75
Baymont Inn & Suites Corbin

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites London? Share your experiences!