“Cockroach, cockroach, cockroach!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo
Ranked #59 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Everything was fine until I saw a cockroach. They have free WiFi, plenty of take out, a heated pool, and very comfortable beds. They also provide hair dryers in every room, which would be great if they didn't shoot injured cockroaches from their fans! That's right. I turned on my hair dryer expecting to quickly prepare for a night on the town, and was hit in the forehead with a cockroach instead!

There was only one front desk employee working, and no manager available. In addition, the folks at Comfort Inn national customer service said that they could not approve a refund and I would have to wait until the next day to have the refund approved.

Don't stay here unless you don't mind cockroaches!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank MarketingDrifter

Reviewed 14 December 2012

Yeah, 2, Antique TV's that have a little wire with a small plug on the end that must be placed on the top of the TV to use the remotes. Even then, you must get very very close to it for the remotes to work and that won't even let the volume button work! Not explained at all when we checked in on 12/8/12 or even 12/13/12. Even worse, when we were eating @ the breakfast buffet @ around 9:20 am ( stays open till 9:30 ) or at least that was the posted closing time, the attendant unplugged the toaster with the bagel I had placed in, in order to rudely plug in her vacuum and ran the loud vacuum near us while we were trying to finish up eating. Never did get to toast the bagel. Also, around 9:10 am, previously, we reported that the orange juice dispenser was putting out water only, she said ok and then never did anything about it. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and have stayed in everything from the Super 8 and worst.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RapidR
Reviewed 7 November 2012

This is a place that I would HIGHLY recommend. First of all let me start by stating that I made a HUGE MISTAKE by going thru HOTELS.COM (NEVER USE THESE PEOPLE) and when I went to check in I didn't get what I thought I was paying for. I was told by the front desk that a room has been requested with a jacuzzi, but I didn't get that room, I got just a standard room with a king size bed and that there was nothing that they could do for me since I didn't go thru them to make the reservations. James was working behind the desk and he was very helpful and apologetic about the situation and he would help me whatever way he could. He did exactly that, we got the standard room for the night and then they worked with up the next day to get everything worked out. Needless to say we didn't get our jacuzzi suite like we wanted, but we still enjoyed the stay and getting to know James and Donna (the manager) and they both were very helpful and very friendly.

The room was clean and very spacious.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2012

The motel isn't bad, clean enough good beds, breakfast, friendly. The room was big, two rooms so to speak, with two televisions. Unfortunately we could only figure out how to run one televsion. There was no channel listing, and the front desk couldn't give us one. Seemingly worst of all probably, the door wouldn't lock upon closing. In fact, it was very difficult to get the normal lock to lock. The extra dead bolt did lock. The bath was okay with the sink out of the bath room. It was right in the hall portion between the two rooms though, which seems a little exposed. I wouldn't recommend paying the full retail suggested rate on this one. Oh also I visited the pool which is in a separate connected building and couldn't get back into the main building except by going outdoors and through the front. I had my room key but couldn't find a swipe thing.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bhodie
Reviewed 21 August 2012

The Jacuzzi suite is a bathtub with 2 jets a showerhead and a shower curtain. I thought it was some kind of joke when I saw it. Plus there was no other bathtub. A jacuzzi suite is supposed to have a jacuzzi and a bathtub or at least a shower. You would never be able to fit 2 people in there so called jacuzzi..To boot i reserved this room in april for $100 a night they said I didnt need my cc just call a couple day in advance and give my cc. When I called they had no reservation in my name and they upped the price to $150 a night. When I arrived and saw the jacuzzi I immediately demanded a refund at least they gave me that without any hastle.I will give them credit for that.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank waldinbrock
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel during a recent business trip, and this one was by far the worst of the five different hotels I stayed in during the trip.
It's listed as a completely non-smoking hotel, and the rooms are posted as non-smoking, but many of the other "guests" apparently cannot read and smoke in their rooms anyways. The hotel does NOT enforce their non-smoking policy. So my room just plain stunk the entire time. It was very bad.
Internet connection tends towards the slow side.
The A/C unit cannot cool the bedroom and the living room within the suite, as the living room can get a bit warm. But it works fine for just the bedroom.
The room and bathroom were mostly clean, although the carpeting should be vacuumed better. The sheets were clean.
The breakfast was decent - pretty much what you can expect at a Choice Hotels brand.
There are some restaurants about 1.5 miles away - Cracker Barrel is where I ate dinner.
If the hotel will enforce their non-smoking policy, this would be a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary M
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Stayed there recently and found out just as another person had said. The rooms were hot, the rooms were maybe 80% clean and the couch that let out was as lumpy as a pile of rocks in three of the rooms we had. Two people did have numerous bites which a doctor confirmed was from bed bugs. I will be a lot more careful in the future in choosing a hotel and will check reviews.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business