“Great Service to Churchill Downs” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center

Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center
Ranked #59 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Central Oregon
“Great Service to Churchill Downs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

We spent one night at the Holiday Inn. It was fantastic, the staff was so helpful in restaurant suggestions, activities, and general promotion of Louisville. They shuttled us to Churchill Downs and then picked us up hours later. Nice clean rooms and friendly staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnSDF, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Travelcoug,

Thank you for your recent reveiw about the Holiday Inn Louisville Airport Fair/Expo Center. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass along your good comments to our staff. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Louisville. Thank you for your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Proctorville, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed here only one night before flying out early the next morning. My only disappointment was that we were in a room with 'queen' beds. We had requested a king but weren't able to get it. The room was very spacious and clean on the plus side! I have no complaints as it was clean, big and had all the regular Holiday perks. It was very close to the airport and had complimentary transportation if you needed. There were a few restaurants within walking distance which made it easy to access!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Viareggio, Toscana, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Unable to retrieve my reservation although I have All the papers and numbers with me. Because of that they got me waiting for 40 minutes or more instead of giving me the room and do whatever they need to fix their problems.
Plenty of hotels near by. Do not go to them and being treated like that

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CarmineLosco
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear CarmineLosco,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns.

I am sorry to hear the troubles you had during your stay. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had with your reservation and deeply regret the poor service you received from our staff.

Your experience is definitely not reflective of the high standards that we usually pride ourselves with, as such your comments will be forwarded to the hotel's management and will be used to consider improvements where possible. We hope that you will still give us a chance and allow us to redeem your faith in our products and services.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel was in a great location. We were close to Churchill, Megacaverns and Wagners (our Louisville, Kentucky favorites). Parking was a little tough in early evening. Rooms were clean, pool was very small, but I would still recommend this hotel.

Stayed October 2013
HolidayInnSDF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Brig 1973,

I am happy to hear that our great location worked out well for you on your recent stay. I will be sure to share with our housekeeping staff that you appreciated their hard work. Please stop in and see us again on your way to Churchill Downs. Thank you for your business!
Tellico Plains, Tn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stayed here one night for business. Hotel is situated between papa johns stadium and Fairgrounds/expo center. Very convenient if going to one of them places. Hotel is just off the main road that goes by there. Very easy to miss the turn, because it sits behind another hotel and you can't see it very well. Check in was excellent, staff was very friendly and helpful. Hotel and room was clean and comfortable. Downstairs there is a restaurant / lounge which looked very nice. Breakfast had a nice assortment, eggs, bacon, sausage and all the other stuff too. Didn't eat breakfast, I just went down there to get a milk. I was charged $3.50 for what looked like less than a pint of milk. So I could only imagine what the whole breakfast would of run me. My suggestion if staying here, bring your own food and drinks or go out. Other than that, hotel is very nice and would stay again when in area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnSDF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Vendetta_75,

Thank you for letting the world know how your stay was with us. Just FYI our full hot breakfast buffet is only $9.95 so please join us for a meal the next time you visit Louisville. Thank you for your business!
Southern IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

My daughter and I stayed here one night while attending the state fair. My friend had reserved this room at a non-refundable rate and then could not use it. the hotel management graciously allowed me to take over her reservation. The hotel and grounds were spotless, front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was spotless but had an odd odor. Refrigerator and microwave in the room but the lighting was awful! There is a small table with chairs but no light anywhere near. Beds and bedding were wonderful! We felt safe in the well lit parking lot, but to get to the fairgrounds advertised as "across the street" you have to cross the parking lot and cut through a fence to the Arby's parking lot, which made me uncomfortable. Also, the Freedom Hall is quite a hike from the hotel and I felt very unsafe walking alone with my daughter after dark back from the fair. They have a shuttle for the airport, I wished the had made it available to fair goers. While we didn't use the pool we did check it out. At first we thought it was a large hot tub, but it is just a very small pool...perhaps six people before it seemed crowded. I would stay here again but would probably drive to the fairgrounds rather than walk. Also, we travel frequently and this was one of the quietest rooms I have ever stayed in. We heard absolutely nothing from the hallway or adjoining rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnSDF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Travel Gal,

Thank you for visitng us while you were here for the Fair. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel peaceful and spotless. Please stop by and see us the next time you are in town. Thank you for your business.
Quebec City, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stayed 1 night lately for business. Day staff front desk don't understand what they do.

Night staff was the worst that I saw during the last 5 years. Didn't know how to print a statement, not available at the counter (was outside in her car), what shame for an holiday inn hotel.... I am a current Holiday Inn customer across North America but their quality accommodation is going down. I have to find another chain to meet my expectation, if you have any recommendation ?

Room Tip: Better hotel than that