“Nice location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown
Ranked #36 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed the night with some friends. Staff was really nice and everything was really clean.. Only problems were toilet seat was broken and parking is scarce due to two hotels sharing maybe 20 parking spots and you have to pay 10.00 a day.... The hotel is close to a lot of places you could easily walk to... They had breakfast but due to the time change we didn't get up early enough to check it out.... When we returned to the hotel in the wee early morning there were 4 police cars there and we asked the front desk lady if everything was ok and she shrugged us off said nothing but there was a security guy said they were kicking a group of people out for being to loud so party quietly...

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Debbie S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear BelindaQ,

Thank you for your review of our property. I apologize that you found our parking to be a problem, we do actually have almost 200 spaces for our guests to use. We also have a pretty strict no party policy at the hotel, our first priority to ensuring that our guests get a peaceful nights sleep. I will be sure to address your comments to the Night Audit team and this doesn't sound like the situation was handled correctly.
Thank you again, we look forward to welcoming you back, next time you are in Louisville.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed one night and it was really great. The room was nice and clean and the staff was wonderful. Compared to other hotel free breakfast, their's was awesome. I guess, the only bad thing was the parking, we tried to park once but part of the parking garage was blocked off (I guess because it was full) but we were able to wedge into a spot.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear MoniB513,

Thank you so much for the 5 star review, it is always wonderful to hear feedback from our guests. My team and i really do appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. I agree with you that i think our breakfast is great, who doesn't love a great waffle !

Reviewed 8 March 2014

This is my first stay at a Fairfield Inn and I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel and rooms had a very upscale feel and the amenities rivaled a higher caliber hotel. Everything was clean and neat and contemporary but I had some concerns about my room. For a newer room, the sink was cracked. The king bed was comfortable but the five pillows were small and uncomfortable. The chair was too low for the desk and if you lean back, you could fall as it was unstable and without support. I thought the breakfast was very nice and offered both scrambled eggs which weren't runny and hard boiled eggs among other things. The breakfast hostess was very friendly as were the front desk folks. Austin was particularly helpful. Great location . Nice to be away from the fourth street madness but be prepared for ambulance sirens as it is too close to a hospital.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Fcrane35,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that Austin was fantastic, i completely agree with you !
I am sincerely sorry that you had some issues with your room. I will be making sure that the sink is replaced as this is not our normal standard of maintenance and upkeep.
Rosie is our breakfast attendant that you mentioned, i will be sure to pass your comments along to her too.
Thank you again for the review, we really do appreciate it !

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Highly recommend for a stay in downtown louisville. Breakfast was pretty good. They really tried hard to accommodate all of our requests. Motel is a little older but it is well taken care of. My wife is pretty picky but no complaints. Would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Gwayneo2,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. My team and i are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. This feedback is really important to us as it allows us the opportunity to only improve our service.
Thank you again for the review, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

My wife and I came to louisville ky so she can undergo an operation, we stayed at the Fairfield Inn and suites. We were greeted at the front desk, check in was simple and fast, our room was clean and peaceful which was needed for her recovery. There shuttle service took us to her dr.s apt and picked us us and had a wheel chair handy the driver eric was kind enough to wheel her to our room and offered to run me to zoups so I can get her a light dinner and walgreens to get some medications. This has got to be the best customer service I have ever seen from a hotel. There hospitality and generosity was commendable and made our stay there a lot easier after my wifes surgery.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear George R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that Eric was so helpful. We really pride ourselves on great customer service. I will be sure to pass your comments along to Eric.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Easy to walk to most attractions in Central Louisville. Rooms are well appointed and of a reasonable size. On-site self parking is clean, safe and very accessible. Staff is friendly and helpful. Standard Fairfield complimentary breakfast. Highly recommended for its location and value.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Phil036,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back, next time you are in Louisville.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

The Location was most excellent very close to lots of things to see and nice restaurants. Need to improve breakfast I know the hotel was full but the breakfast bar was empty of hot items and the last day I stayed there it was completely empty. I Turkey expected more from a Marriott. Need to replace beds felt like they were wore out..lumpy.

Room Tip: Tried to have breakfast for 3 days and the bar was horrible the last morning there was absolutly no...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Debbie S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Tamra K,

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I would like to apologize for the Breakfast Experience you had with us last weekend. As you mentioned, it was a very busy weekend for us and to be very honest, we did not anticipate the number of guests that would be using our breakfast area. I can assure you this will not happen in the future. Thank you again for staying with us - we hope to see you again on a future visit to Louisville.