“Pleasant two night stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown
Ranked #32 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Pleasant two night stay”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good hotel, very friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast included. Rooms are a good size and close to downtown Louisville. Plenty of bars and restaurants within an easy walk. A bit annoying that we had to pay for parking, but aside from that it was all good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Debbie S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Viking1861,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review about your recent stay with us, we really do appreciate the feedback and i will be sharing our comments with our team.
I hope that you will choose our hotel again, next time you are in Louisville,
Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 27 May 2014

$10 for parking in addition to the room charge, which we found reasonable for the downtown location. Others in our group stayed two blocks away and paid over double for parking at their hotel.

The bed was comfortable, and the pillows were super soft.

The location is great, very central, we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go in the downtown area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Debbie S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear G W,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a 5 Star Rating from your recent stay with us. I really do appreciate your feedback and thank you for your understanding about the very busy breakfast area.
I will be sharing your comments with the team as the feedback you provided is very important to us.
We look forward to welcoming you back, next time you are in Louisville.
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I wasn't expecting much so I wasn't disappointed. My husband and I had a single king room. It was small, really meant for just one person. The bathroom was teeny, just enough counter space in which to rest my toothbrush and toothpaste. The room was clean, though.

The free breakfast was okay. Our room did not have a mini fridge, which disappointed me. There is a small concession near the registration desk where you can get cold bottles of water, soft drinks, beer, wine, chocolate, etc.

The staff was very friendly and courteous. The hotel is in a really good location. It's close to downtown (within walking distance), close to the freeway, and it's easy to access the parking garage. It was nice that the garage parking charge was just $10 per day--most hotels charge more.

The bed was comfy as were the pillows. The temperature in the room, however, was not comfortable. We had a lot of trouble trying to keep the room at a comfortable temp. It was either too hot or too cold--there was no happy medium.

I was worried that we'd have to endure a lot of noise as there were quite a few families with children and 20ish singles. I was worried that the kids would run up and down the halls, and the 20-somethings would party all night. Not the case. Either everyone was being particularly courteous or the sound insulation is that good.

One thing that was outstanding--this hotel actually has towel racks in the bathroom!!!!

Dear Dawn60785,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. We really appreciate your honest review and i will be sure to share your comments with the team. I do apologize that you did not have a mini fridge in your room, currently this is not a standard for Fairfield Inn's but am thrilled to let you know that we will be getting them in every room by the end of the year !
I do hope that you would consider staying with us again, next time you are in Louisville.
Danville, Kentucky
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here a recent Saturday. We were on a budget rate (seemed to me) and one would have thought we were the highest paying room on the property that night. The welcome at the front desk was warm, the room was perfect, and the breakfast delicious. We love this central location and will look here first on every trip.

Dear MCN,
I wanted to take a moment to sincerely thank you for taking the time to post a fantastic review about your recent stay with us at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. It is always great to hear from guests that we exceed expecations and you would recommend us to others.
We look forward to welcoming you back, next time you are in Louisville !
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I booked rooms on Priceline. I called and asked for adjoining rooms. I was told that they would be able to accommodate. Unfortunately, when I arrived to check-in to the first room I found out that the note was missed on the other room and we didn't have adjoining rooms. The gentleman (Micah) at the front desk felt bad and worked quickly to make the changes. He upgraded one room to a King Suite, so that we could have adjoining rooms. What a difference that made. We were so happy!!
The breakfast in the morning was very tasty. There was quite a variety both mornings.
There is parking onsite and it was very convenient. I stayed here with my BF and all 4 of our kids. Everyone had a great time and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Debbie S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear CBeanRun,
Thank you so much for the raving 5 star review of your recent stay with us at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would highly recommend us to others.
I will be sure to pass your comments along to Micah and make sure he gets the special recognition that he deserves.
Thank you again, we look forward to welcoming you back, next time you are in Louisville.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed for 4 nights. The first night we were there the room was very warm and could not get the air conditioning to work. Micah at the front desk worked with us to try and have it fixed. When it could not be repaired right away Micah was great and was able to move us into another room right away. Rooms were clean. Breakfast was good, but they could not keep up with the coffee station, coffee was constantly empty. Parking was extra but unlimited in-out privileges. Would consider this hotel again if I am in Louisville.

Dear Jason M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Fairfield Inn and Suites.

I sincerely apologize that you had issues with your AC in the first room that you stayed in but am thrilled to hear that Micah was able to assist you and get the issues corrected. I will be sure to pass along your comments to him !

We look forward to welcoming you back, next time you are in Louisville.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed at the Fairfield for 4 nights recently. The hotel location is excellent; walking distance to many attractions in Downtown Louisville. The entire staff was friendly and accomodating. The free breakfast was exactly the same every morning which got boring; but the food was good. We didn't use the pool, but that is a great feature. The building didn't look as new/fancy as some nearby hotels, but this is reflected in the price which is fine with me. We booked the hotel on a third party site and got a deal. I wish the parking was included in the price but we did have in/out privileges which was great. The beds were very comfortable and I am very picky. I usually get a sore back while on vacation, however I felt refreshed every morning. The room and bathroom were a great size, not too tight. The room and common areas were all clean. We would definitely stay at the Fairfield Downtown again if visiting Louisville again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank S W
Dear SW,
Thank you so much for the raving review of your recent stay with us,i truly appreciate you taking the time to post the review and share your experience with other travellers.
My team and i are always looking for ways to improve our guests experience and i will be sure to address all of your comments with them at our weekly staff meeting.
Thank you again for the review.
Regards