My daughter and I stayed here one night while attending the state fair. My friend had reserved this room at a non-refundable rate and then could not use it. the hotel management graciously allowed me to take over her reservation. The hotel and grounds were spotless, front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was spotless but had an odd odor. Refrigerator and microwave in the room but the lighting was awful! There is a small table with chairs but no light anywhere near. Beds and bedding were wonderful! We felt safe in the well lit parking lot, but to get to the fairgrounds advertised as "across the street" you have to cross the parking lot and cut through a fence to the Arby's parking lot, which made me uncomfortable. Also, the Freedom Hall is quite a hike from the hotel and I felt very unsafe walking alone with my daughter after dark back from the fair. They have a shuttle for the airport, I wished the had made it available to fair goers. While we didn't use the pool we did check it out. At first we thought it was a large hot tub, but it is just a very small pool...perhaps six people before it seemed crowded. I would stay here again but would probably drive to the fairgrounds rather than walk. Also, we travel frequently and this was one of the quietest rooms I have ever stayed in. We heard absolutely nothing from the hallway or adjoining rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to One of the Best of Louisville Airport Hotels! Set in the heart of Louisville's convention, sports and airport districts, the newly built, smoke free Holiday Inn Hotel at Louisville Airport - Fair / Expo has an ideal location. We're less than a mile from the Louisville International Airport (SDF) and near the attractions and businesses of Louisville, KY. Our hotel is a few miles from attractions like Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom and the world-famous Churchill Downs & Kentucky Derby Museum. You can spend the day cheering for the University of Louisville's Cardinals at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium or visiting Freedom Hall at the Kentucky Fair & Expo Center across the street from our hotel. The Louisville Zoo and local parks are just a few miles away. Business travelers benefit from our hotel's location near the Kentucky Fair & Expo Center, UPS, Ford, Brown & Williams, Louisville Naval Ordnance Station, the University of Louisville and other businesses in Louisville. Lodging here gives you access to our 1,892 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space and a 24-hour business center. Our exceptional hotel in Louisville features Kem's Cafe & Lounge, an indoor, heated pool and a 24-hour fitness center. For a well-appointed room with free high-speed Internet access, triple-sheeted bedding, a 32-inch LCD HDTV, a large work area, a microwave and a refrigerator, call our Louisville, KY hotel today to reserve a room for your next stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Hotel Louisville
- Holiday Inn Airport And Fair/Expo Center