“A Solid Option”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown
Ranked #31 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This property is a solid moderately-priced downtown Louisville hotel. It is kind of on the outskirts of the hotel district, though, near the Jewish Hospital medical buildings.

Nice, newer decor throughout. Room was a bit small, but on par with sizes in this grade of hotel chains. Room seemed very clean, and had a large floor-to-ceiling window with a nice view of downtown. There was some street noise when buses, trucks or motorcycles went by but the streets quieted down after 11 pm. The bathroom counter top was short on space, but was made of attractive black granite and the shower featured newer-looking white subway tiles which was nice.

In-room wifi worked well. Fitness center was decent. Didn't use the small indoor pool. Free breakfast (standard hot/cold fare) was good. Parking was $10/day and is right at the hotel which was wonderful. You are given a card to swipe at the entrance and exit gates, so it is secure and you can come and go as often as you please.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank georgiamelissa
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown

Reviewed 11 June 2013

We (5 women) were staying at the Fairfield Inn Downtown for a bachelorette party and booked a suite. As mentioned in some other reviews our 2 Queen "suite" was actually two connecting rooms, one with two queen beds and the other with a sofa sleeper. Had I been booking a "suite" as a couple on a romantic get-away I would have probably been disappointed as there is not a great flow between the rooms, but considering we were 5 women who were more interested in adequate space and bedding this was actually more accomodating for our needs. It was also worth noting that the "suite" had two full bathrooms since it was two rooms. I am not sure if all suites are set up this way or if it is just a few of them...I do wish that the description of the "suite" on the website (or any booking website for that matter) would have been correct in describing that it is connecting rooms so that we could have known in advance.

Personally the bedding was not all that comfortable. It was very clean and updated, but everything felt of a lesser quality than I had hoped. Cheap pillows, stiff linnens and towels, basic cheap mattress. Aesthetically the room was very nice and modern so I was pleased there.

The hotel staff was very friendly. Upon check-in they were a bit understaffed it seemed. There was only one attendant at the counter on a Saturday when the hotel was booked at full capacity so there was a decent wait to check-in. The parking attendant was very helpful. Being at full capacity we had to park one of the two cars off-site ($5), the other in the garage ($10) The off site lot was hard to find but after a first failed attempt at finding the lot the garage attendant led the way and drove the driver back to the hotel. The same garage parking attendant also gave us a free shuttle to downtown 4th street that evening which was nice and much better than walking the distance in heels. The location is about .4 mi from 4th street so although it is absolutely walkable it is a bit out of the way and not right where the action of 4th street is.

I felt the breakfast was very good. Had a selection of hot and cold items. Nothing to write home about but there should be enough options that would satisfy anyone needing a light breakfast.

Overall I was satisfied staying here and depending on the occasion would stay here again. In the end it was nice to have two bathrooms, clean hotel, friendly staff, and decent location. If I was planning a romatic get away this wouldn't be my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: The 2 Queen + Sofa Sleeper Suite that we booked was two connecting rooms, one with 2 queen beds and...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank abfarris
Reviewed 3 June 2013

The staff was friendly and the breakfast was a little better than usual free ones. But that is about it. Parking is terrible. You are charged $10 per day which we did not know till we arrived. I think there might have been one cart to put your luggage on. The area, although proclaimed as downtown with night life leaves a lot to be desired. My husband & another male in our group both smoke so naturally they would have to go outside. Each time they did, someone would approach them and beg for cigarettes or even money. This certainly does nothing for your feeling of safety, not to mention that to get to your car you have to walk into a not so well lit parking garage.
I find it really hard to believe that Marriott would have their name on this place. The room rates were just ok. In general, with all the checking that I did I found the hotel rates to be much more than they should be considering the location. I mean come on, all they have to offer is the Derby, and that was over.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
sdfgj, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share comments regarding your visit to the Fairfield Inn Louisville Downtown. We always appreciate feedback as it allows us to continue to improve the experience we provide for our guests. Our staff is very eager to assist our guests to make your stay memorable. We have recently upgraded our complimentary breakfast buffet and now offer hot items as well, to include scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage. Guest safety and security is certainly a priority at any Marriott hotel. Since the majority of our guests do enjoy walking from the hotel to downtown dining and businesses we want them to feel comfortable doing so. Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience so that we can ensure other guests are able to comfortably enjoy the outside area.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

Last visit to Louisville we stayed at The Brown. For about...the same price. We ended up here because the downtown hotels were booked unless we paid $200 a night. Oh, Marriott, take your name off this place. It was basically a dressed up Comfort Inn / Econolodge. The towels were cheap and thin-thin. The breakfast processed-processed. Hampton Inn would look like 5-star in comparison. Luckily they had bananas, cereal and oatmeal.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your visit to the Fairfield Inn. I regret that you were disappointed in your stay. At a Fairfield Inn our guests enjoy the quality service experience they have come to expect from a Marriott at an attractive price. Fairfield Inn has recently upgraded the complimentary breakfast and now features freshly cooked scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage as well as a larger selection of fresh fruit. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back and gain your trust.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

I have stayed at many of the downtown Louisville hotels and I was not impressed by this one. From working in the travel business I am very accustomed to travelling in busy cities but my experience at this location was disappointing. The service was absolutely horrible, the parking was a nightmare (only one car can park onsite for a $10 fee, all others must park two blocks away for a $5 fee), the room was extremely small, and the bed was old and uncomfortable. I would much prefer to stay at the Marriott downtown where parking is not a nightmare and the rates are only slightly higher but it's worth it for peace of mind and pleasant stay. Don't waste your money or time staying at this hotel, there are many better options in the area!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your stay at the Fairfield Inn. I am very disappointed to hear you were not pleased with the service provided at the hotel. I have shared your comments with our team, as they are very committed to providing a memorable service experience for our guests. Fairfield Inn has many value added amenities such as a complimenary breakfast buffet, which was recently upgraded to include scrambled eggs and sausage as well as increased fresh fruit selections. I regret you found the parking inconvenient and costly. As a downtown location we do charge for parking as do the other hotels, however our rate of $10/night is lower than other hotels. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Fairfield Inn and earn your trust.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

The swimming pool is of an ideal size, it's so nice to take a dive in the humidity and heat of Kentucky summers !
The hotel is within walking distance to the conference center, and is quite modern, that's why I chose it for my stay.
Breakfast is good, although the breakfast area is a bit small.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

Overall a great place to stay. The rooms were clean and the service is good. A couple of things to be aware of: The continental breakfast leaves something to be desired. They did have waffles, toast, cereal, and fruit. Be aware that if you are driving, there is a $10 per day fee to use the parking garage but this is probably the case for anywhere downtown.

• Stayed: April 2013