“Wonderful pies!”

Ranked #5 of 19 Bakeries in Louisville
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: East Louisville
Description: Since 1982 we have been Louisville's bakery and fresh churned ice cream shop. We make all of our baked goods and ice cream from scratch. We are only ice cream shop in Kentucky that churns 100% from scratch. We buy all of our dairy locally and pledge to use dairy free of growth hormones.Stop in and try our award winning caramel dutch apple pie, or old fashion cakes, cupcakes and cookies.We are open 7 days a week. Family owned and run for over 30 years!
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I met a friend in Lexington on the way to a Taylor Hicks concert In Indiana. I usually take Taylor and the band a cake or something, so I found this place online. I asked another friend, who lives in Louisville, and she said it was great. As soon as we walked in I knew we had come to the right place! We got the caramel apple and chocolate pecan for the band and another caramel apple for when we got back to my friends' house later that night. We warmed it up in the microwave and it was amazing! You won't get a pie like that in any run of the mill bakery! I'll definitely be going back the next time I'm passing through!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

The big local debate is which Ice Cream shop is better in the city. I am a homemade guy. The quality is what does it for me.
I'll give Comfy Cow price and Quantity, but I gotta say that Homemade takes the cake.

It's still not my favorite Ice Cream place in the city... it is # 2 to Valley Dairy Freeze.

Still, amazing.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Their pies and/or ice cream are definitely a special treat. Quality of their desserts is excellent. We did not dine in. Picked up treats to take home for a snack and it was well worth the trip!

1  Thank AnnaBerry_Kentucky
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

We have to eat here at least once every time we are in Louisville. I'm always torn on what to choose because they have so much to offer. This time I decided on Italian cream cake, was not disappointed!

1  Thank Graceandfaith
Reviewed 30 July 2013

If you are in the mood for homemade ice cream or delicious homemade pies and cakes, you must stop by the Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen. Their ice cream is handmade with all local ingredients each day. It tastes exactly like you made it in your own ice cream churner. They have a variety of flavors and the staff is very helpful and friendly. You can try a sample before you comit to a whole cone. Yum!

1  Thank Brian B