“Well cared for establishment.”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center
Ranked #45 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed one night and found our room to be very clean and well cared for. The hotel is quite large and seems to have a lot of meeting space and sprawls out, but it all was in very good shape. The breakfast was filling, and around $10 per plate. They have a nice little deli with salads, sandwiches, chips and drinks that's pretty reasonable for a hotel.

The pool is large, outdoors, but covered. There was a lifeguard at the pool during operating hours and hotel towels were provided. We used the fitness center which overlooked the pool, had treadmills, ellipticals, bikes and several weight stations, pretty nice fitness room.

Was located just across from Kentucky Kingdom, so I suppose you could walk, but would be maybe a mile or so.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
John S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Rory S,
Thank you for taking the time to send in your review of the Crowne Plaza Louisville, we are always happy to hear that our guest had a good experience and was able to use all the amenities that we provide.
We look forward to your return visit,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza the last weekend in June while in Louisville for an event at the Expo Center. Got a group rate which saved a little. I was very pleased with the overall stay. Check-in was fast with no issues. Room was clean with a comfortable bed and decent pillows. I liked having real coffee cups for coffee in the morning. Complimentary toiletries were of good quality. Loved the proximity to the Expo Center. Breakfast was good at the restaurant (Blue Horse). Very close to Churchill Downs as well. Not a lot of restaurants nearby. Overall high marks for value. I have paid more and gotten less at other hotels in the same class. Look forward to staying again the next time I am in Louisville.

Room Tip: Stayed in a room on the north side of the main building. Very quiet despite being so close to the ai...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
John S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Browncow6,
Thank you for your great review and the wonderful remarks regarding you recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Louisville. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza for better than a decade, going back to its days as the Executive Inn West. I just finished staying there for the first time during the summer in connection with another convention next door at the Kentucky Expo Center. The hotel can't be beat for convenience in getting to the Expo and to the nearby airport. However, I noticed this time a couple of items for improvement. On our first full day there, housekeeping never reached our room by evening. I spoke with housekeeping about this and on subsequent days, the room was made up by midday. The other item which seemed problematic was the air conditioning. It was very difficult to get the temperature to a comfortable level and as a result, my roommate and I actually shut down the A/C at night in order to prevent the room from becoming uncomfortably cool. The result was that the room became uncomfortable warm. Perhaps the problem could be addressed through new thermostats or vents which direct the flow of air away from the beds. However, these "problems" do not overly detract from the hotel in a general sense and I will continue to stay here for my other annual conference in the February-March time frame. The staff is very accommodative and arranged for my Wall St. Journal to be delivered to my room each day. They also very easily and correctly split the cost of the room between my roommate and I upon our request.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stan W

Dear Stan,
Thank you so much for your great review of the Crowne Plaza Louisville, we appreciate our loyal guest and the feedback we receive. I am so glad that things worked out for your paper delivery, I know there was a hiccup the first day but pleased that it work out overall. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel one night while attending a National's Tumbling and Trampoline meet. I researched several hotels before booking this one. I ended up this one because of the location. It was very close to the Broadbent Arena entrance (however the do offer a shuttle) This hotel was much bigger than I expected AND way busier. Apparently there were several other events going on the same weekend. The rooms were very clean and I never felt unsafe in this hotel. With being right next to an airport, I never heard any noise.

My only complaints about this hotel are:
1. Parking (it was a nightmare)
2. Room Rate - I had been quoted a rate on a Tuesday and when I booked the room online on Thursday I realized the rate was higher. I called customer service to see if the would adjust my rate and they told me no.
3. The shuttle to the Broadbent was great, however, when I called for it to come back and get it me...it never showed. My son and I ended up walking back to the hotel. Which wasn't a huge deal. It was pretty outside.

After visiting the area, I would say this one was one of the nicer hotels in that area. There was only one or 2 others I would have considered.

All in all, this hotel served our purpose while in town.

1  Thank Heather J

Dear Heather J,
Thank you for taking the time to send in your great comments regarding the Crowne Plaza Louisville, we truly appreciate our guest letting us know when we do things right and truly appreciate when the comments are not so good and give us opportunity to make things better. Please accept my apologies for the problems encountered during your stay, I will be addressing each with our team in order to provide better service in the future.
Thank you again for your review and I look forward to your return,

Reviewed 24 June 2014

There seem to be an unusually high number of reviews that point out issues and problems with their stay here for an upscale brand such as this one, but I can only say that I had a very good experience. It was a one night stay passing through town and we arrived later in the evening to a friendly and efficient front desk attendant.

The room was impeccably clean and well appointed, with top notch beds. Didn't use any of the amenities like the pool or gym, but breakfast in the restaurant was tasty enough. Service was pretty slow though, and a small mistake was made with my order. All in all, I would return again, as the place seemed to offer very good value.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
John S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Crowne Plaza Louisville and rating us with 5 stars. We are so glad that you had a good experience with us and do hope that you will return again soon.

Jshake@cplouisville.com

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was the host hotel for our granddaughter's National Tumbling and Trampoline Meet in Louisville, KY. Not a good choice for families at all. Yes, they offered a discounted rate for the room, but that is where the extras ended. No free breakfast, no free coffee (except in your room) and they even removed the FREE WATER from the lobby by noon. (Really--how expensive is the water in Kentucky?!) Pool hours were 10 to 10, which was not quite up to other hotels we have visited. (I understand this is based on lifeguards which is another story) Our grandson wanted to swim early before we left for the meet but that didn't happen. And swim late-but pool closed at 10. Housekeeping was good and the staff was decent. One final incident happened as we were packing to leave. Our 2 yr old grandson was in his mother's room when the grown men adjoining them pounded on the door, screaming the "F" word and telling them to be quiet. It was 10:30 a.m. and the child was not that loud, but he was VERY SCARED by the profanity. We reported this to front desk, security arrived and men next door said we were too loud. Security then told us to be quieter. At check out, we encountered another mother who was complaining about the same men in the same room. (who had tried to encourage her young daughter to enter their room) We left before seeing the results of her complaint. Will NOT stay at this hotel again. Way over priced for what you get in return.

1  Thank Glenda H

Dear Glenna H,
Thank you for your comments, we would love to discuss this with you further, please contact me, when you are available.

jshake@cplouisville.com

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This property is located very close to the airport, however it is a very large hotel, a bit confusing and it shows its age. My stay was not the best due to challenges with the shuttle service, the lack of a working air conditioning unit, the condition of the carpet. The food in the deli was good and the price was right.

Room Tip: Make sure you check the room before you unpack. I had to move twice; the first room I was given was...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

We appreciate your candid feedback from your recent stay, While we never want to hear that someone's stay is less than perfect, we always appreciate the opportunity to hear from our guests on what we can do to improve our services. I will be following up with our team as to what happened on this day as this is not the norm. Please accept our apologies that we were not able to exceed your expectations and we hope you will consider staying with us again in the future

jshake@cplousiville,com