“Very Disappointing”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites London
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 August 2013

While traveling with my wife, daughter and 11 yr old grandson we stopped at this property based on our past positive experiences with Holiday Inn Express hotels, what a mistake. Should have been tipped off by the attitude of the manager on duty. The young lady who was checking us in was clearly new and had troubles with the computer system. Rather than providing assistance and training he laughed at her and embarrased both of us. The first of the two rooms we were provided smelled terribly of stale cigarette smoke and mildew. The other was not quite as bad. We changed the one and lived with the other. Bathroom sink in one of the rooms was completely clogged. Threadbare and ripped towels should have been pulled from use rather than provided to guests. Door latch on one room needed repair as it took a herculean effort to close the door so that it would lock. All in all a clear lack of attention to detail on the part of management. Won't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Pamman
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites London, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear Pamman,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service, our room and bathroom condition which was unacceptable. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

The sign "No Public Restrooms" is Still Up. The two goons at the front desk were obviously there to collect money and guard the cash. They did let me use the restroom after I gave them my Holiday Inn Priority Club Card and my Credit card for one nights stay. They offered no help finding the restroom though which must be very popular due to the extremely close proximity of the Big BOY Hamburger place and the gas station you will probably drive through to get to this Hotel. When I asked about a local restaurant the head goon said he thought they closed at ten but didn't offer to call to be sure. The beds are good. The A/C was good and cold. The ice machine next to our room was empty so it was a quiet night. 1/3 mile to I-75. Did not meet the "mean" owner.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Fedexnasalradiator
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites London, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear Fedexnasalradiator,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are glad you liked the room accommodations you had. Please allow us to apologize for the service you received that did not live up to your expectations. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class experience. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Must of hired ALL new house keepers. I checked in July 18th thru July 23. My bed NOT once was changed. I had to beg front desk to please help me with this issue. They have offered 1/2 off my next stay. I stay in room 307 every time. Right near laundry room for convince. Being MILITARY you would think they would respect you but NO!!! I will not be back again!!!! My garbage wasn't even changed. The room its self I would not let my dog stay inn. Very disappointed in my stay. I took pic's of some of my room. Enjoy!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Amy F
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites London, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

Dear Amy F,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to convey your thoughts regarding your stay with us.

I am disappointed to hear that we have left you with a less than memorable experience. I sincerely apologize for the lapse in service with regard to our level of cleanliness. We always aim to provide the highest level of service and deliver the best accommodation and we deeply regret that we were not able to exceed or at least meet your expectations on this occasion.

Dhan M

Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

We called ahead late in the evening to see if they had a vacancy whilw on the road. The very friendly desk person assured there was room and reserved it for us. We were told that this hotel had been renovated earlier this year which also included new beds. It was clean, very eye appealing and the beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I had arrived on a Sunday afternoon to stay a week for business. The gentleman at the front desk was friendly and attentive and had our reservation information ready before we had even arrived. Throughout the week, my room was well taken care off and cleaned rather well. Housekeeping even thought enough of me to arrange my toiletry items on the bathroom sink so that they would be easier to find.

My only complaint would be about the indoor pool made the entire bottom floor smell rather musty. Not a deal breaker by any means but something to think about if you have sensitive allergies. Also, continental breakfast wasn't much, but I guess that's why its called continental breakfast.

The hotel is conveniently located right off of interstate 75 with several restaurants within a short drive. You cant beat this hotel for the price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Great place at the foothills of the Smokey's to stop (travelling East) for rest. We stopped on our way during Spring break. Everything you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express! The front desk was busy helping other Spring Breaker's find lodging as they were filled up.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jilek5niles
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My friend and I were traveling to visit my sister and her family, and like to break the trip into 2 parts. We had never stayed at this hotel, but we would definitely stay again and recommend this hotel to friends and family. The hotel staff was wonderful and knowledgeable, the hotel was immaculate, the rooms were wonderfully appointed, and extremely clean. The pool area was clean, and very nice, the breakfast had many fresh choices, and plenty of food. We would definitely come back!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends