“great location”

Ranked #33 of 96 Hotels in Louisville
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“great location”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed at the Fairfield for 4 nights recently. The hotel location is excellent; walking distance to many attractions in Downtown Louisville. The entire staff was friendly and accomodating. The free breakfast was exactly the same every morning which got boring; but the food was good. We didn't use the pool, but that is a great feature. The building didn't look as new/fancy as some nearby hotels, but this is reflected in the price which is fine with me. We booked the hotel on a third party site and got a deal. I wish the parking was included in the price but we did have in/out privileges which was great. The beds were very comfortable and I am very picky. I usually get a sore back while on vacation, however I felt refreshed every morning. The room and bathroom were a great size, not too tight. The room and common areas were all clean. We would definitely stay at the Fairfield Downtown again if visiting Louisville again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank S W
Debbie S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear SW,
Thank you so much for the raving review of your recent stay with us,i truly appreciate you taking the time to post the review and share your experience with other travellers.
My team and i are always looking for ways to improve our guests experience and i will be sure to address all of your comments with them at our weekly staff meeting.
Thank you again for the review.
Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Trumbull, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We always try to stay at Marriotts because years ago we worked for the company and we know their standards. The staff was friendly and accommodating. My mother-in-law was able to borrow a wheelchair that they had on site to go to my sons graduation and also to churchill Downs. My only complaint about this property was the very small bathroom and there were no towels in the work out room. We especially enjoy the breakfast that is included with the price of the room. When traveling with a family this is a great perk.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Catherine B,

Thank you so much for the review of your recent stay with us in Louisville. I am thrilled to hear that you had a positive stay with us and were able to enjoy some of the great things Louisville has to offer. Congratulations on your son's graduation !
I will be sure to bring your comments about the lack of fitness towels to my Housekeeping Managers attention and will make sure my team and i double check this area on our daily property walks.
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean & the rooms were a nice size. My complaint would be the charge for parking each night, your already paying full price & three different taxes for the room each night parking should be free. Other than that it was cool.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear April S,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us, it is always great to get feedback from our guests about their stay. My team and i are constantly looking for ways to improve our hotel and your feedback is an important part of that.
Our parking facility is managed by a third party and we are unable to offer free parking however i can tell you of the hotels that charge for parking in the Downtown area, we are one of the lower price points.
Thank you again for the review.
Kentucky
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Here for thunder weekend. I brought an entire volleyball team here for a tournament and to watch fireworks. Absolutely no air conditioning. Unable to sleep. Miserable. Complained at front desk but entire hotel is hot except lobby. Paid high rates because of special event.

• Stayed April 2014
Debbie S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear ALHAMH,

Thank you for taking the time to posdt a review about your recent stay with us. I am sincerely sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. The weekend of Thunder over Louisville, our cooling system did fail. We had an engineering contractor working all day on saturday to fix the issue. We did get the system back up and running. If you would like to speak to me directly about this, i can be contacted at debbie.stevens@whitelodging.com. It is never our intention for a guest to leave our hotel without having a wonderful stay with us and i would like the opportunity to correct this.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel was clean and quiet until we got to the pool. While the pool was clean, the security gaurd on duty decided to bring all of her relatives here to swim. They were loud and migraine inducing. Made me wonder why we needed to pay, when they let anyone on off the street. I expected more of you Marriott brand... this isn't the HoJo or the local YMCA. if your staff wants to bring their friends and family, do it on a weeknight when there are not so many families staying at the hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank S H
Dear S H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am completely confused and shocked by your comments. We do have overnight security on the weekends, due to being a downtown location, however our security person is a male. We have a very strict policy at our hotel that none of our associates, managers or thier families are allowed to use any of the facilities here. I would love to ask you a few questions about this directly. If you would be so kind as to contact me at debbie.stevens@whitelodging.com. If we do in fact have an associate that has violated this policy i will deal with them directly. I am sincerely sorry that you experienced this at our hotel and can assure you i will be addressing it with the team this week.
Jasper, Indiana, Usa
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Nice clean hotel. Good location downtown close to attractions. Our boys (11 & 13) enjoyed the indoor pool and free Wifi. Decent hot breakfast. Comfy bed but rooms are a little small. Huge closet but small bathroom...that's a little strange. Super clean though. Parking lot and garage was tight for our SUV...$10 to park per day.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Kprumfelt,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. I will be sure to pass your comments to the team. We do offer oversized parking spaces around our facility as i completely agree with you, the parking garage can be a little tight, if you have a bigger vehicle.
Thank you again, i do look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed here with sons 10 and 14 on our way to Mammoth Cave. When we checked in, the person working the desk asked us if were there because of the “archery tournament” so clearly the hotel was aware they were going to be busy and they would be full of lots of families with kids. I didn’t realize how many kids until we attempted to use the pool. There was a sign saying only five kids in the pool at a time. I counted over 30 at one point. The pool was dangerously packed with kids jumping on each other. There was no way I was letting my kids in that pool as I was certain there would be a drowning. My boys were disappointed they did not get to swim. In the morning, I anticipated breakfast would be busy but by the time we got there at 8:30 a.m. most of the archery families had left. However it didn’t matter because the hotel was out of nearly everything. No milks, fruit, most of the bread/muffin/pastry containers were empty, water container empty, lite syrup container empty, etc. They had only one person working the food area and she looked overwhelmed. In the fifteen minutes we waited for the food to be restocked, we saw her only replenish the water container. Both sons left hungry so we had to stop for breakfast. This stay was one of our free nights we were redeeming but between the $10 for parking and having to stop and buy breakfast, it was far from free. What really irritated me though was on January 22nd, another Trip Advisor member made mention of the same issue of running out of breakfast food and management responded it would not happen again. Apparently they have not learned from their mistakes.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 8675309bergman
Dear 8675309bergman,

I would like to sincerely apologize for the your experience with us during your stay. We have been working very hard to ensure that we have enough room in our breakfast are for all of our guests. I have personally been working on the weekends to ensure that no other guest experiences what you did during the breakfast hours. I can assure you that i have discussed your comments with the team and we will continue to work on this. We have recntly started using our meeting rooms as breakfast overflow also.
Our swimming pool is very popular on the weekends and especially when we have groups at the hotel. I will make a point of ensuring that it is on our managers checklists to keep a close eye on it, to make sure it does not get out of control.
If you would like to rach out to me, i would love the opportunity to make this up to you. I can be reached at debbie.stevens@whiteloding.com and look forward to hearing from you.